Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2620 2621 [2622] 2623 2624 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14461573 times)

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #39315 on: October 27, 2013, 12:17:45 am »

Quote from: Embittered Wandering Soul on the Internet
...attempting to infect me via internet hijack. "
INTERNET HIJACK‽ OH NO!

Guys... is there a Conservative Crime Squad, and is it responsible for making us look bad?
An interrobang!
You just made me happy.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #39316 on: October 27, 2013, 12:18:22 am »

An interrobang‽

Metal Gear‽

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #39317 on: October 27, 2013, 12:18:38 am »

Wow, we provide a poor customer experience and we aren't even selling a product!  That's impressive.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39318 on: October 27, 2013, 12:18:53 am »

Funnily enough, I was briefly checking the forums via TOR the other day (because of reasons), and the first exit node TOR tried to use had apparently been banned from here because of Toadburger. Damn his internet hijacks!
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

lue

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:missing right bracket
    • View Profile
« Reply #39319 on: October 27, 2013, 12:33:08 am »

An interrobang!
You just made me happy.
An interrobang‽

Metal Gear‽
I forget how I found out about it (must've been one craaazy night on Wikipedia or something :P), but now I can't understand why you'd ever do !?!?!!?!??!!?!?! instead of ‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽. For added Spanish bonus, ⸘ (although I won't ever type it, because I don't have the upside-down punctuation keys I need, according to the XCompose file I've taken and never bothered modifying :) )
Post not guaranteed accurate or pristine for all of time.
Sigtext. Enticing, yes? If you do not know where things I have "sigged" go, this page will explain.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39320 on: October 27, 2013, 12:35:00 am »

How do you type that without just copying it? Because I could really use that.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39321 on: October 27, 2013, 12:36:11 am »

He claims we discriminate. That's not true though. We welcome all, so long as you're a dwarf. If you're not a dwarf get the hell out.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39322 on: October 27, 2013, 12:37:43 am »

That feeling of college application deadlines creeping up, and you're working on your application, and suddenly you freeze in horror as you realize all that's left are things like transcripts and recommendations which you can only sit back and hope your incompetent school administration and teachers will actually get around to.
I feel your pain. Let us weep together: my school district recently switched to a new program for handling EVERYTHING: grades, schedules, transcripts, reccomendations, etc. It's as buggy as fuck. Think worse than Aliens: Colonial Marines. I don't even know what my grades are, its so bad. Right now, I'm hoping and praying that they get that cleaned up in time, and that the Common App doesn't break on me.

Where is/did Bay12 apply(ing)?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39323 on: October 27, 2013, 12:39:19 am »

He claims we discriminate. That's not true though. We welcome all, so long as you're a dwarf. If you're not a dwarf get the hell out.
Not quite true. We welcome all, so long as you're dwarfy.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39324 on: October 27, 2013, 12:41:56 am »

Not quite true. We welcome all, so long as you're dwarfy.
True, there are non dwarves who are dwarfy, and welcome here.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #39325 on: October 27, 2013, 01:49:32 am »

That feeling of college application deadlines creeping up, and you're working on your application, and suddenly you freeze in horror as you realize all that's left are things like transcripts and recommendations which you can only sit back and hope your incompetent school administration and teachers will actually get around to.
I feel your pain. Let us weep together: my school district recently switched to a new program for handling EVERYTHING: grades, schedules, transcripts, reccomendations, etc. It's as buggy as fuck. Think worse than Aliens: Colonial Marines. I don't even know what my grades are, its so bad. Right now, I'm hoping and praying that they get that cleaned up in time, and that the Common App doesn't break on me.

Transcripts and recommendations?

Here we merely filled in an online form. IIRC, all that was needed was personal details and a list preferred universities. The rest is handled automatically. (Although servers were bogged down the first time.)
All you need to do afterwards is take entrance exams if necessary (I didn't) and register if enrolled.

Applied for Computer Engineering program at Åbo Akademi University.

"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #39326 on: October 27, 2013, 02:17:38 am »

But how did you even get halfway there?
He's probably using the modern variant, optimalized for IT purposes. Ie, the Last 1% of the task will take 99% of the time.*

*As opposed to the opposite Quantum Download Theory(Popularized by the Windows Download Manager) which says that any action will be completed within now and the end of time, and the only way to find out how long it takes is by looking back when it's finished.
Eh, I always visualize Zeno as "get halfway there to your point, then go half the remaining distance, then half the remaining distance, then half the remaining distance..."

Ah, but say you go that half the remaining distance at the same speed as the first half. Why decelerate?
You don't. You maintain a constant speed, but just reduce the time that passes between intervals.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #39327 on: October 27, 2013, 02:21:43 pm »

Transcripts and recommendations?

Here we merely filled in an online form. IIRC, all that was needed was personal details and a list preferred universities. The rest is handled automatically. (Although servers were bogged down the first time.)
All you need to do afterwards is take entrance exams if necessary (I didn't) and register if enrolled.

Applied for Computer Engineering program at Åbo Akademi University.
You see, that sounds sensible and reasonable, so of course that's why we in America don't do that.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #39328 on: October 27, 2013, 02:31:17 pm »

Only in 2013 can I buy a vinyl record and get a free digital version of the album with my purchase.

Also, I'm surprised at what you can get in vinyl. Some stuff is obvious, like Daft Punk. But Lady Gaga? Anyone I know who would buy vinyls is too hipster to like Lady Gaga, and anyone I know who likes Lady Gaga wouldn't use such outdated technology to play their music.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #39329 on: October 27, 2013, 02:36:24 pm »

I'd use vinyl more if it wasn't such a bitch to pirate.
Pages: 1 ... 2620 2621 [2622] 2623 2624 ... 11040