Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3123 3124 [3125] 3126 3127 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14456595 times)

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #46860 on: April 04, 2014, 09:31:11 pm »

Who's this PDP?

Letsplayer. His main gimmick when he started out is that he was all shock humor.

I HEAR he got better recently... but frankly there are only a few letsplayers I actually enjoy.

Basically the best way to describe PDP is he is what would happen if Fred was Rated R and did Letsplays. Except with none of the subtle social commentary.
Fred has subtle social commentary?

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46861 on: April 04, 2014, 09:31:49 pm »

Today, my computer has taken up the habit of not loading the desktop. It gets to where the desktop should be, but it's just a solid black background, no icons, and no start menu. Another unrelated window pops up like it normally does, but the desktop itself is just not there. I can ctrl+alt+del and restart, then everything comes back. After some searching, I still haven't the slightest idea why this is happening. It's becoming concerning. I really can't afford a new computer. Anyone else had a similar problem? I'm running windows 7.
Certainly a software issue, so a new computer is absolutely unnecessary.

Your last resort would be a reformat, which isn't the end of the world.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #46862 on: April 04, 2014, 09:59:13 pm »

Today, my computer has taken up the habit of not loading the desktop. It gets to where the desktop should be, but it's just a solid black background, no icons, and no start menu. Another unrelated window pops up like it normally does, but the desktop itself is just not there. I can ctrl+alt+del and restart, then everything comes back. After some searching, I still haven't the slightest idea why this is happening. It's becoming concerning. I really can't afford a new computer. Anyone else had a similar problem? I'm running windows 7.

Except for all a dwarf fortresses on the drive...
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46863 on: April 04, 2014, 10:04:18 pm »

Except for all a dwarf fortresses on the drive...
Dropbox is your friend.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #46864 on: April 04, 2014, 10:10:35 pm »

explorer.exe is not loading on startup, perhaps?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46866 on: April 04, 2014, 10:31:34 pm »

Is it America from Axis Power Hetalia imagined as a mochi? Apparently someone had a weird dream.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46867 on: April 04, 2014, 10:34:34 pm »

Is it America from Axis Power Hetalia imagined as a mochi? Apparently someone had a weird dream.

Couldn't be worse then the Hetalia movie...

Which was such a giant "missed the point" mixed in with disappointment.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46868 on: April 04, 2014, 10:38:47 pm »

EVERY single time I compete in a cyber defense competition I somehow manage to kill explore.exe on startup.  I can't tell you how to fix it permanently, but to get it working go to task manager, click on show all processes, and then start explore.exe from there.   
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46870 on: April 04, 2014, 10:52:47 pm »

I've been having the same problem intermittently. No idea why. Although I did have to replace the tape on my netbook today since the old layer fell off.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #46871 on: April 04, 2014, 10:57:18 pm »

This is my second visit to the hospital for my nonstop fever, and just like last time, I feel remarkably better than when I was home.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46872 on: April 04, 2014, 11:02:38 pm »

Ohh gawd!

I was reminded of Carrie Underwood in The Sound of Music

Don't get me wrong she could sing, I can't think of anyone who could have sang better then she did.

but man OHH MAN! could she not act.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #46873 on: April 04, 2014, 11:12:37 pm »

EVERY single time I compete in a cyber defense competition I somehow manage to kill explore.exe on startup.  I can't tell you how to fix it permanently, but to get it working go to task manager, click on show all processes, and then start explore.exe from there.   
You could put a .bat file in the Startup folder that says "start explorer.exe". I'm 90% sure that would work.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #46874 on: April 05, 2014, 12:22:16 am »

THE KITCHENS ARE BACK
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 3123 3124 [3125] 3126 3127 ... 11040