Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2762 2763 [2764] 2765 2766 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14471790 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #41445 on: December 16, 2013, 06:51:27 pm »

What happened to the good old guy-guy friendship?
Fanfiction ♫

Even for people who don't read it. Its influence spreads out and infects the memetosphere.

Or was it the other way around? Symptom, or cause? Eh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #41446 on: December 16, 2013, 06:52:39 pm »

Silly Dutchling, thinking Dutch people have periods.

It's like you forget you guys procreate via facehuggers.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #41447 on: December 16, 2013, 10:10:53 pm »

Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #41448 on: December 16, 2013, 10:18:35 pm »

... y'know, after look at that thing about four times, I only just now noticed it has a, like, bacon combover.

Looks like pretty tasty bacon, too...

Still. The concept of cthulhu with porcine pattern baldness is... something.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #41449 on: December 16, 2013, 10:20:34 pm »

Release the Craken!

(that is crab I'm seeing, right?)
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41450 on: December 16, 2013, 10:21:37 pm »

Release the Craken!

(that is crab I'm seeing, right?)
Looks like a turkey stuffed with octopus tentacles sitting on top of a crab, with a thin topping of bacon.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41451 on: December 16, 2013, 10:40:13 pm »

I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #41452 on: December 16, 2013, 10:44:26 pm »

I once had a doctor get on my case when I had an ear infection for not taking all of my antibiotics I was prescribed.  (Ear infection still went away though)
You really should take the full treatment if you take antibiotics. Not for your sake, but so we don't have antibiotic resistant strains running around.
Yeah, the way it works is this: Imagine you've got a few million bacteria in your ear. Now, when you introduce antibiotics, those bacteria naturally have enough mutation that they respond differently to the antibiotics; they don't all die at once. It's your typical bell-curve distribution, where some die off immediately, the vast majority die off shortly after, and then some survive fro a good long while before dying off. If you don't finish your antibiotics, you kill off only the low end of the bell curve; those in the first and second categories. You've now killed off 99% of the bacteria, and so far as you can tell, you're well again. Most of them are dead, and you feel fine by day 2 of your 7 day prescription.

Except that now, you've got that resilient 1% of bacteria left. Each and every one of those bacteria will begin reproducing, now that you've killed off their competition for resources and stopped taking the antibiotics which were slowly killing them off. As they do, there's once again random mutation. A few days/weeks later, your infection comes back; or perhaps some have transferred elsewhere into the environment. Due to having killed off the lower 99% of the bell curve, this new normal distribution of mutations has its center at the extreme edge of the origin distribution; some will be killed off after a while of that antibiotic, but most can survive for long periods of time with that particular antibiotic. They may not be entirely immune, but they are highly resistant to the point where you simply won't be able to effectively kill them off with that particular medicine anymore. Congratulations, you now have antibiotic resistant bacteria in your system.

For something generally minimally-contagious like an ear infection, this may not be too bad (aside from having an ear infection for several weeks that is); you just take a different antibiotic the second time. However, the bacteria causing that ear infection isn't the only bacteria you have in you. Antibiotics effect all bacteria in your body at the same time, be they in your ear or in your gut. You may be aiming to cure the ear infection, but you're doing the same thing to whatever other bacteria you happen to have in you. Which is why you really need to finish any antibiotics you are prescribed; you may feel better, but if you don't kill off all the bacteria, you may simply end up breeding the next MRSA.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41453 on: December 16, 2013, 10:51:07 pm »

I went to see the new Hobbit movie.

I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #41454 on: December 16, 2013, 11:14:32 pm »

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41456 on: December 16, 2013, 11:31:36 pm »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #41457 on: December 17, 2013, 02:29:18 am »

Just looked outside and the sky is completely and utterly pink/purple.

Truly, I know why the clouds get all these nice colors in the morning and evening, but I hadn't seen completely pink yet.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41458 on: December 17, 2013, 02:38:22 am »

I'm not particularly learned of drug lore, but I've always been aware that Marijuana has no extra-personal negative effects. It's not even addicting enough to cause someone to run a family bank account dry buying shittons of it, IIRC.

Though on a personal level, the negative effects are exactly what you'd expect from breathing in smoke. It really ought to be legalized in the U.S, or Tobbacco outlawed, since on a societal level they're the same effect; People die of lung cancer. Also, once people start putting rat poison in joints on a mass scale people might start having a more definite reason to not do that shit outside of jailtime, which has surprisingly little effect, it seems.

But I'm going to defer to Hanslanda, who is to drugs what Dumbledore is to magic... And knowing Dumbles, probably some drugs too. (Dumbledore's Ipod is full of this)

Marijuana contains about three times much tar as does tobacco, BUT it contains somewhat fewer carcinogens. It is STILL smoke though, so it contains a LOT of carcinogens, but if you smoke pot, you're more likely to die of COPD complications than cancer. The negative effects can be almost entirely neutralized by making it into edibles. The only remaining negative effects are... It being illegal.

Marijuana is not physically addictive, but it can cause psychological dependence. Some people come to believe they need marijuana to survive, but they don't. They're just weak minded. Marijuana has very little withdrawal symptoms, due to the way it binds with your fat cells (lipids?). It releases very slowly over about a month, rather than within a couple days, like with opiates. So withdrawal is, "I am somewhat anxious today." rather than, "I am puking, I feel like dying."
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41459 on: December 17, 2013, 03:32:14 am »

So you say opioid withdrawals would be eased if the substance accumulated in the fatty tissues of the body?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.
Pages: 1 ... 2762 2763 [2764] 2765 2766 ... 11037