Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2914 2915 [2916] 2917 2918 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14433740 times)

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #43725 on: February 04, 2014, 04:13:50 pm »

So we eat at the table together because we feel fuller when we do this and this saves food?

Wow, society. You sure are smart! :)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43726 on: February 04, 2014, 04:18:03 pm »

This is a lot of conversation about potatoes.

I know that the potatoes are about the same size, because we still have a half-full, several year old bag of potatoes, and even though they aren't exactly what you would call fresh, they are roughly the same size as the ones I've peeled earlier.

We never talked much at the table, even with six people. The only noises were and still are my mom's boyfriend burping, farting, and generally making any noise/rude comment he could to annoy us.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #43727 on: February 04, 2014, 04:39:19 pm »

Latvia sad. No potatoes for poor Latvia :c

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43728 on: February 04, 2014, 05:01:02 pm »

I don't know about you but mashed skins-on potatoes are delicious...
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43729 on: February 04, 2014, 05:15:25 pm »

So my foot is doing this thing where it hurts like it's asleep, but it's not doing the pins and needles thing when your foot falls asleep.  I've taken off my shoe/sock and made sure my foot is all still rosy and getting blood, but the irritation isn't subsiding.  It only started when I got to work, and it's been fine before now.  It's been about an hour since this started.

I think my foot hates work or something.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43730 on: February 04, 2014, 05:25:23 pm »

If it keeps happening, see a doctor. Consistent pains like that can be a sign of something serious.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #43731 on: February 04, 2014, 05:35:33 pm »

Yeah it's possible that it's diabeetus related, get a checkup and ask the doc about it.

EDIT:

I know that the potatoes are about the same size, because we still have a half-full, several year old bag of potatoes, and even though they aren't exactly what you would call fresh, they are roughly the same size as the ones I've peeled earlier.

We never talked much at the table, even with six people. The only noises were and still are my mom's boyfriend burping, farting, and generally making any noise/rude comment he could to annoy us.
I find that potatoes start getting moldy and/or grow roots (at which point they can possibly contain harmful stuff) after a month or two at best. How do you get your potatoes to last so long?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 05:37:21 pm by LeoLeonardoIII »
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #43732 on: February 04, 2014, 05:39:47 pm »

Oh god no. Potato skins are not just plain non-edible man.

Crazy stuff dude.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #43733 on: February 04, 2014, 05:41:17 pm »

Say that after I lay a plate of potato skins in front of you that are sizzled, spiced, and covered in cheeses and bits of meat.

Although that's kinda cheating since what you're eating is only about half potato.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43734 on: February 04, 2014, 05:42:32 pm »

EDIT:
I find that potatoes start getting moldy and/or grow roots (at which point they can possibly contain harmful stuff) after a month or two at best. How do you get your potatoes to last so long?

We have a bit of a problem with not throwing out food. The potatoes are definitely inedible, and felt like they were mush in my hand because they were so soft. It's probably just the skin holding them together at this point.

There's also several frozen bags of fish in the freezer that we only kept because they are firmly stuck to the inside of the freezer. I honestly don't even remember how old they are. Plus the expired meat that I mentioned a few weeks ago is still in there.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #43735 on: February 04, 2014, 05:45:50 pm »

I can't imagine how people eat expired food without dying. But then again people ate expired food all the time throughout history and we're still here. Also what is cheese but expired milk, and what is tofu but expired soy? I'd drink a shot of expired corn slurry to that!
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #43736 on: February 04, 2014, 05:47:02 pm »

That's not actually what tofu is >_>

Soy milk doesn't curdle the same way that milk does since it has no fat in it. Its coagulation is induced by heating it and adding a coagulant such as gypsum powder, and can be done freshly squeezed. No bacteria involved.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 06:02:15 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43737 on: February 04, 2014, 05:50:05 pm »

We don't eat expired foods. It's just that the basement fridge never gets cleaned out. No idea how the potatoes managed to sit under the sink that long without being noticed though.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #43738 on: February 04, 2014, 05:54:48 pm »

Oh god no. Potato skins are not just plain non-edible man.
You know not of what you speak. The skin's the best part. Potatoes are meant to be cleaned, not skinned. Maybe cut up, if it's for fries or soup or whatev'. But the skin stays.

... actually, wait, you're right. The skins aren't non-edible. They are plainly edible, haha! Canny semantics, I guess...

Anyway. Baked potatoes are a finger food. Clean it, bake it, cut it in half, season to taste, eat. To hell with your forks and your spoons and sporks. Take that blighter by hand and consume.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43739 on: February 04, 2014, 05:56:49 pm »

I can't imagine how people eat expired food without dying. But then again people ate expired food all the time throughout history and we're still here. Also what is cheese but expired milk, and what is tofu but expired soy? I'd drink a shot of expired corn slurry to that!
'Expired' is such a vague term.
I just ate a bag of jelly babies that are >2 years out of date and they were not noticeably different from normal.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 2914 2915 [2916] 2917 2918 ... 11039