Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2809 2810 [2811] 2812 2813 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14453581 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #42150 on: January 02, 2014, 08:03:11 pm »

And is a 250 meter Titan.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #42151 on: January 02, 2014, 08:06:05 pm »

Then let us pray it has constipation instead of the other option.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #42152 on: January 02, 2014, 08:38:38 pm »

Just came back from watching Oldboy.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #42153 on: January 02, 2014, 10:04:14 pm »

And is a 250 meter Titan.
Activate Cherno Alpha.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42154 on: January 02, 2014, 10:11:41 pm »

Semi-related: It is surprisingly difficult to find a good picture of Stacker Pentecost in his uniform looking stern. I need one for reasons of an LP nature.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42155 on: January 02, 2014, 10:12:45 pm »

Semi-related: It is surprisingly difficult to find a good picture of Stacker Pentecost in his uniform looking stern. I need one for reasons of an LP nature.
http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130628105130/pacificrim/images/e/e6/Stacker_Pentecost_4.jpg
Sig! Onol

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42156 on: January 02, 2014, 10:14:41 pm »

http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130628105130/pacificrim/images/e/e6/Stacker_Pentecost_4.jpg
Not stern enough! Look at his face, he's almost smiling! Practically looks like a speechifying politician.

New WTF: My browser recognizes speechifying as a word. I figured that was made-up O_o

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42157 on: January 02, 2014, 10:15:20 pm »

LP as in "long-playing record" or LP as in "YouTube videos of people who don't know how to play video games"?

Also, I was always weirded out by the name "Stacker Pentecost". Pentecost works as an ominous Biblical-ish name, appropriate for dramatic reasons, but Stacker? All I think of from that is shitty puzzle games and factory robot jobs.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42158 on: January 02, 2014, 10:16:49 pm »

LP as in "long-playing record" or LP as in "YouTube videos of people who don't know how to play video games"?

Also, I was always weirded out by the name "Stacker Pentecost". Pentecost works as an ominous Biblical-ish name, appropriate for dramatic reasons, but Stacker? All I think of from that is shitty puzzle games and factory robot jobs.
Neither! LP as in "series of screenshots and sometimes unrelated images of a game, often being played badly".

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42159 on: January 02, 2014, 10:17:03 pm »

Not stern enough! Look at his face, he's almost smiling! Practically looks like a speechifying politician.

New WTF: My browser recognizes speechifying as a word. I figured that was made-up O_o
http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130628105035/pacificrim/images/0/0f/Stacker_Pentecost_3.jpg
http://static3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130610031503/pacificrim/images/8/81/Stacker_Pentecost_Poster.jpg
Sig! Onol

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42160 on: January 02, 2014, 10:55:41 pm »

I was posting a thread in FG&RP, and during the slight lag between me posting it and getting redirected to the board page, Rise of the Magical Girls was posted in.  Weird, I thought, that's a pretty highly-populated thread, so it must just be a coincidence.  I reserved a post in my thread.  RotMG was updated in the loading time again.  Reserved one more.  It kept happening.  How does anybody have the time to follow that thread?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42161 on: January 02, 2014, 11:02:26 pm »

I was posting a thread in FG&RP, and during the slight lag between me posting it and getting redirected to the board page, Rise of the Magical Girls was posted in.  Weird, I thought, that's a pretty highly-populated thread, so it must just be a coincidence.  I reserved a post in my thread.  RotMG was updated in the loading time again.  Reserved one more.  It kept happening.  How does anybody have the time to follow that thread?
They're insane in that thing.
Also extremely difficulty.
Multitasking.
Sig! Onol

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #42162 on: January 02, 2014, 11:05:09 pm »

Neither! LP as in "series of screenshots and sometimes unrelated images of a game, often being played badly".

what game? May I ask?
It's FEF, not FEOF

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42163 on: January 02, 2014, 11:05:19 pm »

They're insane in that thing.
Also extremely difficulty.
Multitasking.
As you know, the FG&RP section of the board is a major training ground for Ninjas. Also you get used to it(The rush to get your posts in immediately) after a month.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42164 on: January 02, 2014, 11:07:59 pm »

what game? May I ask?
Was thinking of classic X-COM. Wanted a picture for Mission Control that was not Gendo Ikari. Nothing against the guy personally, but I've seen at least one LP that used him and I wanted someone different.

Pages: 1 ... 2809 2810 [2811] 2812 2813 ... 11040