Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2607 2608 [2609] 2610 2611 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14469152 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #39120 on: October 22, 2013, 06:41:58 pm »

I bought a couple pairs of shoes in July. Both of them have notable wear (to the point that I had to dump one pair last month because the sole had a hole in it).

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39121 on: October 22, 2013, 06:56:14 pm »

Ah, I know those feels. My shoes... well, apart from all sorts of smaller holes and rips in the canvas, bits cracking and peeling off, &c., there's also... well, it's not a hole. More like the heel doesn't exist any more. The rearmost inch is completely gone, leaving the outer edge worn up to the point where the interior lining of the sole starts, and another inch or so where the rubber of the sole is about as thick as a sheet of paper. Still, they're fine unless it rains.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #39122 on: October 22, 2013, 08:24:02 pm »

Back in March, I got tired of buying shoes every 3 to 4 months, so I splurged on some rather high-end work shoes (in other words, ones that you would expect to hold up to working in). Less than a month later, the soles fell off.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #39123 on: October 22, 2013, 08:28:46 pm »

http://www.goblinscomic.org/

WOAH
DUDE
MINMAX
DUDE NO
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #39124 on: October 22, 2013, 11:38:02 pm »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #39125 on: October 23, 2013, 12:21:34 am »

I'll just let Sarda express my opinions via panels 11-13.

EDIT: URL fixed.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 12:23:10 am by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39126 on: October 23, 2013, 07:20:06 am »

I ate two pounds of macaroni and cheese yesterday. That was supposed to last a week. Fuck.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39127 on: October 23, 2013, 09:30:39 am »

Ah, I know those feels. My shoes... well, apart from all sorts of smaller holes and rips in the canvas, bits cracking and peeling off, &c., there's also... well, it's not a hole. More like the heel doesn't exist any more. The rearmost inch is completely gone, leaving the outer edge worn up to the point where the interior lining of the sole starts, and another inch or so where the rubber of the sole is about as thick as a sheet of paper. Still, they're fine unless it rains.

Aaand that, kids, is how sandals were invented.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #39128 on: October 23, 2013, 09:31:28 am »

Apparently, I have more writing skill than I give myself credit for, according to everybody who has given me feedback on things I have written recently.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #39129 on: October 23, 2013, 09:52:30 am »

Apparently, I have more writing skill than I give myself credit for, according to everybody who has given me feedback on things I have written recently.
9/10. Well-written post, would read again.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39130 on: October 23, 2013, 10:01:04 am »

my writing is fairly decent as long as you don't need me to describe things in detail because frankly my vocabulary is piss-poor and i'm considering asking vector to just rant about things in my presence which i expect to diametrically confuse me expand it

though asking someone to do so not for the purposes of reading them but the words they're writing is sort of rude isn't it

i might just refrain of doing so

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39131 on: October 23, 2013, 10:13:53 am »

You've also forgotten the magic of punctuation and capital letters. Mainly I mention this because I stumbled upon your posts in some old thread and they weren't all... like that.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #39132 on: October 23, 2013, 10:17:31 am »

Lordslowpoke is the new LW.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #39133 on: October 23, 2013, 10:26:43 am »

You've also forgotten the magic of punctuation and capital letters. Mainly I mention this because I stumbled upon your posts in some old thread and they weren't all... like that.

He might be writing on a smartphone or something, and skips those to save time.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39134 on: October 23, 2013, 10:32:47 am »

He might be writing on a smartphone or something, and skips those to save time.

why do people keep asking?

when you don't care about punctuation and capitalization a post which you punctuate and capitalize becomes something special hence making a special-sounding post with a "i care about this and i also about this conversation" feel is made easy

i do actually write on a phone here sometimes, you might see that from that one post icon that the forums just refuse to not put next to my post and i can't change them from the phone as editing it automagically sets it back to the phone icon

also i like to think no-caps posts are a form of a soft whisper so when i write of various atrocities in detail it makes it all the better for me to post this is the point where i'll just save the link to a post and throw it at people when they ask, then fill them in with any additional detail if they give me a specific question
Pages: 1 ... 2607 2608 [2609] 2610 2611 ... 11037