Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2645 2646 [2647] 2648 2649 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14460506 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #39690 on: November 03, 2013, 03:57:31 pm »

you'd be surprised how much overarching bullshit i throw in there and how little it matters in the end but i play it out anyway without ever writing it down and it gets more chaotic than a walmart a tiny tiny bit before christmas

quality gming

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39691 on: November 03, 2013, 06:58:50 pm »

So, I was looking through the Deus Ex wiki for reasons, and just... what.

According to the sign, the last gas prices before the store closed got no higher than $4.05/gallon of premium gas. In modern-day, highly-populated areas of the United States, this is hardly unheard of, as it can exceed this price in lower-quality fuels.
How even is this a thing?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #39692 on: November 03, 2013, 07:01:59 pm »

Taxes on fuel, that's how. Someone decides they need to tax gasoline providers more so they aren't making as large a profit, so the gasoline providers raise their prices to avoid losing profit/coming too close to spending more than they get back. So the taxes go up again, raising the prices higher. And again. And again...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39693 on: November 03, 2013, 09:15:29 pm »

I had to google to check whether that was surprisingly high or surprisingly low. :P

Gas prices in Canada are shown in litres, but some quick maths tells me that I'm used to paying approximately $4.50-$4.75 per gallon for regular gas, and I live in one of the cheaper areas for it.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #39694 on: November 03, 2013, 09:26:37 pm »

Yeah, gas is quite cheap in the US from what I recall. Europe is typically around $5-$7 a gallon.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #39695 on: November 03, 2013, 09:40:17 pm »

"satire" being used as an excuse for trolling
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 10:32:31 pm by Putnam »

Kydrasz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39696 on: November 03, 2013, 09:52:36 pm »

When I found out my grandmother was given an iPad by her eldest, and she knows how to use it. This was my grandmother who didn't know how to use her phone, and half of my WTF comes from the fact only her eldest child is giving her gifts (She has 9 children).
Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Spoiler: Inspirational words (click to show/hide)

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #39697 on: November 03, 2013, 10:12:48 pm »

When I found out my grandmother was given an iPad by her eldest, and she knows how to use it. This was my grandmother who didn't know how to use her phone, and half of my WTF comes from the fact only her eldest child is giving her gifts (She has 9 children).
I still don't know how to use my phone, and I'm a programmer. :P

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39698 on: November 03, 2013, 10:15:01 pm »

When people say "phone" my first mental image is still of an old handset with the coiled wire.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39699 on: November 03, 2013, 10:30:38 pm »

When people say "phone" my first mental image is still of an old handset with the coiled wire.
Same here. You've got to be specific with me when talking about phones. If you say "phone" I'll think of a land line. If you say "cellphone" I'll think of something like what was common between 2004 and 2008. If you say "smartphone" then I'll think of what people call "phones" these days out of sheer laziness and stupidity.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39700 on: November 03, 2013, 10:33:45 pm »

Well... I do have Telephonetic powers.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #39701 on: November 03, 2013, 10:34:33 pm »

It's sort of weird to realize that I've been using the same, beat-up flip open phone for the past year or two and my Grandma is buying a shiny new smartphone whenever one comes out.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39702 on: November 03, 2013, 10:37:45 pm »

My sickness is causing me to sing Panzerkampf by Sabaton and slur all of the words. Basically I'm acting like I'm drunk.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #39703 on: November 03, 2013, 10:38:31 pm »

It's sort of weird to realize that I've been using the same, beat-up flip open phone for the past year or two and my Grandma is buying a shiny new smartphone whenever one comes out.
I'm still using the phone I got when I started highschool; and I'm done will university now.

But it's on my parents' plan still, which means it's free. :P

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39704 on: November 03, 2013, 10:40:31 pm »

My grandmother likes it when I call her Gramma for some reason. She is one of my two friends on Facebook, the other one being my mother. I don't know where I'm going with this.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.
Pages: 1 ... 2645 2646 [2647] 2648 2649 ... 11040