Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2733 2734 [2735] 2736 2737 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14432694 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #41010 on: December 06, 2013, 12:07:21 am »

I passed like three different vehicles on the drive home that were just pulled up on the side of the road, lights flashing, with the driver in the driver's seat doing nothing but staring straight ahead.  Odd, to say the least.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #41011 on: December 06, 2013, 12:45:05 am »

What line is that?
Here.

A spell with a casting time of 1 free action doesn’t count against your normal limit of one spell per round.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #41012 on: December 06, 2013, 01:09:25 am »

I passed like three different vehicles on the drive home that were just pulled up on the side of the road, lights flashing, with the driver in the driver's seat doing nothing but staring straight ahead.  Odd, to say the least.
The apocalypse! Zombie virus!

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41013 on: December 06, 2013, 01:26:24 am »

Aliens!
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #41014 on: December 06, 2013, 03:53:59 am »

Aliens!

Zombie aliens!
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41015 on: December 06, 2013, 04:01:47 am »

Aliens!

Zombie aliens!
Chrysalids?

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41016 on: December 06, 2013, 04:18:11 am »

No at the moment it's too early for Chrysalids. If there are Chrysalids then the aliens are cheating, we don't even have laser weapons yet!
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41017 on: December 06, 2013, 04:32:02 am »

That never stopped them whenever I had to deal with them...

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41018 on: December 06, 2013, 04:53:26 am »

That never stopped them whenever I had to deal with them...
In that case we're probably screwed.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #41019 on: December 06, 2013, 11:28:00 am »

Euro Truck Simulator 4.

Decided that it's not really my cup of tea, maybe my brother (who designs stuff for DAF trucks) would like it more. The polish on this game is amazing, though. While driving my truck through Osnabrueck, Germany, I notice that the car in front of me has a license plate from Osnabrueck. That type of attention to detail is WTF-awesome.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41020 on: December 06, 2013, 11:50:06 am »

The polish on this game is amazing, though. ... That type of attention to detail is WTF-awesome.

It's a German automobile-related game, right? This should come as no surprise :p
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41021 on: December 06, 2013, 11:55:50 am »

My bus route has been shut down today because of snow. SNOW THAT'S NOT REALLY THERE, at least on the roads. Bah. I'm missing the end of a movie in English class that I need to watch so I can compare it to a different movie.

What is it with my school and doing dumb things with buses? Maybe there was more snow in the morning or in a different area of the route or something. Still, I'm not too far from town, so it shouldn't have been shut down.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #41022 on: December 06, 2013, 12:02:25 pm »

I vivisected a rat alive today.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41023 on: December 06, 2013, 12:04:16 pm »

My bus route has been shut down today because of snow. SNOW THAT'S NOT REALLY THERE, at least on the roads. Bah. I'm missing the end of a movie in English class that I need to watch so I can compare it to a different movie.

What is it with my school and doing dumb things with buses? Maybe there was more snow in the morning or in a different area of the route or something. Still, I'm not too far from town, so it shouldn't have been shut down.
Wait, schools actually close for snow?  I thought that was a myth.  I live in northern Texas, had what felt like 3 ft. of snow one year, and still had to go to school.  The only time I ever remember schools actually closing was when it was literally a death-trap on the roads.  The ice was probably 5 inches thick everywhere.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #41024 on: December 06, 2013, 12:19:27 pm »

Huh. I wish I had snow, even if it was imaginary.

WINTER AIR IS SO DRYYYY
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 2733 2734 [2735] 2736 2737 ... 11039