Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2803 2804 [2805] 2806 2807 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14446295 times)

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #42060 on: December 31, 2013, 11:57:17 pm »

Okay, I was having fun with the argument at first, but now I'm just getting pissed off. I don't even want to talk to her anymore until she figures her crap out, and I want the old her back. It's not even about the sexiness anymore. That was just playing around at best. She just puts herself down constantly and I don't think she means it just damn it just eats away at me and I just want to punch her in the face and exclaim "NO!". And WTF why can't life and friends and people just be more simple.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42061 on: January 01, 2014, 12:03:13 am »

Okay, I was having fun with the argument at first, but now I'm just getting pissed off. I don't even want to talk to her anymore until she figures her crap out, and I want the old her back. It's not even about the sexiness anymore. That was just playing around at best. She just puts herself down constantly and I don't think she means it just damn it just eats away at me and I just want to punch her in the face and exclaim "NO!". And WTF why can't life and friends and people just be more simple.
This is one situation that I would not advocate punching in. She probably needs a good hug and a sincere "but I think you're {x}" more than anything else. Let her know what's upsetting you and why, and be calm about it. Anger isn't the best response. That may be how she actually feels. Hell, I get like that sometimes myself, and it takes a little bit of outside validation to help me get back on my feet.

Edit: Did not mean to make a bullet point, but now I know how.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 12:05:15 am by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #42062 on: January 01, 2014, 12:04:28 am »

This is one situation that I would not advocate punching in. She probably needs a good hug and a sincere "but I think you're
  • " more than anything else. Let her know what's upsetting you and why, and be calm about it. Anger isn't the best response. That may be how she actually feels. Hell, I get like that sometimes myself, and it takes a little bit of outside validation to help me get back on my feet.
Dis.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42063 on: January 01, 2014, 12:17:45 am »

I've TRIED all that. I've tried it many times! I've told her what is upsetting me.  I've been calm about it. I don't want to hurt her, and everything I tell her is some sort of praise or complement, and she still insists on thinking she's the worst human being in the world, and I just hate it so much. I don't want to leave her alone because I know that's just plain not what to do, but it's getting so hard to be around her. She isn't mean, or rude or anything, she just hates herself for some reason I don't understand and I hate seeing that. I'm almost at the point where I want to cry over this, and I know this isn't how things need to be. I feel like somewhere inside she knows all the things she says are lies, but what reason does someone really have to hate themselves like this? I'm tired and it's finally 2014, so I'm going to go to bed, but thanks for all the advice and letting me hijack the thread for venting purposes.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42064 on: January 01, 2014, 01:23:19 am »

Sounds like she needs a therapist and/or medication at this point.

Irrationally hating oneself sounds a lot like depression. If it is depression, please do note that she can't help but beat herself up. It's not an attitude issue in that case, but a literal illness, and one that probably needs a doctor.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #42065 on: January 01, 2014, 04:29:50 am »

I've TRIED all that. I've tried it many times! I've told her what is upsetting me.  I've been calm about it. I don't want to hurt her, and everything I tell her is some sort of praise or complement, and she still insists on thinking she's the worst human being in the world, and I just hate it so much. I don't want to leave her alone because I know that's just plain not what to do, but it's getting so hard to be around her. She isn't mean, or rude or anything, she just hates herself for some reason I don't understand and I hate seeing that. I'm almost at the point where I want to cry over this, and I know this isn't how things need to be. I feel like somewhere inside she knows all the things she says are lies, but what reason does someone really have to hate themselves like this? I'm tired and it's finally 2014, so I'm going to go to bed, but thanks for all the advice and letting me hijack the thread for venting purposes.
I'm very familiar with this...but I've to say first that the causes are very subjective.

Did you ask her if she knows what's bringing her to say such? What is she comparing herself to? What she did in the past that makes her think as so?

Did you tell her what you feel, like what you're telling us right here?

Sounds like she needs a therapist and/or medication at this point.
I'd agree on this, however to be sure--let's try settling it before judging at extremes. There are people who wish to be...understood by those they trust first other than professionals on the matter.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #42066 on: January 01, 2014, 10:43:15 am »

We have weird spambots in town.

Also:

Merely opening the lid on my laptop-server makes the temperature drop so much, from around 65 to 52. o_O

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #42067 on: January 01, 2014, 11:15:39 am »

Carl Sagan.
Agent Smith.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42068 on: January 01, 2014, 01:26:19 pm »

I found out that my grandparents live only a few miles from the border of the district that elected Michele Bachmann.

That really explains a lot.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #42069 on: January 01, 2014, 04:55:37 pm »

Fun fact: That is one of the most conservative districts in the United States. They still only barely re-elected Bachmann.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42070 on: January 01, 2014, 06:18:41 pm »

Was she not batshit crazy enough for them?
This is a blank sig.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #42071 on: January 01, 2014, 06:25:54 pm »

>Googling for a source of Dutch-German paratrooper merge
>Found one
>Comment section: Bachmanntothemax.jpeg
>Check other articles on site
>Most seem fairly normal, but suddenly:
Putin confirmed leader of Almighty God's Asian Army destined to confront German-led European Union to punish them for the Holocaust

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #42072 on: January 01, 2014, 06:33:10 pm »

Dammit Jehovah stop trying to punish people for doing things you ostensibly made them do in the first place
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #42073 on: January 01, 2014, 06:47:08 pm »

Prince of Rosh is a pretty metal name, IMO. Maybe a bit too DotA-y, but why hold that against someone?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42074 on: January 01, 2014, 06:59:21 pm »

I just watched the Kingdom of Heaven director's cut. How did a movie like that get a theatrical cut like that.
Pages: 1 ... 2803 2804 [2805] 2806 2807 ... 11040