Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2633 2634 [2635] 2636 2637 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14467335 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #39510 on: October 30, 2013, 09:22:10 am »

It would be quite difficult to fit a T-Rex inside a truck cabin, you know. Therefore I am not a T-Rex.

The goddess of hookers may partake of the form those those she blows. The effect lingers, and persists across incarnations. By recalling the appropriate memories, Sirus may, indeed, become a T-Rex.

He doesn't, though. That would mean remembering exactly what the goddess of hookers was getting up to back in the Cretaceous period.
No. Just no.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #39511 on: October 30, 2013, 09:22:35 am »

It's almost like YHWH's a level 20 Wizard trying to prevent anyone else from becoming wizards to challenge him.
We had this debate somewhere back on one of these threads. Since most of the miracle-like clerical spells are based on miracles described in the Bible, it makes sense that Jesus would be a cleric. The debate, if I recall correctly, hinged on whether or not Jesus used an outsider template, because then only a True Resurrection would work for raising him.

Also, some context. Magic, as far as the Hebrews considered it, was granted by consorting with dark powers and such. Thus, if we apply DnD magic, the only class that they would consider evil would be warlocks. Probably.

EDIT: Also, I have fun reminding other Christians that Ezekiel was a wargamer. In one of his prophecies, he set up a little model of Jerusalem, and then began to show how utterly fucked they were.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 09:32:13 am by tahujdt »
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39512 on: October 30, 2013, 09:34:29 am »

It's almost like YHWH's a level 20 Wizard trying to prevent anyone else from becoming wizards to challenge him.
We had this debate somewhere back on one of these threads. Since most of the miracle-like clerical spells are based on miracles described in the Bible, it makes sense that Jesus would be a cleric. The debate, if I recall correctly, hinged on whether or not Jesus used an outsider template, because then only a True Resurrection would work for raising him.

Also, some context. Magic, as far as the Hebrews considered it, was granted by consorting with dark powers and such. Thus, if we apply DnD magic, the only class that they would consider evil would be warlocks. Probably.

EDIT: Also, I have fun reminding other Christians that Ezekiel was a wargamer. In one of his prophecies, he set up a little model of Jerusalem, and then began to show how utterly fucked they were.
"After that, the Bloodthirsters are going to sweep in from the west, and then..."

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39513 on: October 30, 2013, 11:19:18 am »

Neonivek has a habit of writing in a very stream-of-consciousness style

Well that is because it was. I was specifically trying to write the way I was thinking. Since the endless steam of consciousness was my WTF, since such an inane thing just caused me to suddenly have to go through a thousand things "just because".
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 11:23:28 am by Neonivek »

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39514 on: October 30, 2013, 11:29:54 am »

Neonivek has a habit of writing in a very stream-of-consciousness style

Well that is because it was. I was specifically trying to write the way I was thinking. Since the endless steam of consciousness was my WTF, since such an inane thing just caused me to suddenly have to go through a thousand things "just because".

streams of consciousness are a good thing to write if people can decode strings of consciousness and by all means are a good way of expressing your thought since it's unparsed thought and can't really be misinterpreted unless you misinterpret it in which case your strings are incompatible with the strings you're reading but that's how opinions are formed yo

what i'm saying is refrain from doing so because while i actually enjoy reading pure unprocessed thought more than their nicely packaged forms it's fairly annoying and confusing to others and they'll call you out on it many times which may end up with annoying you too? and if you start throwing annoyed strings around in response they're going to assume bad things and you don't want bad things hence they're called bad but as you may know bad things are subjective but overall you don't want to cause them unless you don't care much and your goal is to acquire reactions to the bad things.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39515 on: October 30, 2013, 11:34:48 am »

Yes, but your annoyance was my annoyance.

The goal was to put the reader in the same "state" as the writer.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39516 on: October 30, 2013, 11:35:44 am »

It would be quite difficult to fit a T-Rex inside a truck cabin, you know. Therefore I am not a T-Rex.
You're a dwarf T-rex
Well, I am growing a beard...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39517 on: October 30, 2013, 11:36:33 am »

You're a dwarf T-rex

Oddly enough in IVAN if you cheat to give yourself super stats...

You end up as a Blond bearded dwarf... A Super Saiyan Dwarf if you will.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39518 on: October 30, 2013, 11:39:31 am »

You're a dwarf T-rex

let's see...

o'sirius-bama the viceroy of new hookervegas and the cutest magical female dwarf t-rex to ever be purer than the most stereotypical victorian-era lady in a truck cabin whose cargo is are parties within themselves to be strategically unloaded at areas where they are most needed also the truck is a transformer

am i missing anything your story is growing out of hand
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 11:41:07 am by LordSlowpoke »

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #39519 on: October 30, 2013, 11:40:28 am »

Well, there's a relative of the tyrannosaurs which seems to have a preserved beard. Not a very impressive one, and it might just be a bit of loose flesh or something, but it COULD be a beard.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39520 on: October 30, 2013, 11:41:18 am »

Well, there's a relative of the tyrannosaurs which seems to have a preserved beard. Not a very impressive one, and it might just be a bit of loose flesh or something, but it COULD be a beard.

Wait... isn't that a Pokémon? The 6th generation seems to have a Beaded T-rex pokemon.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39521 on: October 30, 2013, 11:45:39 am »

You're a dwarf T-rex

let's see...

o'sirius-bama the viceroy of new hookervegas and the cutest magical female dwarf t-rex to ever be purer than the most stereotypical victorian-era lady in a truck cabin whose cargo is are parties within themselves to be strategically unloaded at areas where they are most needed also the truck is a transformer

am i missing anything your story is growing out of hand
Well, I don't think I've ever been declared Viceroy of anything...I'm most certainly not cute...I'm reasonably certain that I am not any sort of prehistoric creature...not that pure either despite my lack of any sort of experience...

So I think the story needs some pruning back, yes.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39522 on: October 30, 2013, 11:47:54 am »

I am not any sort of prehistoric creature

Well, if you want to get technical

You are.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #39523 on: October 30, 2013, 11:51:17 am »

Sirus the organism/personality/trucker, however is not.

Seriously. They didn't have trucks before history happened.

That's what They want you to think!
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39524 on: October 30, 2013, 11:51:44 am »

Well what I mean is...

Humans are "technically" prehistoric creatures. In that humans existed since before history.
Pages: 1 ... 2633 2634 [2635] 2636 2637 ... 11037