Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2636 2637 [2638] 2639 2640 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14464731 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #39555 on: October 30, 2013, 04:42:53 pm »

Youtube comments, why do you have such strange people who have the intelligence of dumbbells?

That's basically all of humanity.
There is something to be said for intelligent and not-rude people purposefully avoiding a place known for insane comments. It feeds on itself.
Well, that's assuming intelligent people, in all of their infinite internet wisdom and maturity avoid these places. All of the websites that just seem like random, unintelligent gibberish is arguably just what happens when you remove much of the filters and restraints someone in real-life has to abide by.
But do you spend time there? I don't. I suggest a significant number of the people on this board avoid it, and others click it out of pleasure in watching perversity. Hell this discussion itself could not be had if this was the case.

A segment of society is there. Society itself is more, diverse.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #39556 on: October 30, 2013, 04:44:50 pm »

Youtube comments, why do you have such strange people who have the intelligence of dumbbells?

There is something to be said for intelligent and not-rude people purposefully avoiding a place known for insane comments. It feeds on itself.
Well, that's assuming intelligent people, in all of their infinite internet wisdom and maturity avoid these places. All of the websites that just seem like random, unintelligent gibberish is arguably just what happens when you remove much of the filters and restraints someone in real-life has to abide by.
But do you spend time there? I don't. I suggest a significant number of the people on this board avoid it, and others click it out of pleasure in watching perversity. Hell this discussion itself could not be had if this was the case.

Not often admittedly, I just find the idea of oversimplifying it to the point where people will just go "Oh, smart people don't go there!" extremely pretentious.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #39557 on: October 30, 2013, 04:47:32 pm »

Not often admittedly, I just find the idea of oversimplifying it to the point where people will just go "Oh, smart people don't go there!" extremely pretentious.

No - the idea is that it's a feedback loop of assholes scaring everyone else off, therefore the concentration of douchebags increases.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #39558 on: October 30, 2013, 04:53:55 pm »

No - the idea is that it's a feedback loop of assholes scaring everyone else off, therefore the concentration of douchebags increases.
That's what happens to any community (Although Youtube is an extremely loose community) that has little to no investment in personal identification/reputation. I highly prefer it to the opposite, which funnily enough Youtube is trying to push in which it becomes more similar to websites like Facebook in terms of identification. Besides, what is and isn't considered a "douchebag" or "asshole" varies from person to person and depends largely on the context.

I'm rambling at this point, but what I'm trying to get at for no particular reason in the slightest is that since the Internet is coming to the point where it's assumed your real-life persona is supposed to be transferred over and more or less serve as your internet persona as well, it's nice to have places that are the complete opposite, even if people view it as complete shit.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39559 on: October 30, 2013, 05:03:09 pm »

That's what happens to any community (Although Youtube is an extremely loose community) that has little to no investment in personal identification/reputation. I highly prefer it to the opposite, which funnily enough Youtube is trying to push in which it becomes more similar to websites like Facebook in terms of identification. Besides, what is and isn't considered a "douchebag" or "asshole" varies from person to person and depends largely on the context.

I'm rambling at this point, but what I'm trying to get at for no particular reason in the slightest is that since the Internet is coming to the point where it's assumed your real-life persona is supposed to be transferred over and more or less serve as your internet persona as well, it's nice to have places that are the complete opposite, even if people view it as complete shit.
(Quotes trimmed) I know, and I agree, but it still holds the fact that a single place where people are allowed to do and say bad shit is likely to have worse things then a hypothetical situation where this is always the case: The novelty of "Fuck you Kenyan Muslim president" would where off. If Youtube comments were perfectly anonymous, but everyone had to post, they would be more sensible (even if that system was annoying).

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39560 on: October 30, 2013, 06:04:11 pm »

Oh hey, look at that. They've put CDs made by some of the students in the music programs on display. Shame that there's no way we could actually listen to the--

Why the hell did they nail the CDs to the display case!? I'm serious here. They didn't put a pin through the hole in the CD like a sane person would, they took a hammer and a nail and drove it through the plastic, into the back of the display case!

There are bent pins at the bottom of the case, meaning that they tried earlier with the proper tools to do it, but they couldn't figure out to put it through the middle of the CD?

What genius did this? Some of them are completely cracked and are practically falling apart because of the extent of the damage.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #39561 on: October 30, 2013, 06:35:57 pm »

Why the hell did they nail the CDs to the display case!? I'm serious here. They didn't put a pin through the hole in the CD like a sane person would, they took a hammer and a nail and drove it through the plastic, into the back of the display case!
What genius did this? Some of them are completely cracked and are practically falling apart because of the extent of the damage.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39562 on: October 30, 2013, 06:57:31 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

One of the students who made the CDs was crying in front of the display because that CD had the only copy of the music he recorded on it.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39563 on: October 30, 2013, 08:16:03 pm »

There is a subreddit dedicated to me.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #39564 on: October 30, 2013, 08:28:27 pm »

One of the students who made the CDs was crying in front of the display because that CD had the only copy of the music he recorded on it.
:'(
:'( :'( :'(

Yeah, if one of my CDs were there I'd be upset too. Especially if it was an only copy.  That sucks. I almost hope that display is some kind of avant-garde sarcastic modern art thing, because otherwise I can't imagine why they did it in the first place.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39565 on: October 30, 2013, 08:33:55 pm »

Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #39566 on: October 30, 2013, 08:38:30 pm »

Well, I subscribed.

gild me plz

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39567 on: October 30, 2013, 08:43:26 pm »

:'( :'( :'(

Yeah, if one of my CDs were there I'd be upset too. Especially if it was an only copy.  That sucks. I almost hope that display is some kind of avant-garde sarcastic modern art thing, because otherwise I can't imagine why they did it in the first place.

Probably because they got an idiot who couldn't figure out that CDs have a hole in the center. I highly doubt they would have purposely done that to CDs that had data on them.

Still, since they are on display, it means that they were likely already marked. Hopefully, at least, so that the only thing lost was time and a bit of plastic.

I hope that the teacher had enough brains to have saved copies of the music for the purpose of marking.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39568 on: October 30, 2013, 08:43:47 pm »

There is a subreddit dedicated to me.
Well then. Stop being so awesome, and people will stop making things about you.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #39569 on: October 30, 2013, 08:47:56 pm »

Welcome to Reality.
Pages: 1 ... 2636 2637 [2638] 2639 2640 ... 11040