Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2779 2780 [2781] 2782 2783 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14481995 times)

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #41700 on: December 24, 2013, 08:03:20 pm »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/nhs/10536883/Surgeon-suspended-over-claims-he-branded-a-patients-liver.html
Surgeon suspended for signing his work.
What.

Imagine if the person died and was an organ donor, would the new owner of that liver want it to be branded?
"Uhm, I've never thought or heard of such a thing before, therefore it must be... uhm... totally immoral and evil"

Seriously, I don't get the fuss about this. If you just got a kidney transplant and saw the endoscope images, why the fuck would you say "Oh my god, you tattooed a dick on my kidney, fuck you" instead of "You saved my life, thank you so much"? As long as it doesn't cause any additional risk or is observable on the patient without a major surgery or accident, it should be totally okay. It could even be beneficial to the patient sometimes, for example as guides to other surgeons, saying stuff like "Freak varicose vein under this tissue layer, be careful". Internal hobo signs or something.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #41701 on: December 24, 2013, 08:09:04 pm »

Look, if you come into my house and draw dicks on the, like, drywall or inside the water pipes or whatever, I will likely never notice and definitely never care. Dicknature my electrical wiring with fine print phallus all you want, so long as it won't cause a fire.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41702 on: December 24, 2013, 08:09:54 pm »

I'd imagine that the fuss is because he didn't get permission.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #41703 on: December 24, 2013, 08:12:57 pm »

OK, imagine I come into your house and draw dicks all over your things...
I seriously wouldn't care if there were wiener-shaped drawings all over my internal organs because no one would ever see them unless I were freakishly disembowelled, in which case it would look great on my tombstone. I'd just ask for a discount on the expenses or something.

"Is this tax deductable?" *shows picture of liver wieners to attorney*

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41704 on: December 24, 2013, 08:28:34 pm »

I'd imagine that the fuss is because he didn't get permission.
This. Seriously people, even if no harm was done this guy violated pretty much every medical ethics code in existence. </slight hyperbole>

Besides, there's no knowing that there won't be negative effects down the line.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #41705 on: December 24, 2013, 09:08:07 pm »

Yesterday Spacebattles got shut down because someone posted an image of a toucan on the board, causing a DMCA copyright takedown.
A fucking macromeme image of a toucan took down Spacebattles.
The fuck.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #41706 on: December 25, 2013, 01:10:11 am »

Seriously people, even if no harm was done this guy violated pretty much every medical ethics code in existence. </slight hyperbole>
This is exactly it. You do not fuck around in your work as a medical professional. Whether or not harm was actually done isn't the point - if you're doing something unnecessary that could potentially lead to harm (which any unnecessary modification to a surgery most certainly could), you're fucking up your job. Anything else is the equivalent of saying, "Well, I was driving home drunk, but I didn't cause an accident so everything's fine."
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41707 on: December 25, 2013, 07:35:26 am »

So.. This happened.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #41708 on: December 25, 2013, 07:45:31 am »

Quite a while back, yeah. Unless that's a copy site of some sort. Forget when the last time that thing was brought up, but it was way earlier this year, at the latest. Think there's actually been a few people running around with avatars made from that thing's output, heh.

E: Woah. Dream self can get some rage on, apparently. Helluva' way to start the day (the second time, anyway) when the alarm clock cuts you out at "I will set every one of you fuckers on fire." Actually kinda' amusing (there was good setup, and people being ranted at were laughing), but... still.

E2: And then I look out the front door and there's someone rummaging around through the fridge the folks here have on the back porch. No knocking on the door or saying hello or... anything. It... it's someone they know, but. What? Hear a noise, think maybe cat, no, hobo. Okay, maybe not a hobo per se, but an elderly lady that looks a lot like a hobo, doing the hobo-ish act of stealthily (relatively, the other folks here wouldn't have noticed) raiding someone else's fridge. Christmas day has started weird.

E3: Aannnnd today I actually looked up what Hog-eye is a euphemism for. The Hog-Eye Man song suddenly became considerably more... something.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 12:32:53 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41709 on: December 25, 2013, 01:15:19 pm »

Talking to little kids is so strange.

My mom's boyfriend's granddaughter is here, and is basically torturing the dogs.

She's pretty convinced that they are all male, even though only one is. And there is no dissuading it.

"Sit. Good boy."

No, she's a girl.

"No. she's a boy."

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #41710 on: December 25, 2013, 01:25:35 pm »

Talking to little kids is so strange.

My mom's boyfriend's granddaughter is here, and is basically torturing the dogs.

She's pretty convinced that they are all male, even though only one is. And there is no dissuading it.

"Sit. Good boy."

No, she's a girl.

"No. she's a boy."
If it's not wearing a bow in it's fur, it's a boy.

EDIT: My own WTF is that I'm getting inundated with wrong numbers and random text messages from people I don't know. Even after I told this one guy he had the wrong number, he keeps calling back every half hour or so. Because apparently if he tries long enough, I'll magically turn into whoever the fuck it is he's trying to call. I guess the egg nog was especially potent this year.  ???
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 01:34:27 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #41711 on: December 25, 2013, 04:29:51 pm »

Do you guys know why Steam is down right now?
Nope, it worked for me about an hour ago, but it's gone now. Probably overload of some sort.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #41712 on: December 25, 2013, 04:30:19 pm »

Because the divine are pricks, of course.

Seriously, it's probably server strain. L4D2 went free, might be outages in parts of the states making it worse, etc., etc.
Ask not!
Ask!

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41713 on: December 25, 2013, 04:47:58 pm »

Do you guys know why Steam is down right now?
Nope, it worked for me about an hour ago, but it's gone now. Probably overload of some sort.
They're offering L4D2 for free.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41714 on: December 25, 2013, 07:55:16 pm »

Damnit, Valve, why won't you let me give you money?
Pages: 1 ... 2779 2780 [2781] 2782 2783 ... 11037