Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2909 2910 [2911] 2912 2913 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14440964 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #43650 on: February 02, 2014, 10:46:12 am »

Equally weird things have happened in the US. Ever heard of the Governator?
Don't forget Jesse Ventura, too. Government office + Feather boas = Minnesota.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43651 on: February 02, 2014, 10:51:14 am »

I'm still holding out hope for Seagal 2014.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #43652 on: February 02, 2014, 10:58:55 am »

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43653 on: February 02, 2014, 12:21:24 pm »

Vote Prezinator 2016

I seriously do not know if that is another fake news story or not...

I want to believe it is an actual news story because I for one would have a big laugh if Arnold got into the ballot :P

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43654 on: February 02, 2014, 12:21:48 pm »

I was trying to find an adapter to allow me to plug something that normally goes into a car's cigarette lighter - a small air compressor - into a wall outlet. Finally found one at RadioShack... for $61. The air compressor was $12. Honestly, I expected an adapter to be cheaper than the device I intend to use it for. I also found a plug to recharge an old portable DVD player I've had for a while that I've never been able to use, in the $15-$20 range(expected cost was ~$5).

The only thing close to what I was looking for that was even close to being reasonably priced(unless I have terrible business sense) was a piece that hooks into a car's power system(defeating the whole point), which I could have used to build what I needed. That is, if I was willing fry some electronics/myself, and wasn't already smart enough to know that Cataclysm-style electronics crafting doesn't really work in real life. Plus, I don't think I have enough cocaine to substitute the skill knowledge for the job.

Vote Prezinator 2016
...One more step towards making Demolition Man accually happen. Thankfully, the idea of a cryoprison is such a civil rights clusterfuck that it won't ever happen.

Question: Aren't the early(at least) Touhou games free? Trying to download Perfect Cherry Blossom, a Google search gives me several links to pirate sites, plus showing at least one result removed due to DMCA complaint.
No. Free touhou games are limited to fangames, afaik.
I could have sworn the place I downloaded Embodiement of Scarlet Devil looked legit. Plus, I downloaded it on a library computer, which usually filters that kind of thing out. Heck, just looking for a site for PCB pointed immediately to the pirate stuff.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43655 on: February 02, 2014, 12:24:05 pm »

I was trying to find an adapter to allow me to plug something that normally goes into a car's cigarette lighter - a small air compressor - into a wall outlet. Finally found one at RadioShack... for $61. The air compressor was $12. Honestly, I expected an adapter to be cheaper than the device I intend to use it for. I also found a plug to recharge an old portable DVD player I've had for a while that I've never been able to use, in the $15-$20 range(expected cost was ~$5).

Try this?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43656 on: February 02, 2014, 12:28:15 pm »

Try this?
Other way around.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #43657 on: February 02, 2014, 12:44:07 pm »

I've lost a lot of respect for my roommate recently, and this makes me sad, because he's otherwise a great guy. Basically, he's dating a new girl, who is a bit of a...free spirit, shall we say, and they've been together about a week and a half. I've even played a round of strip poker with them.

They have a lot of sex, and I happen to know a bit more than I maybe ought to about their sex life because they're quite open about it and give no fucks. She can't take an IUD or the pill because they would really, really mess up her reproductive system. OK, but that's not the end of the world. The problem is that, as she says, "condoms really turn me off," so they don't use them all the time (????). When I asked them if they, perchance, had a backup plan, she said, "Oh, I play soccer a lot and I don't take very many precautions so I'll probably just end up miscarrying..." Call me misogynistic, call me a reactionary, but playing rough soccer is not a birth control plan and damn well she ought to know it. It should be noted that we're in Oklahoma, which is a very conservative state where even a first-trimester abortion is a difficult and harrowing procedure.

But there's a catch here. She has never missed a period in her life (so she says), but hasn't had one for two months now. So, she's pregnant, but it's not my roommate's baby because they've only known each other a couple of weeks. It's her ex's baby, and this baby was conceived when said ex got very drunk, drunk-raped her, then passed out on her. So we also have a rape baby in the mix, and my roommate is totally unconcerned about all this because he knows she's not going to keep the baby.

I've told them they're being stupid and irresponsible. She certainly shouldn't have to keep the rape baby, but aborting it via soccer game makes my skin crawl.

Blagh.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43658 on: February 02, 2014, 12:48:54 pm »

-snip-

Please tell me you are joking. Please.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #43659 on: February 02, 2014, 12:49:25 pm »

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #43660 on: February 02, 2014, 12:51:59 pm »

On a side note, I'm pretty sure there's a significant health risk with such improvised birth control.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #43661 on: February 02, 2014, 01:15:49 pm »

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #43662 on: February 02, 2014, 01:16:34 pm »

I'm a strict pro-lifer, so abortion in general makes my skin crawl, but that... Wow. Just... Wow. How can someone be that heartless? Even abortion by spinal-cord-cutting is better than that. I should not have read about that before lunch.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43663 on: February 02, 2014, 01:26:45 pm »

Blagh.
That is all kinds of fucked up. :-/
I can see how that would be a horribly uncomfortable situation for you, too.

Dammit, now I'm imagining some sort of satire about David Beckham moonlighting as an abortionist...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #43664 on: February 02, 2014, 01:35:38 pm »

On a side note, I'm pretty sure there's a significant health risk with such improvised birth control.
After hearing that story if that lady wanted me to kick her in the uterus I'd totally oblige.
Pages: 1 ... 2909 2910 [2911] 2912 2913 ... 11040