Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3073 3074 [3075] 3076 3077 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14460773 times)

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #46110 on: March 22, 2014, 01:09:08 pm »

Because it's a damn useful move. Believe me, I've been doing a 'no-flying' run of Y, and it's kind of annoying to have to trudge from one end of the map to the other.

My point was that, moves like Cut and Surf are like that so you don't get stuck. But Fly and Flash (or flash at least in the first few gens) aren't necessary, they're just handy-dandy notebooks auxiliary moves.

Nonetheless, I see why the Battle Box is handy-- most of the HM moves are horrific to try to use in battle, or at least competitively.
If one flew to an island town and had no money or pokeballs or trainers to battle, then forgetting Fly would get you stuck forever.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #46111 on: March 22, 2014, 01:30:39 pm »

Which only applies in I, II, and III. And... IV. Maybe V during B2W2. Either way, it was a bad thing to keep in island-less Kalos.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #46112 on: March 22, 2014, 01:48:31 pm »

Simply the simple-to-understand nature: Someone might get confused by the differing rules for different gens. Silly? Perhaps. But so is flying to an island then forgetting Fly.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46113 on: March 22, 2014, 01:52:18 pm »

Well you usually need surf to get to islands, so chances are you can just up and leave the normal way.

That being said there's nothing keeping you from releasing your surfer and never picking up a fishing rod that would allow you to catch a new one.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #46114 on: March 22, 2014, 02:01:27 pm »

... though there's stuff beyond what can be fished up that can surf. Fair amount, actually, some of them fairly common in their games. Not sure how aggron surfs, though. I guess propellers...
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 02:03:42 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #46115 on: March 22, 2014, 02:32:09 pm »

For some weird reason, Garchomp learns surf, too.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #46116 on: March 22, 2014, 02:38:19 pm »

So, a movie came out yesterday.

Present-day college freshman and devout Christian, Josh Wheaton, finds his faith challenged on his first day of Philosophy class by the dogmatic and argumentative Professor Radisson. Radisson begins class by informing students that they will need to disavow, in writing, the existence of God on that first day, or face a failing grade...The film also includes cameos by Christian pop rock band Newsboys, and Willie Robertson and Korie Robertson from the television series Duck Dynasty.

Who thought bringing the Albert Einstein copypasta to the big screen was a good idea? Ah well, in a few years somebody will come out with a parody version where an eagle named Small Government shits on the professor's head.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46117 on: March 22, 2014, 03:01:01 pm »

So, a movie came out yesterday.

Present-day college freshman and devout Christian, Josh Wheaton, finds his faith challenged on his first day of Philosophy class by the dogmatic and argumentative Professor Radisson. Radisson begins class by informing students that they will need to disavow, in writing, the existence of God on that first day, or face a failing grade...The film also includes cameos by Christian pop rock band Newsboys, and Willie Robertson and Korie Robertson from the television series Duck Dynasty.

Who thought bringing the Albert Einstein copypasta to the big screen was a good idea? Ah well, in a few years somebody will come out with a parody version where an eagle named Small Government shits on the professor's head.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46119 on: March 22, 2014, 05:19:21 pm »

Went to go clean the trash off of my front yard. I live next to a busy road, so lots of crap gets thrown out of cars.

Nothing too odd; some paper coffee cups, some newspapers, and someone lost their earmuffs.

But then I found used baby wipes. Covered in exactly what you think they are covered in.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46120 on: March 22, 2014, 05:20:38 pm »

Babies?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46121 on: March 22, 2014, 05:22:15 pm »

Babies?

Yes. It's a pain in the ass, wiping baby bits off of your lawn.

E: Accidentally posted early. The wipes were disgusting. Who just goes and throws literal shitty wipes out of their car?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 05:32:52 pm by BlackFlyme »

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46122 on: March 22, 2014, 05:33:32 pm »

Babies?

Yes. It's a pain in the ass, wiping baby bits off of your lawn.

E: Accidentally posted early. The wipes were disgusting. Who just goes and throws literal shitty wipes out of their car?
Shitty people.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46123 on: March 22, 2014, 07:23:57 pm »

Makes sense.

Shitty people, shitty babies, shitty wipes.

I dread to imagine what my kids would be like. Or their wipes.

Just don't flush their wipes down the toilet. Even the ones labelled as 'flushable' don't break down properly, and actually aren't all that flushable.

That shit will clog your drains.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #46124 on: March 22, 2014, 07:49:59 pm »

Welp
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 3073 3074 [3075] 3076 3077 ... 11040