Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2845 2846 [2847] 2848 2849 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14465469 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #42690 on: January 14, 2014, 03:44:06 pm »

"I want to see what garbage they're trying to sell me, quiet!"

The worst one ever was when I went to a double-showing of Frankenstein and Dracula. No previews, IIRC, just a "Please wait while we prepare the next film."

I STILL got fucking shushed.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #42691 on: January 14, 2014, 03:49:43 pm »

That's why smaller cinemas are the best.

Being the only ones in the room watching a movie is awesome :P

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #42692 on: January 14, 2014, 04:15:23 pm »

The oldster didn't just kill him. He asked the vic a bunch of times to stop it, argued with him, got up to get a manager, evidently the manager gave no fucks, oldster returned and continued the argument, someone threw popcorn. Some things they said give clues as to what went on.

For one, the vic's wife was injured because she put her hand on the vic before he was shot. Which means they were probably standing up, at minimum they were turned around in their seats. It also means the shooter caught her in the hand or arm and the bullet went through and into the vic, slaying him.

So we know there was an argument. We know the shooter fired. We can make some other assumptions.

1: The range was very close. Normally I would say that a 40-yr-old would be able to move in and strike a 70-yr-old before he could draw. But the seats are in the way which could make all the difference. Also the woman had her hand on the vic, and the shot struck her and the vic, which means the vic had not advanced far enough to make her hand slip aside.

2: If the vic had thrown the popcorn, it was either an insult, or a feint to avoid getting shot, or a feint in order to attack.

3: If the vic's wife threw it, it was probably an insult but may have been a feint, perhaps on behalf of her husband. But her other hand was busy, and she was evidently trying to hold the vic back, which suggests she wouldn't be the one throwing. Why would she?

4: If the shooter threw it, it was certainly a feint to attack. He was about to attack and there was no reason to throw it otherwise. But he had a hand busy with the draw. You don't throw popcorn and then draw; the popcorn will begin falling before you get the gun into position - especially if you're 70. Also there doesn't seem to be a benefit to feint to attack using a gun. You already have all the advantages.

5: If the shooter's wife threw it, it was most likely a feint to attack on behalf of her husband. She knew he was carrying, she had to. And we don't see her in the argument report, so she's unlikely to be incensed enough to throw it as an insult.

Because of 2-5, I assume the vic threw the popcorn. But did he throw it before or after the gun emerged? Did he throw it and lunge forward, prompting the shooter to draw and fire? That's not likely, because the vic would have advanced enough to clear his wife's hand before the 70-yr-old shooter could draw and fire.

Because of these things my assumption is that either:

A: Shooter draws, vic throws popcorn to distract, shooter hits him anyway, or
B: Vic throws popcorn to insult shooter, shooter draws and fires.

Either way this guy is in a pickle. It'll hinge on self-defense, fighting words, and what the shooter alleges the vic did immediately before he drew.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42693 on: January 14, 2014, 04:20:50 pm »

Well, another patron could have thrown the popcorn at the pair, as they were causing quite the stir.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #42694 on: January 14, 2014, 04:24:00 pm »

Honestly, what kind of complete fucktard do you have to be to take a gun with you to a cinema -.-'

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #42695 on: January 14, 2014, 04:24:28 pm »

Either way this guy is in a pickle. It'll hinge on self-defense, fighting words, and what the shooter alleges the vic did immediately before he drew.
Don't worry, he's an ex-cop, I'm sure his buddies on the force will do everything in their power to perjure him to safety.
Honestly, what kind of complete fucktard do you have to be to take a gun with you to a cinema -.-'
Welcome to Florida.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #42696 on: January 14, 2014, 04:50:09 pm »

I learned today that the cutoff time for getting the best ending in Super Metroid is 3 hours, not 2.

As it turns out, I've never played a game for less than 3 and more than 2 hours. My latest time is just over 1:10.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42697 on: January 14, 2014, 04:52:46 pm »

As it turns out, I've never played a game for less than 3 and more than 2 hours.
The boolean logic processor in my brain just exploded.  Thanks.   >:(
:P
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 04:54:40 pm by Levi »
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42698 on: January 14, 2014, 04:57:58 pm »

As it turns out, I've never played a game for less than 3 and more than 2 hours. My latest time is just over 1:10.

w...what?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #42699 on: January 14, 2014, 05:03:28 pm »

I was driving by and noticed someone had parked their Batmobile out the front of their house, on their driveway.
How the fuck did this comment just get glossed over?

Was it the Adam West Batmobile, Tim Burton Batmobile, the Tumbler...?
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42700 on: January 14, 2014, 05:07:53 pm »

I learned today that the cutoff time for getting the best ending in Super Metroid is 3 hours, not 2.

That's not a terrible time for speedrunning if I remember correctly.  A 100% speedrun anyway.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #42701 on: January 14, 2014, 07:28:00 pm »

I was driving by and noticed someone had parked their Batmobile out the front of their house, on their driveway.
How the fuck did this comment just get glossed over?

Was it the Adam West Batmobile, Tim Burton Batmobile, the Tumbler...?
This guy.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42702 on: January 14, 2014, 07:38:32 pm »

Bruce Wayne is falling on hard times, cuts had to be made.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #42703 on: January 14, 2014, 07:55:22 pm »

In computer class, we share accounts. Each computer has a student account used by everyone. This mean that there is a lot of random clutter that barely makes sense, and my part of the computer. It's my little folder, sectioned out from all the Project.doc files and New Folders. In it, I keep all my programming projects, my personal compiler and IDE, my files, and all my stuff. It's my cozy little place in the middle of the madness that is sharing a computer.

Today I came to find someone had changed the background picture to something I could've made better in MSPaint in ten minutes (and I'm no artist), and deleted everything. Not just my folder, but everyone's stuff. That is extremely rude, considering this is shared space. Of course, since everyone in my school is computer illiterate, he forgot to empty recycle bin.
I restore everyone's stuff, organize it back, and sit down and think, while the teacher drones on in the background (it took her life forty minutes to draw three squares of a certain size, and I finished my work last time I was here, so I have time). Someone tried to delete my folder. My Folder.

That's not gonna happen again.
I make a folder in Documents named Adobe XI (nobody will ever touch it) and put a backup there.
Now, on to the real thing. I make a folder smack dab in the middle of the desktop, named Don't Open. Inside, I put my folder and mark it as hidden.
Next step, I make a folder named DANGER. Inside it has Quarantined Programs. Inside that, is a batch file. Should you open it, it will give you a stern talk about what you just did, and run these few lines of code:

:LOOP
start
GOTO LOOP

*  Cmega3 does an evil chuckle.

Now, I make another folder. Path is it's name. Inside, it has a lone text file. It contains the path to my hidden folder. Or so it seems. The path, in fact, leads to a small program abusing the fact that pause command prints "Press any key to continue...".
It tells you that to get to my personal folder, you have to enter the correct key combination. What follows next is a loop of pause commands. Try as they might, it won't open my folder, for there is no correct key combination. Finished, I tell the teacher that if someone says the computer I sit at is acting up, it's because they tried to get to my stuff.

They tried to delete my folder. No one touches my stuff. No one.

I know this is pretty light, in terms of how these things go, but as I said, they're mostly computer illiterates. If I did something worse, they'd probably throw the computer out the window saying a hacker-demon possessed it.
Have you tried creating a new account with your own password?
How does it work when everyone is logged into the same account? Or do you have assigned seating and it's you and whoever sits in your seat that uses that account?
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42704 on: January 14, 2014, 08:10:01 pm »

Aren't there programs for that?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.
Pages: 1 ... 2845 2846 [2847] 2848 2849 ... 11037