Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3070 3071 [3072] 3073 3074 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14463658 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #46065 on: March 21, 2014, 11:18:14 pm »

My WTF: Saw myself in the bathroom mirror. Either the shirt, the lighting, or the mirror is making me look insanely muscular. Hint: I'm not.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #46066 on: March 21, 2014, 11:20:31 pm »

Wow, impressive. I've only known about 1 woman who ever managed to look 10 years younger the she actually was (and later 20 years younger then she actually was... It was like the laws of the universe were against her looking older then 30. and her kids also have that trait with her son looking like a early teen in his twenties)
Twenty years? How!?

I must know!
Fountain of youth, virgin blood, etc.
That's how you get started, yeah. Eventually it stops working and you need more potent ingredients or more potent forms of those ingredients. I mean, I know a guy who replaced the blood of virgin humans with the blood of virgin starspawn. Now he looks about three hundred years younger than he really is.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #46067 on: March 21, 2014, 11:24:56 pm »

There's actually some disadvantages to looking younger than you are by a large margin. I would help my daughter out at her school a lot, and sometimes a random new staff member or inattentive kids would think I was actually a student. Just tall.

I remember one time a teacher started chewing me out for never going to class. In the middle of a sale thing. That was... Awkward.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #46068 on: March 21, 2014, 11:26:51 pm »

Wow, impressive. I've only known about 1 woman who ever managed to look 10 years younger the she actually was (and later 20 years younger then she actually was... It was like the laws of the universe were against her looking older then 30. and her kids also have that trait with her son looking like a early teen in his twenties)
Twenty years? How!?

I must know!
That's how you get started, yeah. Eventually it stops working and you need more potent ingredients or more potent forms of those ingredients. I mean, I know a guy who replaced the blood of virgin humans with the blood of virgin starspawn. Now he looks about three hundred years younger than he really is.
Oh wow, can you remember everything else he did? *takes notes*

Personally I always look older then I am. I've been addressed as "Sir" since 14.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #46069 on: March 21, 2014, 11:28:53 pm »

/r/nataliapoklonskaya
That's, um. Well, it's a thing. I don't know what to think of this fandom, although I find it a bit creepy.

This gif is probably the best content on there. Well, that and the space marine fanart.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46070 on: March 21, 2014, 11:40:22 pm »

I'm gonna jump on the "this whole thing is creepy" boat.

She's kinda cute I guess? Honestly I see better looking women nearly every day (every day if you count my wife, but I excluded her due to obvious bias). Also blond hair and blue eyes are one of my general turnoffs.

Anyway, regardless of her attractiveness, she should really be judged by her merits at her position. To do otherwise has unfortunate implications.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #46071 on: March 21, 2014, 11:42:20 pm »

Also blond hair and blue eyes are one of my general turnoffs.
Speaking of creepy people :P

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46072 on: March 21, 2014, 11:43:05 pm »

I meant that in a general physical attractiveness sense, not a purely sexual one :P
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #46073 on: March 21, 2014, 11:44:24 pm »

Wait, how is that two different things?

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46074 on: March 21, 2014, 11:46:31 pm »

You can find someone attractive without wanting to bone them.

Conversely you can find someone unattractive without thinking "wow I'd hate to have sex with that person."

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46075 on: March 21, 2014, 11:47:15 pm »

I'm gonna jump on the "this whole thing is creepy" boat.

She's kinda cute I guess? Honestly I see better looking women nearly every day (every day if you count my wife, but I excluded her due to obvious bias). Also blond hair and blue eyes are one of my general turnoffs.

Anyway, regardless of her attractiveness, she should really be judged by her merits at her position. To do otherwise has unfortunate implications.
Agreed. I don't hold with rating people on their looks; it was just that the age discrepancy was so stark it took me by surprise.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #46076 on: March 21, 2014, 11:48:51 pm »

Yeah, I'm on board with this is a creepy fandom thing. Not to mention how weird it is to focus on her appearance.

>Person is a significant government official
>Everyone talks about how pretty she is
>Nothing about policy, history, qualifications, future plans, other relevant things
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #46077 on: March 21, 2014, 11:50:42 pm »

Well, it's a fandom about how cute she is, so talking about policy, history, qualifications, future plans, or other things wouldn't really be relevant.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #46078 on: March 21, 2014, 11:51:43 pm »

Twenty years? How!?

I must know!
Oh wow, can you remember everything else he did? *takes notes*

Personally I always look older then I am. I've been addressed as "Sir" since 14.
I recommend the blood of kings if you can.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #46079 on: March 21, 2014, 11:53:29 pm »

Well, it's a fandom about how cute she is, so talking about policy, history, qualifications, future plans, or other things wouldn't really be relevant.
Yes, that's a thing that bugs me.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 3070 3071 [3072] 3073 3074 ... 11040