Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2485 2486 [2487] 2488 2489 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14426649 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #37290 on: September 11, 2013, 04:13:35 pm »

It's an easy fix; but still...

Not friendly; and quite a few non-savvy people might get stuck.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37291 on: September 11, 2013, 04:30:20 pm »

I guess Nikola Tesla is an internet thing now?   I knew he was a AC electricity guy but also strongly opposed stuff we know as fact, like E=mc^2, he thought he made an earthquake machine, and I vaguely recall something about a doomsday device.

But Idea Channel seems to be indicating he's a bit of an internet phenomenon.   Am I out of the loop?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37292 on: September 11, 2013, 04:31:31 pm »

I guess Nikola Tesla is an internet thing now?   I knew he was a AC electricity guy but also strongly opposed stuff we know as fact.  Like E=mc^2 thought he made an earthquake machine, and I vaguely recall something about a doomsday device.

But Idea Channel seems to be indicating he's a bit of an internet phenomenon.   Am I out of the loop?

Well I know Albert Einstein invented the time machine in order to dispose of Hitler (succeeded too)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #37293 on: September 11, 2013, 04:33:15 pm »

I guess Nikola Tesla is an internet thing now?   I knew he was a AC electricity guy but also strongly opposed stuff we know as fact, like E=mc^2, he thought he made an earthquake machine, and I vaguely recall something about a doomsday device.

He is. Tesla was definitely on the "mad genius" side of things, and people have a tendency to sympathize with him because of how badly Edison screwed him over.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37294 on: September 11, 2013, 04:34:57 pm »

He is. Tesla was definitely on the "mad genius" side of things, and people have a tendency to sympathize with him because of how badly Edison screwed him over.

Edison honestly seems to have a Columbus factor going for him. In that we know how terrible of a person he is, and yet we still wish to ignore that and instead praise him in our history books as if it never happened.

Yes I am calling it the Columbus Factor.

No one hides how abusive Mozart could be... Or was that Beethoven?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 04:43:50 pm by Neonivek »

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #37295 on: September 11, 2013, 06:26:52 pm »

He was autistic I believe, totally celibate with OCD tendencys.

Yes, Tesla is a bit of a internet Phenomenon. A lot actually. He invented Induction motor, rotating magnetic field, the Tesla Coil, and the first Radio remote controlled device. (A torpedo. The US Navy turned him down)
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37296 on: September 11, 2013, 10:01:51 pm »

I don't swear while speaking. It's not really a conscious choice, just a habit that I've kept for the 17 years or so that I've been speaking.

I saw this and had to stop myself at "What the fu-".

... Who the hell is Draven?

Maybe this will help. Worth a good WTF at least.

Some girl came up to me yesterday and said she wished she was "thin and pretty" like me... I'm not sure how I should feel about this...

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37297 on: September 11, 2013, 10:11:20 pm »

Post in the bay12 photo share and I SHALL ASSESS YOUR PRETTY.

It's kind of become my haven it seems. My domain.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37298 on: September 11, 2013, 10:24:58 pm »

Windows 7. Just, Windows 7. It's confusing some of the stuff I've got to do to get some of the more obscure games I play to work. I don't think I've ever used command prompt to install a program before today.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37299 on: September 11, 2013, 10:30:20 pm »

Tesla? He was madly in love with pidgeons.wanted to marry one.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #37300 on: September 11, 2013, 10:32:49 pm »

Post in the bay12 photo share and I SHALL ASSESS YOUR PRETTY.

It's kind of become my haven it seems. My domain.
Linky. I probably won't post anything though.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37301 on: September 11, 2013, 10:35:03 pm »

Wait til you play with windows 8.  I recently got the urge to play an older CD installed SimCity.  The launcher runs, but the installer refused to do anything but sit around being a process with no window that isn't doing anything.   A lot of older games I tried seem to have that issue.  SimCity 3, Wizardry 8, GalCiv...

Oddly just copying the whole damn CD into a folder and running the .exe that runs the game works fine though, even for games that I knew that didn't work with on older versions of windows.   Makes no sense to me.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37302 on: September 11, 2013, 10:36:44 pm »

I hate Windows 8 so much.

It is a operating system built for tablets and yet not adjusted for when they are put on PCs.

It would be like if I used Windows Vista on my PS3... SURE it is possible, but it isn't the most efficient layout.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37303 on: September 11, 2013, 10:42:20 pm »

I'm not having a problem with it at all. I just mostly stick to the desktop side of things and use the "start menu" thing to open up some applications quick. Like skype or spotify. It's not too terrible.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37304 on: September 11, 2013, 11:54:22 pm »

Windows 8? Shell. Sheeeeeell.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 2485 2486 [2487] 2488 2489 ... 11039