Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2571 2572 [2573] 2574 2575 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14432289 times)

lue

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:missing right bracket
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #38580 on: October 09, 2013, 07:31:48 pm »

Wait, emoticons are sarcastic now?

But they're so useful :<
Shut up Obama, we all know you don't have emotions. Just get back to delivering that truck full of Marxism.
I'm delivering shar'ia law, not Marxism. Get your conspiracy theories straight :V
There's a difference? :V

Oh-ho-hoh! There isn't. In fact, feeding shariamarxism (a simple concatenation of two synonyms, nothing strange) into my patented Conspiracy Uncoverer reveals this secret code: Rash Aims Arm Xi Clearly O'Sirus is delivering an update on plans to arm some world dominator named "Xi" (I always knew China was not to be trusted) through agitating the US into making rash decisions. The conspiracy unravels further!

</fictional-opinions>
Post not guaranteed accurate or pristine for all of time.
Sigtext. Enticing, yes? If you do not know where things I have "sigged" go, this page will explain.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38581 on: October 09, 2013, 07:43:50 pm »

Speaking of conspiracy, my name's anagrams come up with:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

My favorite is the last one.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38582 on: October 09, 2013, 07:54:08 pm »

Anagraming me results in "Answer Yam".

So I now know what I shall do when spuds hand me a questionaire.

Or maybe it's "My name's WR"? No it's not! Or is it? I'm confused.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 07:56:15 pm by Darvi »

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38583 on: October 09, 2013, 08:58:08 pm »

Two WTFs:
 - Whenever I look at an LED clock (the red digital ones) for a moment, it seems like the digits are shaking around.

- Today, in my literature class, we were reading an essay, and a very surreal situation happened.  It was a nice cool day, so we opened up the windows for the first time of the year today.  Not 10 feet from the windows was the corner of a building under construction, with some big sheet glass panes being set up.  There was one of those lift-cranes out there, and some guys were bolting on a large pane - or attempting to, as it seemed like there was some problems - they were yelling over the background noise, so we could hear them saying things like "Dude, this won't fit in the window" ... "It's turned sideways".  As we observed this, a bunch of brass started practicing outside, and we could hear mostly the tubas, mostly drowning out the sounds of construction from the other side (this is why the workers were yelling so much).  The best comparison I heard was to the old (silent) comedy movies.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #38584 on: October 09, 2013, 09:02:09 pm »

- Whenever I look at an LED clock (the red digital ones) for a moment, it seems like the digits are shaking around.
I get that sometimes too. Very rarely, numbers will reverse themselves on them as well. My grandfather had dyslexia, so I speculate I have some kind of sub-clinical related trait that causes it.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #38585 on: October 09, 2013, 09:07:41 pm »

My Sister and I are currently sharing the same laptop, and when I grabbed it for the day one of the tabs was Wikipedia for Tu Er Shen, "The Leveret spirit" (literally "The rabbit deity"), the Chinese Deity that manages the love and sex between homosexual men. That is his specific job description.

It appears she simply was looking at Chinese Mythology and stumbled on something odd, but still.
Anagram Greatorder.

Aged Terror
Retrograde
Gated Error
Tarred Ogre

Why are we playing anagrams?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38586 on: October 09, 2013, 09:08:59 pm »

sub-clinical related trait
That field is underresearched IMHO - I'm pretty sure my mom (on whose side the only slightly wonky relative of mine is) has a subclinical form of (manic) depression. At least her outlook on life - happiness is something that you create independantly of circumstances, not something that comes from outside - sounds like a coping mechanism for depressive episodes. Also some other stuff, I guess, but she appears to have done fine the last 55 or so years~
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38587 on: October 09, 2013, 09:33:29 pm »

Anagram Greatorder.

Aged Terror
Retrograde
Gated Error
Tarred Ogre

Anagram Republicans:

A Bun Splicer.
Scab pile, run!!

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38588 on: October 10, 2013, 06:28:58 am »

Two WTFs:

This is a normal feature of certain LED displays. The glowing-red-numbers ones. You can tell if it's the right type if blowing a raspberry at it makes the numbers flip out like crazy.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #38589 on: October 10, 2013, 08:08:34 am »

Anagram: Java Art Nerds Clan

Nopenopenopenope

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #38590 on: October 10, 2013, 10:27:15 am »

Huh. Not sure if real.
Kinda late to respond to this, but apparently the guy isn't so trustworthy as a historian.

But yeah, not a trustworthy source at all, and apparently the conspiracy isn't a new thing at all.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #38591 on: October 10, 2013, 11:41:39 am »

Nuclear fission reactors ftw.

On another WTF note, somehow my school has a new logo this year that slightly resembles a swatiska. I didn't really put that much tought into it yet, but it came up today and... yeaaaahhh.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #38592 on: October 10, 2013, 11:43:24 am »

I've found that the best metric to use is if a geometric symbol looks more like a swastika than the Golden Dawn logo, it's not alright, but if it doesn't, it's fine.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #38593 on: October 10, 2013, 11:55:23 am »

Nuclear fission reactors ftw.
Goddamn it, nature. Taking our nuclear fuel and burning it just because she can.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #38594 on: October 10, 2013, 11:59:47 am »

Dream-me sure is vulgar. I rarely say anything stronger than "dang" during my waking hours, but in my dreams I curse up a storm at the slightest provocation. I'm a little worried about this new dream-me, since I talk in my sleep quite a lot...
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.
Pages: 1 ... 2571 2572 [2573] 2574 2575 ... 11039