Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2662 2663 [2664] 2665 2666 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14443535 times)

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #39945 on: November 09, 2013, 01:23:41 pm »

Through the thread about statting Kool-Aid Man, I found this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9Jl6HlX3bM

That may be one of the best trailers for a browser ever.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #39946 on: November 09, 2013, 01:48:40 pm »

Through the thread about statting Kool-Aid Man, I found this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9Jl6HlX3bM

That may be one of the best trailers for a browser ever.
We know. It's a little unnerving to be honest. It makes you wonder exactly what was going through the head of the person who proposed this (Hey Bosses, I have a idea, Magic Girls) and what was going through Microsoft's head when they agreed.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #39947 on: November 09, 2013, 01:55:21 pm »

So, in our Settlers of Catan experience, 11 has come up far more frequently than it should given the probability with fair dice.

Tonight, we played a 2-hour 6-player game. One guy had a double 11 tile. If the game weren't on a countertop, he might have flipped the table because we didn't roll a single 11 until he ragequit.

Also, quoting Pulp Fiction at people is wonderful. Especially every single word spoken by Samuel L. Jackson in that movie.
In my experience, Catan dice are strange and magical beings that exist in dimensions beyond our own. Each game, they select a certain number to never, ever roll.

And conversely, there is That One Number that gets rolled way to frequently than probability would have it.

E: A lot of Fun happens when said number is 7.
Yes, I forgot to mention that one.
One of the expansion came with an easy to use 12-sided die. Non weighted, so it eliminated a large part of the tactical aspect of the game.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #39948 on: November 09, 2013, 02:38:12 pm »

Oh, also, when he ragequit but was still in the room, the first number rolled was an 11.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39949 on: November 09, 2013, 04:51:12 pm »

I noticed flakes of fibreglass (or something) in the water poured from the tap today. Maybe I found the reason for my blood-flavoured coughs lately... this can't be healthful. O_o

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #39950 on: November 09, 2013, 04:52:40 pm »

Yeah, don't drink that. Send it off for analysis. If results are bad, get a lawyer to make terrifying legal threats towards your water provider.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39951 on: November 09, 2013, 04:56:25 pm »

Ooh, a city lawsuit!!

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #39952 on: November 09, 2013, 05:01:41 pm »

Yeah, don't drink that. Send it off for analysis. If results are bad, get a lawyer to make terrifying legal threats towards your water provider.
It's like waving a legal sword at them.

Maybe waving a briefcase?

Swordcase.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #39953 on: November 09, 2013, 05:07:39 pm »

Some kind of document scabbard?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #39954 on: November 09, 2013, 05:27:33 pm »

I had a dream last night that meteors and fireballs were raining from the sky and destroying my town. One of the kids at school decides that Trixie (as in the MLP character) was the cause of this, and I just go along with it. I leave school, going out to a treehouse in the woods where Trixie supposedly is. My ex-girlfriend is with me for some reason. Along the way, a meteor strikes in town and the fireball extends all the way into the woods. We manage to avoid it by lying on the ground behind some trees.

We arrive at the shack, and Trixie is there drinking wine. Sadly, I don't remember how she managed to hold a wine glass without fingers (all I remember is that she wasn't using magic). She sees me and turns in surprise, but I kick the wine glass and the shards cut up her face. I then suplexed her into a box of wine glasses and kicked the box down some stairs that happened to be there.

With Trixie brutally murdered, my ex and I head back into town. Along the way I see that there's a lot of new pizza places, including a Star Wars-themed one called Pizza Clones. Even though I explain to everybody that I killed a pony out in the woods, everyone seems to think that ghosts were to blame for the destruction. A Mario game entirely focused around Boos is made in my honor and presented by Shigeru Miyamoto, even as I try to explain to him that it wasn't ghosts at all. A few other things happened that I don't really remember, and then I woke up.

Finally, I had a weird dream that I actually remembered.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39955 on: November 09, 2013, 05:45:50 pm »

I noticed flakes of fibreglass (or something) in the water poured from the tap today. Maybe I found the reason for my blood-flavoured coughs lately... this can't be healthful. O_o

Maybe the problem is your faucet.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #39956 on: November 09, 2013, 05:47:49 pm »

Longsword made out of legal documents?

Suppose they'd have to be wary of papercuts...

Imagine a thousand papercuts inflicted with a single slash...

This weapon would be banned by Geneva Convention.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39957 on: November 09, 2013, 06:31:34 pm »

Maybe the problem is your faucet.

Possibly. I'm on the bottled water until we can get it checked out.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #39958 on: November 09, 2013, 06:46:28 pm »

I've just helped to perform a trichomatomy on a cat.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39959 on: November 09, 2013, 06:48:59 pm »

Whaaaaa? Thracheometry?
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 2662 2663 [2664] 2665 2666 ... 11040