Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2622 2623 [2624] 2625 2626 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14460590 times)

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #39345 on: October 27, 2013, 08:51:52 pm »

wtf is up with this character:

҉

it shows up in the ҉middle of characters instead of after ҉them..҉.
Looking it up on Google reveals it is a "Combining Cyrillic Millions" sign. Apparently it is used in the Cyrillic numeral system (which I didn't know was even used anymore!), to indicate that the regular sign is multiplied by one million. The weird rendering is because of that "combining" part.

"Combining Cyrillic Millions" is a great esoteric name for an artsy rock band. Trademarked!
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39346 on: October 27, 2013, 09:58:38 pm »

Ok I have to share this story to you guys because it is the WEIRDEST case of a reversed role, in me, entirely changing my mind about a villain.

---

Ok so I was watching the Disney channel and the movie is basically about some kids who kidnap this man's dog and hold it for ransom. The Man who I will call Mr. Bucks actually doesn't want the dog back and tries to find ways for the kidnappers to keep it, but the kidnappers who actually don't want to harm the dog continuously lower their demands.

Why doesn't the man want the dog? Because it is his son's dog that he got him because his wife made him. Why does Buck care so much? Because he severe dog allergies and the dog is basically in the house.

Now... I at the time thought that man was very despicable for doing that and for the most part that hasn't changed too much.

Except now I have Asthma created by my cat allergy and a cat who "I" cannot get rid of. I also have taken Allergy medication and honestly I understand why people often dislike taking it, because after a while I just feel wonky. I love the cat, but I swear the second my sister gets a bigger place I will be happy to cart her off, because Asthma isn't fun and allergy medication isn't any fun (Heck my Asthma just made a mild illness into something that made me bed ridden for two days)

So now instead of seeing Mr. Bucks as the villain. I also see him as the victim and his son and wife as the secondary villains. You couldn't have a separate house for the dog? A dedicated dog room with good ventilation? Some sort of compromise so Mr. Bucks doesn't have to take prescription allergy medication everyday?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39347 on: October 27, 2013, 09:59:57 pm »

Ok I have to share this story to you guys because it is the WEIRDEST case of a reversed role, in me, entirely changing my mind about a villain.

---

Ok so I was watching the Disney channel and the movie is basically about some kids who kidnap this man's dog and hold it for ransom. The Man who I will call Mr. Bucks actually doesn't want the dog back and tries to find ways for the kidnappers to keep it, but the kidnappers who actually don't want to harm the dog continuously lower their demands.

Why doesn't the man want the dog? Because it is his son's dog that he got him because his wife made him. Why does Buck care so much? Because he severe dog allergies and the dog is basically in the house.

Now... I at the time thought that man was very despicable for doing that and for the most part that hasn't changed too much.

Except now I have Asthma created by my cat allergy and a cat who "I" cannot get rid of. I also have taken Allergy medication and honestly I understand why people often dislike taking it, because after a while I just feel wonky. I love the cat, but I swear the second my sister gets a bigger place I will be happy to cart her off, because Asthma isn't fun and allergy medication isn't any fun (Heck my Asthma just made a mild illness into something that made me bed ridden for two days)

So now instead of seeing Mr. Bucks as the villain. I also see him as the victim and his son and wife as the secondary villains. You couldn't have a separate house for the dog? A dedicated dog room with good ventilation? Some sort of compromise so Mr. Bucks doesn't have to take prescription allergy medication everyday?

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39348 on: October 27, 2013, 10:02:43 pm »

Huh. Lookit that spambot go. For corsets and diverse lingerie, no less. Between that and all the kitchenbots, our machine overlords must have a very odd-gendered opinion of these boards' use.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #39349 on: October 27, 2013, 10:13:08 pm »

Well, quite a lot of Halloween costumes I've seen have been composed of negative clothing, so they might have a point.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #39350 on: October 27, 2013, 10:28:08 pm »

Huh. Lookit that spambot go. For corsets and diverse lingerie, no less. Between that and all the kitchenbots, our machine overlords must have a very odd-gendered opinion of these boards' use.

It's a vicious cycle. Spambots tend to register as female, so marketing's like "oh look lots of women are on that site" and start bashing the site's brains in with frying pans and other "womanly" products, which brings more "female" spambots.

Also, we do have a pretty good amount of openly female users.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39351 on: October 27, 2013, 10:29:02 pm »

That borscht battle probably drew some cookware bots in too.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

lue

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:missing right bracket
    • View Profile
« Reply #39352 on: October 27, 2013, 10:29:42 pm »

wtf is up with this character:

҉

it shows up in the ҉middle of characters instead of after ҉them..҉.
Looking it up on Google reveals it is a "Combining Cyrillic Millions" sign. Apparently it is used in the Cyrillic numeral system (which I didn't know was even used anymore!), to indicate that the regular sign is multiplied by one million. The weird rendering is because of that "combining" part.

"Combining Cyrillic Millions" is a great esoteric name for an artsy rock band. Trademarked!

Conveniently, it doubles as a halo of light!   ☺ ҉
Post not guaranteed accurate or pristine for all of time.
Sigtext. Enticing, yes? If you do not know where things I have "sigged" go, this page will explain.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #39353 on: October 27, 2013, 10:31:07 pm »

We already have halo emotes. 0:)
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #39354 on: October 27, 2013, 10:35:20 pm »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #39355 on: October 27, 2013, 10:37:46 pm »

Not bad there.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39356 on: October 27, 2013, 10:50:56 pm »

First the cake, now this?

* NobodyPro wants you to tell him your secrets

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39357 on: October 27, 2013, 10:59:44 pm »

WITCH! WITCH! WITCH!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39358 on: October 27, 2013, 11:01:34 pm »

The night before last I dreamt that myself and Charles Manson teamed up with some volunteer/charity relief organization to distribute bright yellow raincoats to survivors of a combined apocalyptic flood and zombie outbreak.
I'm not quite sure how that was supposed to help, but oh well.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39359 on: October 27, 2013, 11:01:52 pm »

What is this heresy?!

Halo indicates the opposite, actually. Homosy? Heterosy? Halosy?
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin
Pages: 1 ... 2622 2623 [2624] 2625 2626 ... 11040