Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2583 2584 [2585] 2586 2587 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14442106 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #38760 on: October 14, 2013, 06:04:29 pm »

Now, by "demon", are we talking imps or bloodthirsters?
Generic daemonhost, Fear rating 3.
Dang.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #38761 on: October 14, 2013, 06:06:16 pm »

Now, by "demon", are we talking imps or bloodthirsters?
Generic daemonhost, Fear rating 3.
Dang.
That's likely still sufficient to TPK a party that's literally in it's first fight of the campaign.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #38762 on: October 14, 2013, 07:44:02 pm »

Yes, what with all those False Christians (TM) out there. Now you've got to be a "Bible-believing Christian" to qualify for One True Christian (TM) status.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #38763 on: October 14, 2013, 08:15:57 pm »

One True Christian (TM) status.
First thing that popped up in my head is Jesus/God OTC
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38764 on: October 14, 2013, 08:42:02 pm »

I found my school notebooks from last year (it's amazing how easily things get lost in four months!). Between where calculus homework used to be and various haphazardly organized notes, I have enough scribbles to fill an entire limited-edition codex when I become rich and famous and people want to know how my creative process works.

Sample Contents (Warning: Super Geeky):

Now-incomprehensible scribblings in five semi-conlangs, two of which I still maintain in some form or another but are different enough for the old text to be incomprehensible. Example: "Tyykemanú sasúmadonu rúfynú" is one of the more conservative snippets; it is now "Tyykemanu sasumoku rúfennu". And that particular phrase, which means "two feet echo in the mountains", is only so constant because it's my basic example phrase for the conlang.

Lyrics for several hypothetical TCR Ghost remixes, back when there was still some likelihood he would return in the definite future. Example: "Pay my respects to Asho and Trisha/Send my condolences to Coodoo/Give my regards to NavyHuskie/And thanks to CelticBrony, too/And so long to the Tub Guy/You taught the newfags how to troll..." [The Killers, "Human"]

My unrealistic and never-followed-through strategies for the expansion of Phantaria in Battlemaster, including such optimistic misjudgments as bringing Saffalore up to full production in two weeks.

Planning and rough excerpts for a novel currently stuck in prewriting hell. Like the conlangs (the "tyykemanu" one is actually designed for this novel), a huge amount has been redone in four months, such as most of the character names, the year the story is set, and so on.

Two pages of personal notes and ramblings written in a super-low-security substitution cypher.

Several songs translated into Latin, including my personal favorite, a mostly-rhyming rendition of the final verse of "Stairway to Heaven", which so far as I can tell is pretty decent Latin:
Spoiler: Scalae ad Caelum (click to show/hide)

Incomplete lyrics for a Iain M. Banks/Isaac Asimov/J.R.R. Tolkien rap battle. Geek pride worldwide. Warning: may be offensive to Scots and contains vulgar language.

An attempt at a character-relationship diagram for Jess Walter's The Zero, a book which confused me to no end, but was one of the best I read in the last year.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38765 on: October 14, 2013, 10:10:11 pm »

Holy crap, it's like freaking Moonbattery in real life here. Nothing on anyone's minds except guns, how Obama is trying to destroy America, guns, how many people they want to kill with guns, more guns, the upcoming civil war which is coming "soon", and so on.

My fellow truckers, ladies and gentlemen. Thanks for perpetuating the stereotypes.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #38766 on: October 14, 2013, 10:11:34 pm »

I'm surprised you were able to conceal your true identity from them.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38767 on: October 14, 2013, 10:13:06 pm »

Hey man, you can do amazing things with makeup these days.

ETA: Oh boy, now they're bringing up Illuminati-like secret societies that control everything. It's like someone distilled FSTDT down to the basics and shoved it into this room.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 10:15:28 pm by Sirus »

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38768 on: October 14, 2013, 10:16:20 pm »

Bring a hidden camera next time and post it on FSTDT.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #38769 on: October 14, 2013, 10:20:15 pm »

Bring a hidden camera next time and post it on FSTDT.
And when he is inevitably found out it will only make them more paranoid!
No Gods, No Masters.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #38770 on: October 14, 2013, 11:59:39 pm »

Holy crap, it's like freaking Moonbattery in real life here. Nothing on anyone's minds except guns, how Obama is trying to destroy America, guns, how many people they want to kill with guns, more guns, the upcoming civil war which is coming "soon", and so on.

My fellow truckers, ladies and gentlemen. Thanks for perpetuating the stereotypes.

the question now is: Do they all have manly-man beards?
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38771 on: October 15, 2013, 12:06:09 am »

Nope. In fact, two of them were women.

Thankfully most of them left after telling a few racist jokes, and the ones that stayed decided to focus on the football game instead of continuing the conversation.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38772 on: October 15, 2013, 02:30:44 am »

Nope. In fact, two of them were women.

Thankfully most of them left after telling a few racist jokes, and the ones that stayed decided to focus on the football game instead of continuing the conversation.
American football: no matter how paranoid and seemingly insane someone is in the U.S. it will distract them. If it doesn't then that means they are obviously one of the evil Illuminati agents.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #38773 on: October 15, 2013, 02:41:13 am »

This bothers me way too much:

{{}}

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #38774 on: October 15, 2013, 02:45:19 am »

American football: no matter how paranoid and seemingly insane someone is in the U.S. it will distract them. If it doesn't then that means they are obviously one of the evil Illuminati agents.
The ancient Romans already knew this. It wasn't called American Football then, but the principle remains.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))
Pages: 1 ... 2583 2584 [2585] 2586 2587 ... 11040