Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2514 2515 [2516] 2517 2518 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14439701 times)

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #37725 on: September 19, 2013, 01:15:36 pm »

Today and Yesterday so many kids were trying to download IOS7 onto their ipads that the school had to increase blockage and slow down the wifi to make them stop it.
Your school has WiFi? When I went to high school, kids weren't even allowed to have their phones or any sort of electronics on the during school hours; you were supposed to keep them your locker (not that that stopped a lot of people).
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #37726 on: September 19, 2013, 01:18:59 pm »

Yeah it's got wifi that alternates between good and incredibly terrible depending on blarglgnajfgsakb. We have a program that gives certain classes free ipads (insurance is not free though). Apparently next year everyone in the school will get one.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37727 on: September 19, 2013, 01:20:18 pm »

How often I end up thinking about utterly stupid things I've done in the past at the oddest moments.

Must be that hindsight people tell me about :P

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37728 on: September 19, 2013, 01:21:14 pm »

Why iPads and not something just as good and much cheaper. Is this a marketing gag from Apple to get students addicted to their products and thus ensuring future clientele?

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #37729 on: September 19, 2013, 01:25:28 pm »

Why iPads and not something just as good and much cheaper. Is this a marketing gag from Apple to get students addicted to their products and thus ensuring future clientele?
because advertising, peer pressure and apple does have better school programs than microsoft (not throwing out Dreamspark though).

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37730 on: September 19, 2013, 01:25:59 pm »

Partially. They DO sell the computers at a big discount to schools. It benefits the schools by them getting cheap computers, and benefits Apple by indoctrinating impressionable young minds.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #37731 on: September 19, 2013, 02:12:11 pm »

I thought the lightsaber was a play on democrat and republican party colors.

I see Red, White, and Blue in the lightsaber. So I just assumed it was the typical American flag colors.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #37732 on: September 19, 2013, 02:24:22 pm »

Partially. They DO sell the computers at a big discount to schools. It benefits the schools by them getting cheap computers, and benefits Apple by indoctrinating impressionable young minds.
Generally I've noticed that Mac has better student discounts (as in selling to the students themselves) while Windows has better school discounts (as in selling to the schools themselves).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #37733 on: September 19, 2013, 03:13:17 pm »

Jessica alba is considered to have the generic proportions of attractiveness across virtually all cultures.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physical_attractiveness

Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #37734 on: September 19, 2013, 03:15:47 pm »

Personally, I always thought she was kind of plain looking.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #37735 on: September 19, 2013, 03:34:39 pm »

That also seems to be a particularly unflattering picture of her.

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
« Reply #37736 on: September 19, 2013, 03:54:50 pm »

Those eyes! They stare at meee!
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #37739 on: September 19, 2013, 04:06:33 pm »

Eh, you're never going to find someone who 100% of people find attractive. At most you can go with statistics and find people that the majority find attractive.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 2514 2515 [2516] 2517 2518 ... 11040