Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2940 2941 [2942] 2943 2944 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14440095 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #44115 on: February 14, 2014, 03:02:02 am »

... why argue about baking cookies? Just have everyone with different opinions bake their own batch. Then there's no need to argue, everyone has cookies.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #44116 on: February 14, 2014, 03:13:23 am »

Because one person's a chef and arguments about technique.
Goddammit people this is why I don't do homework upstairs.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44117 on: February 14, 2014, 08:43:52 am »

I'm sitting and watching as several people in my house have vigirous arguments about how to bake cookies at after midnight.
When else would you bake cookies?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44118 on: February 14, 2014, 09:20:21 am »

I almost think I'm on the verge of snapping and throttling my roommate in a fit of passive-aggressive pique, and over the silliest little things. Guy is constantly sniffing, snorting, gulping, heavy-breathing, shaking up bottles of water, stomping around in the wee hours of the morning, stuff like that. It's almost like it's calculated to drive me crazy, and the only thing saving me is a pair of noise-cancelling headphones. Absolutely bizarre; it's as if he's never lived around people and doesn't understand how--a feasible possibility, though, given what I know of him. It's taking a not-insignificant portion of my self-control to not retaliate and keep being quiet when I'm awake after or before him. I don't like being passive-aggressive. :x

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44119 on: February 14, 2014, 09:30:39 am »

Start chewing on some crushed ice to annoy him.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #44120 on: February 14, 2014, 09:33:07 am »

That's just childish.

You should pee on him during his sleep.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44121 on: February 14, 2014, 09:47:27 am »

Maybe you should talk to him about it.

You can express annoyance and discontentment with someone's actions without attacking them.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44122 on: February 14, 2014, 10:05:26 am »

I, and our suitemates, have already been down this road with other habits of his, like the whole "spitting in the shower" thing. Frankly it's easier to just listen to music constantly than have a talk with him about every one of these (admittedly minor) annoyances. Maybe I'm being overly sensitive, IDK; nobody I've roomed with before was like this, but none of them were exactly normal either. Point, though, is that it's in here rather than the rage thread because I'm less angry and more baffled that someone could get to this point in life without understanding that living in close proximity to other people is different from living alone. :|

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #44123 on: February 14, 2014, 10:15:48 am »

Look on the bright side, at least he's not a hyper-prideful chauvinist racist addict redneck who alternates between wanting to fight you and loudly practicing guitar every day.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44124 on: February 14, 2014, 10:17:27 am »

* kaijyuu acts pretty much the same way, with people or without people.

Though I don't play my music through speakers anymore, even though I have the capacity to. Maybe I actually have learned that lesson :P

"spitting in the shower"
Curious; what's wrong with this? Unless he's spitting chewing tobacco or something.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #44125 on: February 14, 2014, 10:20:43 am »

"spitting in the shower"
Bah. How else am I supposed to brush my teeth? :P
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44126 on: February 14, 2014, 10:25:18 am »

Snow, so much, started shoveling around my house 3 hours ago. still not done.   
Cleared the porch, knock off around 6 ft by 6 ft section of snow on roof.... porch has more then twice the snow before I cleared it the first time.  Still got way more roof to do.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #44127 on: February 14, 2014, 10:41:29 am »

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #44128 on: February 14, 2014, 10:59:09 am »

One of the exchange students at my school is apparently the Exchange Student From Beyond Space And Time. His name is pronounced 'Malay', but he spells it M`leh.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #44129 on: February 14, 2014, 11:05:20 am »

One of the exchange students at my school is apparently the Exchange Student From Beyond Space And Time. His name is pronounced 'Malay', but he spells it M`leh.
Ah, a cousin.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 2940 2941 [2942] 2943 2944 ... 11040