Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2846 2847 [2848] 2849 2850 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14465563 times)

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #42705 on: January 14, 2014, 08:22:17 pm »

Sounds like you can bring in anything on your flash drive. Use a cheap one you don't mind snapping if you get rumbled. Just make sure it doesn't have a picture of a gun on it or they'll arrest you :/
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #42706 on: January 14, 2014, 08:24:32 pm »

This exists.

On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42707 on: January 14, 2014, 08:25:10 pm »

Sounds like you can bring in anything on your flash drive. Use a cheap one you don't mind snapping if you get rumbled. Just make sure it doesn't have a picture of a gun on it or they'll arrest you :/
Make sure not to point the flash drive at anyone or the school security officers will shoot you for brandishing a dangerous weapon.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42708 on: January 14, 2014, 08:27:59 pm »

-snip-
This sort of thing shouldn't be necessary, and yet it is in some classes. In my school's network, every student has an account that they log in to using their student number and a password they create. It seems to work well, other than the Shared folder being ridiculously huge because NOBODY DELETES THEIR STUFF EVER.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42709 on: January 14, 2014, 08:28:12 pm »

Way my school system works (It's the entire region, Peel), the computers basically act like terminals. Anything on it's hard-drive that wasn't there on start-up is deleted, so you can't save projects to the desktop or anything. Everything is sectioned into basically three regions on the database, at least for students: common areas where you can stick anything and anyone else can too, personal which is labelled with your student ID and only if you're signed in to that account can you use it, and hand-in, which works like the common regions, only it's for the teacher to grab work that you're handing in, like for computer science classes.

Edit: Oh, and IIRC there are also class-specific common regions (that is, teacher specific), and everything is expunged at the end of every school year. Seems to work rather well, all told.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #42710 on: January 14, 2014, 08:28:37 pm »

Make sure not to point the flash drive at anyone or the school security officers will shoot you for brandishing a dangerous weapon.
Also if you point your index finger at a person it's exactly like you're holding a weapon.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #42711 on: January 14, 2014, 08:38:14 pm »

Hark, citizen! Attend to this lawfully posted notice! Your compulsory attention is nonetheless noted.

This notice contains: advice on avoiding thoughtcrime. The contents follow thusly:

Thinking about crime is thoughtcrime! Any action or inaction is potentially a crime, and asking questions about criminality is a sure sign you have been thinking about it. So the Benevolent School District implores you to avoid thinking about any action or inaction. We must all do our part!

This is the end of this notice.

This space intentionally left blank.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #42712 on: January 14, 2014, 08:43:28 pm »

Hark, citizen! Attend to this lawfully posted notice! Your compulsory attention is nonetheless noted.

This notice contains: advice on avoiding thoughtcrime. The contents follow thusly:

Thinking about crime is thoughtcrime! Any action or inaction is potentially a crime, and asking questions about criminality is a sure sign you have been thinking about it. So the Benevolent School District implores you to avoid thinking about any action or inaction. We must all do our part!

* Itnetlolor scribbles "You are now playing "The Game"." onto the notice's 'Blank Space'
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 08:45:05 pm by Itnetlolor »

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #42713 on: January 14, 2014, 08:46:07 pm »

Klaxons instantly begin to sound and Itnetlolor's cranial implant warms perceptibly.

"Please come to the Principal's Court immediately"
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #42714 on: January 14, 2014, 08:47:21 pm »

As it turns out, I've never played a game for less than 3 and more than 2 hours. My latest time is just over 1:10.

w...what?

Of all my playthroughs of Super Metroid, the time spent has never been x hours, where 2<x<3.

Of course, I've only done, like, 5 legit playthroughs of Super Metroid.

I learned today that the cutoff time for getting the best ending in Super Metroid is 3 hours, not 2.

As it turns out, I've never played a game for less than 3 and more than 2 hours. My latest time is just over 1:10.

That's not a terrible time for speedrunning if I remember correctly.  A 100% speedrun anyway.

It was 39% >_> But I'm practicing.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42715 on: January 14, 2014, 09:04:07 pm »

* Itnetlolor scribbles "You are now playing "The Game"." onto the notice's 'Blank Space'
Aw, I lost the game.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #42716 on: January 14, 2014, 09:11:36 pm »

Cmega: It seems likely that they may just delete the folder without checking what's inside of it. Have you prepared a contingency for this? See if you can finagle a silent program, hidden within the hidden folder, that does nothing, to launch on startup. That way they'll get the ol' file-in-use problem.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #42717 on: January 14, 2014, 10:25:05 pm »

I made a couple searches while investigating a dubious claim that long hair can cause back problems due to the extra weight (which I've concluded is a dumb enough idea that nobody has taken the time to disprove it). There are people asking if having long hair can cause vomiting and sinus problems. What? This isn't Arrested Development. Hair does not do that sort of thing.

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42718 on: January 14, 2014, 10:27:55 pm »

Maybe you need to snort it first.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42719 on: January 14, 2014, 10:34:21 pm »

I made a couple searches while investigating a dubious claim that long hair can cause back problems due to the extra weight (which I've concluded is a dumb enough idea that nobody has taken the time to disprove it). There are people asking if having long hair can cause vomiting and sinus problems. What? This isn't Arrested Development. Hair does not do that sort of thing.
I don't think it can cause back problems, since it's not very heavy.

Especially compared to your skull.
Pages: 1 ... 2846 2847 [2848] 2849 2850 ... 11037