Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3098 3099 [3100] 3101 3102 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14456536 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #46485 on: March 28, 2014, 03:03:47 pm »

That might work, but then she might forget the wrap.

Can apply for your castle staff?

Can you run fast? Janet has been complaining about how boring plinking at stationary targets at the range here is.
Not too fast, but I can zigzag pretty well.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #46486 on: March 28, 2014, 03:26:30 pm »

-snip-
Haspen?
Haspen?!
O_o
what is this

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #46487 on: March 28, 2014, 03:35:46 pm »

Why cheese on everything?
*vague shrug* Don't question me as to why cheese tastes good on nearly everything. I've got nothing substantial to do with the fact that cheese is one of the foods of the gods. CWHW stands self-evident. It's frankly telling I only had to swap one letter to get that jest to fit. Even Abraham knew that cheese is like unto YWHW, and he didn't even use an alphabet that it fits well in. I'm guessing, anyway, since I don't exactly know hebrew or whatev'.

Seriously though, cheese popcorn is solid, plain popcorn with cheese melted over it is quite decent, plain popcorn with cheese powders of varying sorts applied is also pretty alright.

There's a short list of foods that don't go well with cheese, and an many-times-exponentially-larger list of foods that do. Cheese is great.

And to be fair, it's not cheese on everything. Just almost everything. Everything cheese improves, which is nearly everything edible and some things that aren't.

E: What I'm saying, is that when the Grecians spoke of the Ambrosia of Olympus, they were talking about a fine cup of melted Gouda. Deal with it :P
And if one kind of cheese doesn't work with something? Try a different kind. I'll second the food-of-the-gods sentiment.

I must be a heathen then, for the food of the gods turns to brimstone and thunder in my body. :(

Although, I've had good results with drinking filmjölk with, or shortly after eating dairy. Seems to counteract the lactose-intolerance pretty well. Which is just kinda WTF on its own -- I'm dealing with an inability to digest milk, by drinking fermented milk.  ???

That might work, but then she might forget the wrap.

Can apply for your castle staff?

Can you run fast? Janet has been complaining about how boring plinking at stationary targets at the range here is.
Not too fast, but I can zigzag pretty well.
Relevant on multiple levels.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #46488 on: March 28, 2014, 03:52:06 pm »

It makes sense. Fermentation works on feeding bacteria (or yeasts) substance A and receiving substance B as a byproduct of them processing what they ate. In this case, you're putting in bacteria that feed on lactose, so they eat it up so you don't have to.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #46489 on: March 28, 2014, 04:23:25 pm »

It makes sense. Fermentation works on feeding bacteria (or yeasts) substance A and receiving substance B as a byproduct of them processing what they ate. In this case, you're putting in bacteria that feed on lactose, so they eat it up so you don't have to.
Yeah, but the general issue of lactose-intolerance is caused precisely by bacteria eating all the lactose (substance A) and producing hydrogen, carbon dioxide, methane and pure hate (substances B-E).

I guess maybe these bacteria reside higher up in the digestive tract? So they eat it up and produce lactic acid and rainbows and fluffy kittens, depriving their evil brethren down the pipe?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #46490 on: March 28, 2014, 04:48:10 pm »

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #46491 on: March 28, 2014, 04:52:26 pm »

If they wanted Morgan Freeman to play Dumbledore they would have gotten him.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46492 on: March 28, 2014, 06:04:54 pm »

Oh come on, it was gandalf who said that.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46493 on: March 28, 2014, 06:16:29 pm »

Yeah, but the general issue of lactose-intolerance is caused precisely by bacteria eating all the lactose (substance A) and producing hydrogen, carbon dioxide, methane and pure hate (substances B-E).

I guess maybe these bacteria reside higher up in the digestive tract? So they eat it up and produce lactic acid and rainbows and fluffy kittens, depriving their evil brethren down the pipe?
Actually, lactose intolerance, as far as I know, is caused by the inability of the body of an adult or child to produce the enzyme lactase, which is required for lactose breakdown.  Lactose TOLERANCE is actually a genetic mutation, seen in the genetics of the world's herding cultures.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46494 on: March 28, 2014, 06:37:29 pm »

Actually, it depends. Large dieoffs of gut flora can in fact be very bad for you. There is an honest-to-god faeces transplant operation some people have been given in order to repopulate their intestines.

Quote from: wikipedia gut flora
Though people can survive without gut flora, the microorganisms perform a host of useful functions, such as fermenting unused energy substrates, training the immune system, preventing growth of harmful, pathogenic bacteria, regulating the development of the gut, producing vitamins for the host, such as biotin and vitamin K, and producing hormones to direct the host to store fats. However, in certain conditions, some species are thought to be capable of causing disease by producing infection or increasing cancer risk for the host.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46495 on: March 28, 2014, 06:39:29 pm »

Wow, everything causes cancer.   We need an advisory.

Living:  May cause cancer.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46497 on: March 28, 2014, 06:42:53 pm »

Whoops, wrong thread.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 06:44:42 pm by Helgoland »
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46498 on: March 28, 2014, 06:46:17 pm »

http://www.anorak.co.uk/288298/scare-stories/the-daily-mails-list-of-things-that-give-you-cancer-from-a-to-z.html/
There are some disturbing things on that list.  And I don't mean like "holy shit I could die from that" disturbing, I mean...
This
That's one of the links from the main page that was linked to

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46499 on: March 28, 2014, 06:47:22 pm »

The sheer amount of people who did have sex with animals is the most disturbing part.
Pages: 1 ... 3098 3099 [3100] 3101 3102 ... 11040