Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2903 2904 [2905] 2906 2907 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14433394 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #43560 on: January 30, 2014, 08:08:14 am »

THere's a big upside to that plan - they can move to Germany and revive our Jewish heritage! Pre-1933 Germany had the biggest Jewish community in all of Europe. Sadly that no longer is so...
Really? Not Poland?

Yep, Poland, with 3 million, 9,5% of the population, followed by Soviet Union, if we're talking of all of Europe. In 1933, Germany had 500 000 Jews, 0,75% of population.

Source.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43561 on: January 30, 2014, 10:35:33 am »

I, in a fit of brilliance a few months ago, bolted down some components with the wrong loctite and I've yet to figure out how to remove them.

I must now pray to Jesus. I shall taunt him. And the bolts, being naughty in my sight, shall thusly be freed.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43562 on: January 30, 2014, 10:36:33 am »

Had the strangest dream and now I'm just WTFing constantly.

Doing normal dream thing... Eating bacon, drinking soda, aaaand having a cat for an uncle. THAT'S NOT THE STRANGE PART.

Learn that my cat uncle is going out of town for the weekend and the next 'morning' I wake up and go put on a sailor moon outfit and DREAM ME doesn't question it.

Goddamnit brain!

No! Bad brain!

* Iceblaster swears this happened and is not shitting you

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43563 on: January 30, 2014, 11:07:26 am »

Had the strangest dream and now I'm just WTFing constantly.

Doing normal dream thing... Eating bacon, drinking soda, aaaand having a cat for an uncle. THAT'S NOT THE STRANGE PART.

Learn that my cat uncle is going out of town for the weekend and the next 'morning' I wake up and go put on a sailor moon outfit and DREAM ME doesn't question it.

Goddamnit brain!

No! Bad brain!

* Iceblaster swears this happened and is not shitting you

Hm? Where is the WTF.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43564 on: January 30, 2014, 11:11:50 am »

* LordSlowpoke rubs hands together

yes~

the arcane powers are rubbing off onto you just as expected. ♫♪abandon your notions of normalcy and become a magical girl~♫♪

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43565 on: January 30, 2014, 11:55:25 am »

Can... Can I be a magical girl, senpai~? o3o
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43566 on: January 30, 2014, 12:11:47 pm »

The marking system for my computer course has a poor 'anti-cheating' system. Everyone got a mark of zero and a plagiarism warning because we all had the same answers.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43567 on: January 30, 2014, 12:16:54 pm »

That's... amazing.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43568 on: January 30, 2014, 12:16:55 pm »

The marking system for my computer course has a poor 'anti-cheating' system. Everyone got a mark of zero and a plagiarism warning because we all had the same answers.

What?

That's seriously all I can say...

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43569 on: January 30, 2014, 12:19:47 pm »

Maybe if this only applied to, like, essay questions or something... Do you now what marking system is used?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43570 on: January 30, 2014, 12:28:36 pm »

Maybe if this only applied to, like, essay questions or something... Do you now what marking system is used?

No idea. It's some third party online work program that the school uses. And we aren't doing any essay type stuff, we're just solving equations using excel.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43571 on: January 30, 2014, 12:33:39 pm »

Okay, if you're being taught Excel, then it's not so hard to believe that the instructors would think that you could use a program to check such answers for plagiarism.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #43572 on: January 30, 2014, 12:35:29 pm »

Maybe, but it's also not hard to believe that most people would employ the path of least resistance, which would be exactly the same as a program.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43573 on: January 30, 2014, 12:51:58 pm »

Your point being?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43574 on: January 30, 2014, 01:02:52 pm »

I don't really see why people would cheat though. The instructions were very straight forward, and even outright told you what cells to select and which functions were to be used.

Though the amount of people that don't even know how to select more than one cell at a time worries me.
Pages: 1 ... 2903 2904 [2905] 2906 2907 ... 11039