Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2580 2581 [2582] 2583 2584 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14443687 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #38715 on: October 13, 2013, 08:20:50 pm »

All I really need is a GPS device and a text-capable phone. >_>
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #38716 on: October 13, 2013, 08:27:22 pm »

I have a smartphone, which I use for IRC, forum  browsing, spontaneous internet searches, and calling. It's got a slide-out keyboard, and while I would not call it invincible, it's sturdy as hell, and I've dropped it many, many times, onto marble, tile, and concrete floors, with nothing worse happening than the battery flying out and the paint chipping off.

There is so much paint chipped off, though, you wouldn't believe.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38717 on: October 13, 2013, 08:36:09 pm »

I like my dumbphone. I have an Ipod to access the internet on the go, so why do I need 3G? I'm always around WiFi anyway.
Moderately funny story: I recently took the ACT, and when everyone went to put their phones on the proctor's table, I was the one person whose phone didn't have a touchscreen. I chuckled when they asked us to make sure our phones were ours, since I didn't have that problem.

Also, happy birthday SealyStar!

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38718 on: October 13, 2013, 08:52:34 pm »

Talking on my phone is difficult, texting is slow, and it doesn't even have a camera. But i spend 20 dollars every 1-4 months and god only knows how much my friends spend on their phones that constantly break. Also i get service everywhere. EVERYWHERE.

Also i rarely have to charge it and it takes a full day to die when the battery runs out.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38719 on: October 13, 2013, 09:02:21 pm »

Somebody needs to turn this into a campaign setting NOW.

Magical space race, ho!

Noted. D20 Modern setting, with no magic for ANYONE but some god-like wizard guy. And magical teleportation and shit for everyone!
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38720 on: October 13, 2013, 09:44:19 pm »

Hey, I'm typing this on my phone right now!

The interwebs on it is surprisingly fast, probably because I'm used to my mother's Blackberry which seems to be designed to pass the basic qualifications of what a smartphone is without offending middle aged businesspeople.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #38721 on: October 13, 2013, 11:05:53 pm »

I had what might be most accurately described as a "Obamaphone" (it was the type of cheap phone. I did not actually get the phone from the government), around age 13. I rarely used it (still) as I had few to call. But my fucking word that thing was indestructible. I dropped maybe 20, 30 times? A lot I can assure you. It's been crushed, smashed, knocked around, and went through a washing machine, and it always stayed functional (although it did need to dry out, and the screen went out for a while) and hell, almost entirely spotless. Years later, recently in fact, I had to use it again due to being in between phones, and while it had been heavily scratched, it was pretty together, nothing falling off or anything.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38722 on: October 13, 2013, 11:26:31 pm »

comparing nokias to any politician at all is an insult to the nokia's integrity

you could fire one out of a cannon and it would still work. mind you, i'm talking about the old ones.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38723 on: October 13, 2013, 11:27:14 pm »

I only got a smartphone to combine my phone and iPod, both of which I'd broken after years of use. The internet access is a nice plus, of course.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #38724 on: October 13, 2013, 11:58:02 pm »

Someone in my family got me a smartphone for no real reason at some point. I figured I didn't want it to break and bought a nigh-indestructible case.
I've dropped the thing from 10 feet up (accidentally of course), and it didn't even dent.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #38725 on: October 14, 2013, 08:45:58 am »

Yeah, I go around with my iPhones uncased and I really don't know what y'all are talking about fragility-wise
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #38726 on: October 14, 2013, 08:59:21 am »

comparing nokias to any politician at all is an insult to the nokia's integrity

you could fire one out of a cannon and it would still work. mind you, i'm talking about the old ones.
You could fire one out of a magna cannon fire by another cannon fired by an even bigger cannon. And strap TNT to it.
And yet, my son destroyed my Nokia when he was only 18 months. Admittedly, it was my fault for letting him play with it. I had the keys locked, so I figured "what harm could he do?"

OH SWEET JESUS ITS NOT A HAMMER, CHILD! D: D: D:

My ex-wife's Nokia survived multiple runs through the washing machine, being dropped in the toilet, and too many drops and falls to count. At the end, it was literally held together with a rubber band AND STILL WORKED. We only traded it in because my Nokia was busted (the LCD matrix ruptured due to the aforementioned hammering incident) and it made sense to upgrade both at the same time.

Have to say though, my Samsung Intensity has held up about as well as the Nokia did. Some day I'll get a smartphone.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #38727 on: October 14, 2013, 09:06:41 am »

I have a Samsung Mini that I hardly use. It works fine and since it spends most of it's time in my backpack, I don't really drop it a lot. 

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #38728 on: October 14, 2013, 09:07:29 am »

I have a Nokia. I can open beers with it.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38729 on: October 14, 2013, 09:16:10 am »

Since we're now talking about phones, I suppose mine is WTF-worthy.

I've got an LG Venice. Pretty nice, if a bit lightweight. If I talk for a few minutes with the phone next to my face, however, it quickly reaches uncomfortable temperatures.

Luckily, it's the type of phone that you never have to hold against your face. In my car, I just talk using the car's mic and speakers. Elsewhere, I've got earbuds plugged in.
Pages: 1 ... 2580 2581 [2582] 2583 2584 ... 11040