Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2610 2611 [2612] 2613 2614 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14467214 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #39165 on: October 23, 2013, 10:46:49 pm »

So they threw out the script and wrote in entirely new gags for the dub. It worked pretty well regardless.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39166 on: October 23, 2013, 10:49:02 pm »

I remembered a show i used to watch as a kid. So now I'm watching bobobo-bo bo-bobo again. How in the hell did i make sense of this as a kid.
Pro tip: most of the gags are puns in Japanese. They don't make sense in English.
I don't think it makes much sense in Japanese either though does it?
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #39167 on: October 23, 2013, 10:55:55 pm »

Spambots seem to be out in fullforce for whatever reason.
Oh gods this.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #39168 on: October 23, 2013, 10:58:31 pm »

You know what I think would make an instant cult classic?

My Immortal.
Enjoy.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #39169 on: October 23, 2013, 11:00:42 pm »

My Immortal.
Enjoy.
I'd rather have Hogwarts actually looking like Hogwarts.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39170 on: October 24, 2013, 12:45:30 am »

Stupid college girl decided to vacuum at 10pm. She does this at least once or twice a month, vacuuming between 10pm and 3am. The lease states that all residents must shut the fuck up and be quiet by 10pm. I think I'll mention it to management again like I did yesterday.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39171 on: October 24, 2013, 01:52:07 pm »

Does anyone other then me always find it REALLY REALLY WEIRD whenever a dog catcher is demonized in children's movies/shows?

I mean, they are hard working people who do a very valuable job in taking dogs who could even be rabid off the streets.

This is like making the bug exterminator the villain because he is good at his job.

---

Also DANG Silent magical dog whistles... they REALLY don't work that way because

1) You can hear dog whistles (at least "I" can)
and
2) Dogs need to be trained to come to a dog whistle.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 01:56:36 pm by Neonivek »

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39172 on: October 24, 2013, 01:59:42 pm »

IIRC, most 'silent dog whistles' are more intended to hurt their ears with a really high frequency to make them stop doing something, rather than to get them to come to you. Professional dog trainers use treats, time, and positive reinforcement to teach dogs the proper way. Even those hyper-violent murder machines that serve with SWAT teams and military units are so well behaved that it's crazy. Mind you, they're also properly TRAINED in how to dismember a human most efficiently, so it's best to be holding the leash and not fleeing the hound, hm?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #39173 on: October 24, 2013, 02:46:38 pm »

My Immortal.
Enjoy.

It loses a lot by not being bad like the source material. It's like you made a stage adaptation of an Ed Wood movie with good actors and no changes. It's not hilariously bad, because actual effort went into it, and it's not hilariously good because it cannot be with the source material of My Immortal.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #39174 on: October 24, 2013, 03:05:59 pm »

My Immortal.
Enjoy.

It loses a lot by not being bad like the source material. It's like you made a stage adaptation of an Ed Wood movie with good actors and no changes. It's not hilariously bad, because actual effort went into it, and it's not hilariously good because it cannot be with the source material of My Immortal.
Well I liked it.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #39175 on: October 24, 2013, 03:12:47 pm »

Does anyone other then me always find it REALLY REALLY WEIRD whenever a dog catcher is demonized in children's movies/shows?

I mean, they are hard working people who do a very valuable job in taking dogs who could even be rabid off the streets.

This is like making the bug exterminator the villain because he is good at his job.
Because back in the day, stray animals that kind of belonged to the community-at-large were more common. Dogs and cats that didn't "belong" to anyone, but just kind of hung out and got fed by various people. Then comes the mean ol' dogcatcher to swoop in and take that dog to the pound, where it was 99% likely to be killed. From a kid's perspective, it's totally legit.

Plus they sometimes nabbed dogs (and still do) that were legally owned and had just gotten loose. Leash laws are a fairly new thing in much of the US, maybe only 40-50 years.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #39176 on: October 24, 2013, 04:20:59 pm »

Because back in the day, stray animals that kind of belonged to the community-at-large were more common. Dogs and cats that didn't "belong" to anyone, but just kind of hung out and got fed by various people. Then comes the mean ol' dogcatcher to swoop in and take that dog to the pound, where it was 99% likely to be killed. From a kid's perspective, it's totally legit.

Plus they sometimes nabbed dogs (and still do) that were legally owned and had just gotten loose. Leash laws are a fairly new thing in much of the US, maybe only 40-50 years.

I'd say it's more because of 'DOGGY CUTE, MAN TAKE DOGGY' rather than historic reasons. And yes, 'DOGGY CUTE' applies even when we're talking about a massive pile of muscle and bloodlust in the shape of a dog. 's one of 'em subtle differences you learn to detect if you survive to non-littlekidhood.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39177 on: October 24, 2013, 08:12:38 pm »

I was watching RWBY on Roosterteeth, when this happened:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In reality, it only ran for about ten seconds, but my brain almost fried itself trying to figure out what happened.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #39178 on: October 24, 2013, 08:15:41 pm »

Some pagemaker forgot to close their brackets....
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #39179 on: October 25, 2013, 02:31:08 am »

You know you need sleep when you realize you just tried to put on underwear over your underwear
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 2610 2611 [2612] 2613 2614 ... 11037