Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2808 2809 [2810] 2811 2812 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14453599 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #42135 on: January 02, 2014, 05:42:40 pm »

Now I'm wondering if there are any diseases with such high infection rates, but with no symptoms for the majority of the infected people.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42136 on: January 02, 2014, 05:46:26 pm »

MINE SHEKELS TODAY

/pol/ is getting its own cryptocurrency

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #42137 on: January 02, 2014, 05:50:10 pm »

Now I'm wondering if there are any diseases with such high infection rates, but with no symptoms for the majority of the infected people.
Closest I can think of is Toxoplasma Gondii.

Approximated that between 33-50% of the world is infected, and all it does is make people have slower reactions, and make women more outgoing (apparently)
Yep. Cats carry it; it does what it does to try to get us to die and get eaten by cats so it can breed.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42138 on: January 02, 2014, 05:51:40 pm »

MINE SHEKELS TODAY

People are getting so rustled in there.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #42139 on: January 02, 2014, 05:56:18 pm »

[snip]would this be the add?
It would indeed be the ad in question! Actually saw it a few more times today. Still refusing to click :P
Have we considered the possibility that "m" stands for "meter"?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #42140 on: January 02, 2014, 05:56:19 pm »

The Libertarians and Fascists don't particularly like it. This is kinda like the time /mlp/ claimed their own island and /pol/ had a few threads deciding on whether or not they should claim their own island or try to conquer /mlp/'s one. Unless lots of people adopt or support it, there's little to be bothered about.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #42141 on: January 02, 2014, 06:05:36 pm »

Today's WTF: Decided to throw up most of the steam inventory's card thingies on the market, because. Well, because. I ascribe no value whatsoever to them, so... why not?

... by the time I had finished putting all of them (less than three dozen) on the market, I had received over a dollar in steam credit. By the time I finished typing this message, almost two. There are days which the human mind is a thing entirely incomprehensible to me.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42142 on: January 02, 2014, 06:51:27 pm »

Today's WTF: Decided to throw up most of the steam inventory's card thingies on the market, because. Well, because. I ascribe no value whatsoever to them, so... why not?

... by the time I had finished putting all of them (less than three dozen) on the market, I had received over a dollar in steam credit. By the time I finished typing this message, almost two. There are days which the human mind is a thing entirely incomprehensible to me.

Alright that's awesome. Fuck begging my parents, CARDS MORHERFUCKER!

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42143 on: January 02, 2014, 06:52:39 pm »

Most cards are only worth like, 10 cents in my experience.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42144 on: January 02, 2014, 06:53:03 pm »

I probably made two bucks just by selling those snow globe cards. Granted, those were limited-time-only and had a higher average price, but still...
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42145 on: January 02, 2014, 06:54:04 pm »

Most cards are only worth like, 10 cents in my experience.

Hey. Getting a bit of steam money for things you get for playing is fair enough, even if it's only a few cents :P

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #42146 on: January 02, 2014, 07:12:40 pm »

The most expensive cards I've seen are the ones for Agarest Generations of War, they're like 50-100 cents each since Waifus are in such high demand
It's FEF, not FEOF

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #42147 on: January 02, 2014, 07:45:14 pm »

... just saw the strangest advertisement. Medical one, gave a list of symptoms, y'know, the usual.

The odd part was that it claimed that 250 million Americans are infected. Now, usually that would mean just the USA (which would mean that roughly 80% of the country is infected with... whatever it was.), but even if it included all the Americas, that's still an infection rate a little over 1 in 4.

Ad didn't say what what the disease was, and there was no way in hell I was going to click on a link spouting a factoid like that, but I... I'm kinda' curious what it was, now. Is... is there anything out there that actually has that level of dispersion? Is this like that old factoid that something like 200% (or 120%? Something like that.) of the USA has a mental illness?

would this be the add?

I suspect this isn't a real disease, just a set of generic symptoms to get hypochondriacs worried. Let's see.

Mouth ulcers and white coated tongue point mostly towards a bacterial infection of the mouth, but mouth ulcers are veeeery poor evidence for a disease since they enjoy forming on their own irritatingly often in some people (read: me) due to neurotic immune system. Tongue coloration... really? OH NO! I AM SURELY INFECTED WITH A LETHAL DISEASE, I JUST DRANK MILK AND MY TONGUE IS WHIIIIIITE!

Fatigue: most commonly flu/cold, both viral infections, maybe a parasitic infection of some sorts. Viral infections should exhibit fever, and it isn't listed, though.

Itchy/burning eyes: reeeealy vague, but since it's just 'itchy' and not 'red' or 'OH MY GOD MY EYES THERE IS BLOOD IN THEM AND IT'S BLACK' (actual thing in some cases of trichinellosis) I'm assuming it's not conjunctivitis. Most commonly that would simply be tired eyes, for the skeptical , and in case of disease fever can result in something like that but again, since fever is not on the list, it's presumably not a symptom.

Constipation or diarrhea and bloating: irritated bowels.

Itchy skin and rashes: Some internal parasites, fungi, bacteria. But that makes me wonder why separate the two.

Genital itch: external parasites along with all the above.

Mouth ulcers/Gut craziness/Eye itchiness combo resembles symptoms of something like ulcerative colitis.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #42148 on: January 02, 2014, 07:55:51 pm »

I'm telling you, it's a subtle viral marketing ploy for the next foe in Attack on Titan.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42149 on: January 02, 2014, 08:01:56 pm »

I'm telling you, it's a subtle viral marketing ploy for the next foe in Attack on Titan.

So the next villain is someone who gives people Diarrhoea pox?
Pages: 1 ... 2808 2809 [2810] 2811 2812 ... 11040