Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3147 3148 [3149] 3150 3151 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14461715 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #47220 on: April 11, 2014, 10:04:16 pm »

For all of you asshats with LMGTFY: http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c113:S.2206.IS:/

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47221 on: April 11, 2014, 10:07:15 pm »

For all of you asshats with LMGTFY: http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c113:S.2206.IS:/
...Did the government just admit that they are less efficient than the internet?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #47222 on: April 11, 2014, 10:09:01 pm »

Ahaha, comm classes are absolutely dreadful. I literally went with my university's Honors program solely because doing so as a BA let me dodge having to take one, as well as avoiding taking the vast majority of the terrible survey courses. I've only needed to do three of those; one was mediocre with interesting labs, a second was Reaganite propaganda, and the third was a perfect example of why people teaching outside their disciplines is a bad idea. :x

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #47223 on: April 11, 2014, 10:51:36 pm »

I actually had a pretty great first communications class -- it was dual-enrolled with a pretty killer teacher, back in high school. We were occasionally threatened with a wooden prop sword. Then I had to withdraw from the second one (with the same teacher) because between its piece choices -- which were frankly making depression issues notably worse, and is largely what triggered my current general-distaste for "classic" literature* -- and other things I ended up switching over to the local adult school and more-or-less teaching myself the last half-semester of high school. Which was basically the best pre-college school experience of my life, but whatev'.

Later took the second course again and basically coasted through it because that first teacher was quite awesome. Continued to mostly carry me straight up through the bachelors, with a little bit of tweaking for some of the later philosophy assignments.

* I got really goddamn sick of "Poor sex, death, and bigotry." Which is how I summarize the majority of classic style literature. For all that the skill involved in great literature is pretty impressive, it gets boring** thematically bloody fast.
** And honestly frustrating, because no, I don't want to bury myself in conceptual sewage 24/7. You don't have to drown in the banal view of the human condition to get the freaking point. Give me happy sex, adventure, and interesting set pieces, plox.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #47224 on: April 11, 2014, 11:01:28 pm »

Geez, now you've got me thinking of Victorian-era poetry.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47225 on: April 11, 2014, 11:06:41 pm »

Apparently, everybody in my apartment block is getting kicked out. They just left notes and didn't tell anybody why they were getting kicked out or anything. They gave a 75 year old lady a week to pack up and get out. The hell, man, the new managers are dicks.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #47226 on: April 11, 2014, 11:09:49 pm »

They're demolishing the building to make room for some highrises, and it's up to a couple of small robotic ufos to unite all the tenants together to resist the buyout.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47227 on: April 11, 2014, 11:18:52 pm »

They're demolishing the building to make room for some highrises, and it's up to a couple of small robotic ufos to unite all the tenants together to resist the buyout.

I remember that movie.

Goodness aliens seem to be willing to risk their lives for the most mundane of human activities.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47228 on: April 11, 2014, 11:21:06 pm »

Aliens invade. Turns out they're just plumbers.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #47229 on: April 11, 2014, 11:27:16 pm »

Aliens invade. Turns out they're just plumbers.
Sorry, but your princess is on another Earth.
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #47230 on: April 12, 2014, 12:18:22 am »

A site I frequent appears to have been consumed by another site without warning beforehand and without any notice that it ever happened on the site it now gives me at the same adress.
I suspect (and hope) its just a redirection bug or something, but its still quite odd.
It begins
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47231 on: April 12, 2014, 02:10:03 am »

Don't want to start a new thread

But does anyone believe in using time travel to solve problems?

Everytime I see a "Lets go back in time and kill hitler" aspect in a show or a "why don't you just kill hitler?" I still never understood that line of thinking too much.

In some ways yes you are saving lives, but it always felt like creating an entirely different world. Why throw away your present and future for a different one that might not even be an improvement?

And even then, didn't the aftermath of that villain create many good things and lessons that we NEED to carry into the future?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #47232 on: April 12, 2014, 02:15:35 am »

Don't want to start a new thread

But does anyone believe in using time travel to solve problems?

Everytime I see a "Lets go back in time and kill hitler" aspect in a show or a "why don't you just kill hitler?" I still never understood that line of thinking too much.

In some ways yes you are saving lives, but it always felt like creating an entirely different world. Why throw away your present and future for a different one that might not even be an improvement?

And even then, didn't the aftermath of that villain create many good things and lessons that we NEED to carry into the future?
I'm pretty sure there had been so many of the similar argument against that idea that the "Kill Hitler" thing is essentially a Dead Horse Trope.

So I don't understand why you haven't noticed that your line of reasoning is pretty much the consensus already.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #47233 on: April 12, 2014, 02:44:40 am »

My brain has autocorrect when it gets tired. Bad autocorrect.

I wrote this in the rough of my RTD,

"(...) were the only thing keeping his brain from bleeding its way to flavor."

Should have been failure. Apparently my brain went "Oh, well, it's got most of the same letters, must be mostly the same word" and just skipped on its merry way. I think I brain my damage.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #47234 on: April 12, 2014, 04:01:02 am »

If it's a cooking RTD that could be valid...

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 3147 3148 [3149] 3150 3151 ... 11040