Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2680 2681 [2682] 2683 2684 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14474909 times)

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #40215 on: November 15, 2013, 04:44:15 pm »

Eh, it wasn't really about genital mutilation. Just a step up from protests he's done before, possibly due to increasing desperation. Can't say I blame him, either. As protest goes, it's less permanent and practically as evocative as self-immolation. Certainly a very vivid representation of powerlessness, to say the least.

I'm pretty sure it was about genital mutilation.  Maybe with a side of pretentious douchebaggery.

Yummy yummy in my tummy.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40216 on: November 15, 2013, 04:46:12 pm »

Has anyone ever thought that many of the secret societies are somewhat immoral and clearly self-interested?

Let me be more clear though

Like the Men in Black. On some level you can understand that yeah people are not ready for the knowledge of alien life. Yet the men in black clearly profit off of their business practices and take no steps in preparing the populous for this as well they directly control the governments of the world and the minds of the populous (being our world's secret dictators). Add in that these aliens are of human concern (what with the number of them that mass murder) and it seems kind of vicious.

wat

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #40217 on: November 15, 2013, 05:05:20 pm »

Eh, it wasn't really about genital mutilation. Just a step up from protests he's done before, possibly due to increasing desperation. Can't say I blame him, either. As protest goes, it's less permanent and practically as evocative as self-immolation. Certainly a very vivid representation of powerlessness, to say the least.

I'm pretty sure it was about genital mutilation.  Maybe with a side of pretentious douchebaggery.

Yummy yummy in my tummy.
It wasn't genital mutilation for the sake of genital mutilation. And there's a sentence I never thought I'd write. Incidentally, I've never heard either genital mutilation or pretentious douchebaggery described in the same terms that a child would use for candy.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40218 on: November 15, 2013, 05:10:24 pm »

Yummy yummy in my tummy.
It wasn't genital mutilation for the sake of genital mutilation. And there's a sentence I never thought I'd write. Incidentally, I've never heard either genital mutilation or pretentious douchebaggery described in the same terms that a child would use for candy.

Watch the South Park episode 'Ginger Cow'.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40219 on: November 15, 2013, 06:13:52 pm »

After a few weird coincidences, I've confirmed that the computer I recently built freeze-crashes about 80% of the time if I take a cell phone call while sitting near it. My old problem in this office was that the old speakers that were going out would start playing some schizophrenic morse code about 5 seconds before any call or text, but I still found this latest development pretty damn weird. Maybe the mobo wasn't grounded properly or something, but everything has run peachy keen except for this issue. I'll probably just sacrifice a Nokia phone and smear its battery acid on the case to give it counter-juju, or make a tasteful tin foil hat for it.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40220 on: November 15, 2013, 06:36:15 pm »

How does one sacrifice a Nokia phone?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #40221 on: November 15, 2013, 06:42:20 pm »

You call upon the nord gods in order to bring this almighty weapon of mass to the halls of Valhalla where they will be put to rest until Ragnarok.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40222 on: November 15, 2013, 06:45:53 pm »

There's a few secret ways one can destroy a Nokia phone.

Kydrasz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40223 on: November 15, 2013, 06:48:32 pm »

You take it here and toss it in.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 06:50:49 pm by Kydrasz »
Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Spoiler: Inspirational words (click to show/hide)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40224 on: November 15, 2013, 07:10:05 pm »

You actually bludgeon it with a GameBoy.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #40225 on: November 15, 2013, 07:10:11 pm »

You take it here and toss it in.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Don't do that, you'll just cause earthquakes as it bounces around the mantel.
You actually bludgeon it with a GameBoy.
Please note that the unlicensed creation of antimatter through this method is considered a felony.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #40226 on: November 15, 2013, 07:33:07 pm »

I dropped my Galaxy S4 into water yesterday T_T It didn't turn off, go weird, or any strange stuff, but I took the battery out and put it in a bed of rice anyways. I hope it's ok!

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40227 on: November 15, 2013, 07:42:33 pm »

I dropped my Galaxy S4 into water yesterday T_T It didn't turn off, go weird, or any strange stuff, but I took the battery out and put it in a bed of rice anyways. I hope it's ok!
For what it's worth, the Moto X seems to be practically indestructible. I've dropped it a good few times and nothing I'll has yet come of it.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #40228 on: November 15, 2013, 07:44:37 pm »

most cellies can survive a quick dip before things happen.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #40229 on: November 15, 2013, 07:47:05 pm »

... rice?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 2680 2681 [2682] 2683 2684 ... 11037