Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2677 2678 [2679] 2680 2681 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14477117 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #40170 on: November 14, 2013, 09:47:05 am »

It's probably why people think he's boring! :D

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40171 on: November 14, 2013, 10:14:49 am »

I had eight vials of my blood drawn out of me yesterday after having fasted for about seventeen hours. Needless to say I'm still exhausted after that, but what surprises me is that one of my doctors apparently ordered eight tests. I don't know whether to think she is harassing me or if she cares more than my previous physician. I'm confused as these kinds of emotions are foreign to me.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #40172 on: November 14, 2013, 10:22:17 am »

Eight vials is the number that tends to be drawn when they're doing a full battery of tests, from what I've seen.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #40173 on: November 14, 2013, 05:02:43 pm »

I still can't believe there are schools that teach Shakespeare with all the sex and humor edited out. That's half the goddamn point!
I went to a private Christian high school and our teacher explicitly pointed those things out to us.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40174 on: November 14, 2013, 06:22:58 pm »

I still can't believe there are schools that teach Shakespeare with all the sex and humor edited out. That's half the goddamn point!
I went to a private Christian high school and our teacher explicitly pointed those things out to us.
I was in one special education for three years of high school. We had Harry Potter read to us and the feminist hippie teacher who did the reading kept on mispronouncing Hermione as "HER-ME-ON". Then in my senior year English class I wrote a 20 page term paper on anthropomorphism in pop culture and mythology, got an A+ and was able to stay on my teacher's computer the entire class playing Neopets and downloading custom content for The Sims.

This was similar to my junior high algebra class, when I was beginning to transfer from one class to another as part of some special education program, where in one class we played craps with our grades and I won sixty times in a row. As a result I got an A+ and was excused from the final and got to spend the entire class playing Neopets and downloading SNES ROMs. I had the same teacher for both classes.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40175 on: November 14, 2013, 06:28:24 pm »

I was in one special education for three years of high school. We had Harry Potter read to us and the feminist hippie teacher who did the reading kept on mispronouncing Hermione as "HER-ME-ON". Then in my senior year English class I wrote a 20 page term paper on anthropomorphism in pop culture and mythology, got an A+ and was able to stay on my teacher's computer the entire class playing Neopets and downloading custom content for The Sims.

This was similar to my junior high algebra class, when I was beginning to transfer from one class to another as part of some special education program, where in one class we played craps with our grades and I won sixty times in a row. As a result I got an A+ and was excused from the final and got to spend the entire class playing Neopets and downloading SNES ROMs. I had the same teacher for both classes.
If we're sharing stories about goofing off in class: My micro-economics class is really chill: because he grades on a point scale, and drops the lowest test grade, including the final, I got an A about half way through the semester. I no longer have to take tests or quizzes, so I've spent the class on Bay12, screwing around.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40176 on: November 14, 2013, 06:50:28 pm »

If we're sharing stories about goofing off in class: My micro-economics class is really chill: because he grades on a point scale, and drops the lowest test grade, including the final, I got an A about half way through the semester. I no longer have to take tests or quizzes, so I've spent the class on Bay12, screwing around.

With all of the screwing around I did and with how the teachers gave me a lighter course load because I was a special needs student I almost didn't graduate. They had to pull strings to get me to graduate. Furthermore I wasn't prepared for college because of it and combining that with my diagnosis I had to drop out of college three times before they told me that I'm on the verge of dismissal and if I go back and drop out a fourth time I'll be banned from said college for life. Trust me when I say it's better to do the school work than to goof around on the internet.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #40177 on: November 14, 2013, 07:02:51 pm »

Took a computer-based art class in high school. Good times. I, and a buddy, always got the work done ahead of time, and since the teacher was clear that doing the work competently was the only criterion for success, we spend most of our time playing Scorched Earth 2000, which I can't believe is still up.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #40178 on: November 14, 2013, 07:08:24 pm »

When we took the introductory computer class my freshman year of high school, I'd do the entire quarter's work (each quarter of the year was devoted to a different Office app), on the first day, as I already knew how to use Office. I thus spent two hours a day for essentially the entire school year teaching myself Autodesk Inventor and playing Flash games.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40179 on: November 14, 2013, 07:17:42 pm »

Just had a bunch of seriously fucked-up dreams.

The one just before I woke up (the tamest one) involved some crazy drive-by gun battle between multiple cars at the bottom of my street, while I was just strolling along talking on the phone.

The earlier dream/s was pretty shocking... I don't remember it very well but I stabbed some guy to death in one part, then later (i think it was later, anyway) my sister went insane after I/my family had pissed her off somehow, came after me with a gun and I ended up killing her, too.  And then I had to walk some detective through what had happened in both cases, trying to prove it was self-defence.

Needless to say, I don't feel particularly rested after all that. O.o
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40180 on: November 14, 2013, 07:22:49 pm »

I was fiddling with a deck of Tarot cards thinking about North Korea. I cut the deck and I got the devil. That is the second time I have experienced this.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #40181 on: November 14, 2013, 07:47:54 pm »

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40182 on: November 14, 2013, 08:44:33 pm »

I was fiddling with a deck of Tarot cards thinking about North Korea. I cut the deck and I got the devil. That is the second time I have experienced this.
This doesn't surprise me. Not sure why.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40183 on: November 14, 2013, 09:50:34 pm »

When we took the introductory computer class my freshman year of high school, I'd do the entire quarter's work (each quarter of the year was devoted to a different Office app), on the first day, as I already knew how to use Office. I thus spent two hours a day for essentially the entire school year teaching myself Autodesk Inventor and playing Flash games.
I took a web-design class sophomore year that basically proceeded the same way for me. I expected more of a challenge.

But replace "day" with "week" and "Autodesk Inventor and Flash games" with "Photoshop and Wikipedia surfing".
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40184 on: November 14, 2013, 10:36:46 pm »

Took a test today.  4 questions.  I got a 25%.   I had all the formulas and it was open book, open computer, but none of my answers matched any of the multiple choice answers.   I even used wolfram alpha and plugged in each answer into the formula to do a truth test,  all came out false.

That points to the formulas being wrong but I checked the chapter in the book and it appears to be the only formula that addresses the problem.  This is why I hate math.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 2677 2678 [2679] 2680 2681 ... 11037