Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2836 2837 [2838] 2839 2840 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14468415 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #42555 on: January 10, 2014, 06:00:42 pm »

Maybe I should've posted that unusual weather bit over here instead of the HAPPY thread? Whoops.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #42556 on: January 10, 2014, 06:06:02 pm »

Do you see any of the following outside:

• Rising flood waters
  • Glowing zombies
  • Locusts
  • Dust storms with faces in them
  • Basketball-sized hail
  • Velociraptors

If any or all of these are the case, please seek shelter immediately.
  • No.
  • No, and no non-glowing zombies either.
  • Nada.
  • Just normal LA smog.
  • We haven't even had decent rain for months. Hail would be pretty noticeable and I'm not noticing any.
  • Afraid not.
I keep hearing something that sounds like a classic air raid siren. No one is freaking out, so I don't think it is some sort of attack, but it sure is distracting.

Do you have a volunteer fire station anywhere in the vicinity? They often use such sirens to call in the firemen.
Maybe? I have no clue, I don't know this area.
Where I live in Michigan they use those sirens for tornado warnings. Never actually had a tornado, but they test them every other Friday at noon.
That's a local thing to your area. It's actually caused by the guy at the weather station leaning back in his chair when he eats his lunch and triggering the tornado siren button on the wall behind him. Jerry has no clue and everyone's laughing about it so they don't want to tell him.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #42557 on: January 10, 2014, 07:57:15 pm »

Yeah, if you're looking to lose weight you'll want to resist that impulse. That's the lower-limit barrier of what your body will tolerate, and if you overcome it it should reset at a lower level.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #42558 on: January 10, 2014, 10:44:34 pm »

So I was sitting there,on my computer at the kitchen table when a coffee mug catches my eye.
So I stare at it.
Then,on the coffee cup a small white stick-man appears as a decal. Except it's moving.
Holy shit.
And then...it..pulled out a stick pistol and blasted itself in it's head. And white stuff covered the mug. Then I tried looking away and looking back and it was gone.
My reaction was,of course,"Well I guess it's time to take my meds."

Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42559 on: January 10, 2014, 10:51:21 pm »

-snip-
D:
I-I totally didn't want to sleep anyways.

Dude,just humor me for a second.
Imagine a life where nothing makes sense to you,you're surrounded by metaphysical embodiements of your worst fears,and a creepy demon man named Caesar occasionally takes control of you and makes you slap your grandma. In the face.
That is my life.
Nothing makes sense to me anymore and the only thing they can do is keep increasing my medication dosages which lately has made me very sick and caused me to miss a lot of class.
Did I mention I slapped my grandma?

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42560 on: January 10, 2014, 11:08:35 pm »

-snip-
-snip
-snippedy snip snip-

Sorry, I didn't intend to offend. I looked it up, and it scared me a bit. I can't say to know what kinds of things you go through, but I know it isn't the funnest thing in the world. Again, I don't mean to hurt feelings, I'm kind of awkward in situations like these, please excuse me if I misinterpreted what you meant.

You didn't hurt my feelings.
I don't know why I sounded so blunt and coarse but I didn't mean to.
Nothing just makes sense to me anymore and I'm really bad at communicating my emotions.
Ugh. :-\

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #42561 on: January 10, 2014, 11:35:28 pm »

That kinda reminds me of how, in the early hours of this morning, the sound of running water woke me up. In my barely functioning not-quite-awake brain, I thought it was the sound of Judgment Day, and the green indicator light from my laptop hitting my hand made me think I was being converted to pure energy.

Is it sort of like that, except happening randomly while you're fully awake?
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #42562 on: January 11, 2014, 12:43:22 am »

Today's WTF: Applesauce mixed with chocolate syrup tastes a lot better than I expected it to.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #42563 on: January 11, 2014, 02:41:28 am »

I can't help but suspect that things like schizoaffective disorder are hard to really empathise (and thus, sympathise) with unless you were affected by it.
Well...the problem I see is that schizophrenia usually is mostly seen only my the person possessing it (ie symptom, and not a sign)...and I believe Mallos isn't doing this all from any skewed point of conscience.

So... :/

Support is open for those who ask. I doubt someone can be so bad in communication that they can't literally communicate at all (I mean sure there may be difficulties. That doesn't mean you're 'bad' in communicating.)

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #42564 on: January 11, 2014, 07:47:13 am »

Today's WTF: Applesauce mixed with chocolate syrup tastes a lot better than I expected it to.

Chocolate and sausage rolls are also a good mix.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #42565 on: January 11, 2014, 08:00:43 am »

Chocolate is good with most things, imo, even hot curry.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #42566 on: January 11, 2014, 09:46:10 am »

Chocolate is good with most things, imo, even hot curry.
It really isn't, at least for me. There's quite a few things I've found that chocolate goes horribly with. Like green tea. Or cheese. 'Least the cheeses I've tried it with, so far. Anything involving ketchup. More I'm forgetting. Chocolate's actually been pretty persnickety for me in terms of what it'll go with. Honey is a lot more... accepting... in terms of sweet things added to other things.

It might depend on the chocolate, too, though. I've mostly done my experimenting with stuff easily accessible in the states, which isn't exactly high quality.
Ask not!
Ask!

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #42567 on: January 11, 2014, 11:10:04 am »

You can get chocolate to go with black tea by mixing them with coffee. I dunno about green tea, specifically, though. Still, might give that a try sometime.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #42568 on: January 11, 2014, 11:18:42 am »

Eh, specifically, it was about a half and half mix of hot chocolate (the kind made with the powdered stuff) and green tea. Y'know... just brewed separately and thrown together.

It... it was vile.

I imagine a more nuanced creation process might produce something more palatable, ha.
Ask not!
Ask!

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42569 on: January 11, 2014, 11:20:47 am »

Eh, specifically, it was about a half and half mix of hot chocolate (the kind made with the powdered stuff) and green tea. Y'know... just brewed separately and thrown together.

i had already resisted making one post but this is heresy of even a higher caliber than imaginable

WHY

what came to your head when mixing this

i'm not even much of a tea purist i just want to know what exactly transpired in order for you to mix two tastes that are imaginably incompatible with the only excuse i can think of being not knowing their tastes beforehand
Pages: 1 ... 2836 2837 [2838] 2839 2840 ... 11037