Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3125 3126 [3127] 3128 3129 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14458215 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #46890 on: April 05, 2014, 01:13:59 pm »

I'm too lazy to make a fake account called "Edgar Allan Poe" and posting "you called?" here.

I wish you did :\
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46891 on: April 05, 2014, 05:16:11 pm »

What's so bad about that? I don't get all the zoophilia hate either...
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #46892 on: April 05, 2014, 05:16:25 pm »

My main beef with zoophilia is that it's non-consensual. If we have animals with human intelligence, I'd be fine with people having sex with them.

Calling Poe.
Nevermore
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46893 on: April 05, 2014, 05:16:59 pm »

What's so bad about that? I don't get all the zoophilia hate either...
Wait, seriously?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46894 on: April 05, 2014, 05:18:36 pm »

Yeah. If you're not hurting the animal, why not?

EDIT: Why was that a fundie quote, anyway?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #46895 on: April 05, 2014, 05:19:09 pm »

Something about animals not being able to consent, which always struck me as a bit odd because it implies that rape is the principal form of reproduction among animals.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46896 on: April 05, 2014, 05:20:24 pm »

http://www.fstdt.com/QuoteComment.aspx?QID=100368

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Since when did the comments of fstdt get so... awful? I remember they were just people thinking the poster was the one who came up with the post rather than just reporting on it; but in this one there's someone ranting about vegan propaganda. Since why?

My main beef with zoophilia is that it's non-consensual. If we have animals with human intelligence, I'd be fine with people having sex with them.
Sex is worse than killing.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46897 on: April 05, 2014, 05:21:38 pm »

Well, I'm not too well-informed on the practical side of the matter, but if a dog can hump your leg voluntarily, why not your privates? Invoking lack of consent as an argument against all bestiality is just as dishonest as invoking animal welfare concerns.
The Bay12 postcard club

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #46898 on: April 05, 2014, 05:24:07 pm »

Well, I'm not too well-informed on the practical side of the matter, but if a dog can hump your leg voluntarily, why not your privates? Invoking lack of consent as an argument against all bestiality is just as dishonest as invoking animal welfare concerns.
I dunno, but then I'm not the best person to ask.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46899 on: April 05, 2014, 05:27:58 pm »

I'm honestly not sure if someone who actually owned a dog could possibly take the position that they can consent. When you institute yourself as their leader they will do a lot of things "voluntarily" but it's a relationship where you have all the power over them. To almost a scary degree. That, combined with them having a intelligence that is like a retarded childs, makes sex just going too far.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46900 on: April 05, 2014, 05:31:17 pm »

I'm honestly not sure if someone who actually owned a dog could possibly take the position that they can consent. When you institute yourself as their leader they will do a lot of things "voluntarily" but it's a relationship where you have all the power over them. To almost a scary degree. That, combined with them having a intelligence that is like a retarded childs, makes sex just going too far.
In that case shouldn't it be illegal to make non-human animals do anything? Since you're taking advantage of their lack of understanding and critical thought skills. It's most definitely comparable to slavery.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46901 on: April 05, 2014, 05:36:53 pm »

Yeah. It is slavery. My dog is enslaved and does stuff for my amusement. I literally am a person who gets amusements from my slaves. Take that quote bay12.

That's why I worded it as "sex is too far." Ultimately most of what I do for my dog is for his own good. And none of it has the weight in modern society that sex does. I could honestly see people having sex with animals without moral issues in a society where sex is on the level of interact as a handshake. But since that's not the case sex is a far step above everything I make my dog do.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46902 on: April 05, 2014, 05:38:56 pm »

Basically, the animal has no real way of saying 'Yes, I want to have sex with you, you weird hairless two-legged ape' or 'No, I do not want to have sex with you, you weird hairless two-legged ape', and thus it is assumed that the animal is non-consenting.
What about attacking, running away, etc? A dog can certainly signal 'I want to go outside' or 'I do not want a bath'.
The Bay12 postcard club

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46903 on: April 05, 2014, 05:39:11 pm »

The lines are fuzzy ass things
I would disagree with that. It's more like a very solid line with one outlier. On just about every front non-human animals are tools or toys that so long as you aren't causing excessive physical harm or neglect of physical needs (food, water, all that) you can do whatever you want with. Including kill them. But then as soon as sex with animals is brought up they have to be able to consent.

EDIT:
And none of it has the weight in modern society that sex does. I could honestly see people having sex with animals without moral issues in a society where sex is on the level of interact as a handshake
And yet by putting sex on a separate moral level, you are perpetuating the idea that it is a big deal.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 05:41:59 pm by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46904 on: April 05, 2014, 05:43:04 pm »

What about attacking, running away, etc? A dog can certainly signal 'I want to go outside' or 'I do not want a bath'.
My dogs never attacked or ran away from me. Even when I do things he clearly doesn't like like give him a bath or force him to get out of my spot on the bed.

On just about every front non-human animals are tools or toys that so long as you aren't causing excessive physical harm or neglect of physical needs (food, water, all that) you can do whatever you want with. Including kill them. But then as soon as sex with animals is brought up they have to be able to consent.
Yeah. Not everyone believes this to actually be the case.
Pages: 1 ... 3125 3126 [3127] 3128 3129 ... 11040