Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2661 2662 [2663] 2664 2665 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14444023 times)

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #39930 on: November 09, 2013, 12:23:08 am »

So are we talking millions or billions here?
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39931 on: November 09, 2013, 12:31:08 am »

Over.

Hard to believe that they bothered to contact you over a few cents?
We're talking a few tens of thousands of cents.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39932 on: November 09, 2013, 12:32:28 am »

Over.

Hard to believe that they bothered to contact you over a few cents?
We're talking a few tens of thousands of cents.
Woot. That's enough to get the party truck started! I mean, it's not enough to fuel it up all the way, but it'll get it rollin'.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39934 on: November 09, 2013, 01:28:42 am »

An odd Spacebattles thread leads to people starting out the Kool Aid Man.
The implication of that final stat sheet is that if you could capture a Kool-Aid man, you could farm the kool-aid indefinitely and sell the alchemical product at a 15:1 markup from your material costs.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #39935 on: November 09, 2013, 02:37:35 am »

So, in our Settlers of Catan experience, 11 has come up far more frequently than it should given the probability with fair dice.

Tonight, we played a 2-hour 6-player game. One guy had a double 11 tile. If the game weren't on a countertop, he might have flipped the table because we didn't roll a single 11 until he ragequit.

Also, quoting Pulp Fiction at people is wonderful. Especially every single word spoken by Samuel L. Jackson in that movie.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #39936 on: November 09, 2013, 02:41:14 am »

The implication of that final stat sheet is that if you could capture a Kool-Aid man, you could farm the kool-aid indefinitely and sell the alchemical product at a 15:1 markup from your material costs.
But the thing can teleport anywhere behind an obstruction. It's unstoppable!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39937 on: November 09, 2013, 03:26:10 am »

Also, quoting Pulp Fiction at people is wonderful. Especially every single word spoken by Samuel L. Jackson in that movie.
Indeed it is, indeed it is.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #39938 on: November 09, 2013, 07:20:29 am »

But the thing can teleport anywhere behind an obstruction. It's unstoppable!
The obvious answer is to make a really nice obstruction to keep it behind.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #39939 on: November 09, 2013, 09:14:41 am »

So, in our Settlers of Catan experience, 11 has come up far more frequently than it should given the probability with fair dice.

Tonight, we played a 2-hour 6-player game. One guy had a double 11 tile. If the game weren't on a countertop, he might have flipped the table because we didn't roll a single 11 until he ragequit.

In my experience, Catan dice are strange and magical beings that exist in dimensions beyond our own. Each game, they select a certain number to never, ever roll.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #39940 on: November 09, 2013, 09:29:39 am »

In my experience, Catan dice are strange and magical beings that exist in dimensions beyond our own. Each game, they select a certain number to never, ever roll.

And conversely, there is That One Number that gets rolled way to frequently than probability would have it.

E: A lot of Fun happens when said number is 7.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #39941 on: November 09, 2013, 09:33:49 am »

And conversely, there is That One Number that gets rolled way to frequently than probability would have it.

E: A lot of Fun happens when said number is 7.
Yes, I forgot to mention that one.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #39942 on: November 09, 2013, 10:42:28 am »

Fruitless reverse image search lead to the reminder that political cartoons get rather odd.

Also, black and white (/greyscale) reverse search leads a lot of rather strange stuff.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39943 on: November 09, 2013, 01:01:58 pm »

I can't tell if that one guy is just drawn sketchily or is need of a pair of pants.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #39944 on: November 09, 2013, 01:20:15 pm »

Fairly sure he's just wearing tights. I think the guy's supposed to be Napoleon, and he was often depicted wearing those tight white abominations pants.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 2661 2662 [2663] 2664 2665 ... 11040