Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3133 3134 [3135] 3136 3137 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14457539 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #47010 on: April 07, 2014, 03:10:50 pm »

a woman cannot get pregnant if she does not want it.

While I am aware the chances of getting pregnant from a rape is lower then that or ordinary sex, or so I was told but it makes sense to me, it seems like that has spun into all out myth territory.

As for how a myth like this passes...

Come on... How many sex myths are still in common circulation? How long ago was it since "Men always want it" was genuinely believed? How long ago was it since the idea that "women like sex too" was played for comedic effect?

Frankly this is more offensive then surprising. Not that it annoys me any less that crud like this gets circulated.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #47011 on: April 07, 2014, 05:13:05 pm »

Today I learned that BBQ corn chips go well in ramen. Well, technically a vaguely unholy mix of ramen, mashed potatoes, and shredded pepperoni and cheese, but whatever. It was disturbingly good.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #47012 on: April 07, 2014, 05:43:57 pm »

The only thing I've heard in support of a lower chance of pregnancy in rape is that evidently,

But what I read suggests the impact on that for a chance of becoming pregnant is relatively low compared to other facets of the reproductive process.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #47013 on: April 07, 2014, 06:07:58 pm »

The only thing I've heard in support of a lower chance of pregnancy in rape is that evidently,

But what I read suggests the impact on that for a chance of becoming pregnant is relatively low compared to other facets of the reproductive process.

Incorrect assumption, and a bonus is just that - a bonus.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #47014 on: April 07, 2014, 06:40:32 pm »

On the anatomical stuff and such...I fail to see how any 'bonus' or what even it means in that context exists.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #47015 on: April 07, 2014, 06:56:35 pm »

On the anatomical stuff and such...I fail to see how any 'bonus' or what even it means in that context exists.

It does. That's not questionable. Increasing the conception rates is a pretty clear evolutionary benefit, which is why the mechanism evolved in the first place. Leo covered the mechanics of that.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #47016 on: April 07, 2014, 08:03:56 pm »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #47018 on: April 07, 2014, 08:17:34 pm »

The mechanism itself might have evolved, but, as it is, it seems women only orgasm as an evolutionary fluke.

Could be worse. The way cats cause that to happen is... eurgh.
Yeeeup. Last I ran into decent research on the subject (and, fyi, research into the female orgasm actually has a kinda' fascinating methodological history -- it is more full of fuck than the physical process itself. Much of it was basically bollocks until quite recently, haha!) the female orgasm probably falls roughly into the same evolutionary niche as the male nipple. Literally only there because the other half the species has actual use for it. Benefit to the other gender strictly coincidental, heh. Not to say it's not nice, mind, but the evolutionary pressure for it to exist likely didn't come from the female side of things.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #47019 on: April 07, 2014, 08:39:49 pm »

I just wish to state for the record that most priests are, in fact, pretty cool guys.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47020 on: April 07, 2014, 08:47:15 pm »

Then again, if sleeping with a dude -feels nice-, you'll probably do it more? And hey presto, one of those future times you get knocked up. So there's a bit of evolutionary pressure.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47021 on: April 07, 2014, 08:50:46 pm »

I just wish to state for the record that most priests are, in fact, pretty cool guys.
I think that 1% and the other 1% give the rest a very bad name.

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Well, go on ... parade!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47022 on: April 07, 2014, 10:32:30 pm »

http://www.wxyz.com/news/region/washtenaw-county/police-say-man-high-on-hallucinogenic-mushrooms-ripped-off-part-of-his-own-penis-at-ypsilanti-school

Don't do drugs kids. Don't ever do drugs. Just ... Ouch.

I don't think it's NSFW because it doesn't have any images, but the words in the link above make it pretty much all right there on the label.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47023 on: April 07, 2014, 10:57:16 pm »

Robot Parade Leader's username.
Black lives matter.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47024 on: April 07, 2014, 11:04:33 pm »

What? You've never seen a Robot Parade Leader before? They're all over the place where i live.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."
Pages: 1 ... 3133 3134 [3135] 3136 3137 ... 11040