Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2462 2463 [2464] 2465 2466 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14429114 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #36945 on: September 02, 2013, 02:29:26 pm »

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36946 on: September 02, 2013, 02:34:36 pm »

So, she's Russian. Could've expected that.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #36947 on: September 02, 2013, 03:11:39 pm »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36948 on: September 02, 2013, 03:15:16 pm »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2004042/Naked-female-scientist-tries-tame-beluga-whales-arctic.html

I haven;t read it yet but I am just going to assume it belongs here.
The only pages I can find about this on a quick google search all reference the Daily Mail, which is essentially a super-right-wing British tabloid. I call bullshit. It would have shown up on other, more major news sites if it was at all real.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36949 on: September 02, 2013, 03:28:34 pm »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2004042/Naked-female-scientist-tries-tame-beluga-whales-arctic.html

I haven;t read it yet but I am just going to assume it belongs here.
The only pages I can find about this on a quick google search all reference the Daily Mail, which is essentially a super-right-wing British tabloid. I call bullshit. It would have shown up on other, more major news sites if it was at all real.
quick search via copyright on the image found nothing but i suspect its just some small russian news network that i will never be able to find. As the Scientist herself I seen a couple of youtube videos of one about russian divers where she was brought in about her yoga techniques, and another one a korean symposium on deep sea diving and her explaining what she went through up north.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #36950 on: September 02, 2013, 03:55:24 pm »

Dem legs, yo, dem legs.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36951 on: September 03, 2013, 12:37:41 am »

Sensationalist headline or no, that woman has a pretty nice physique. And she sounds entirely nutters.

Holding her breath underwater for 10 minutes in arctic water sounds a little far-fetched to me, though, and I suspect Exaggeration For The Glory Of Mother Russia at work... but there are breathing techniques that saturate your blood with oxygen, which have increased my dive time to about 3+ minutes, and I'm far from an exceptional diver.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #36952 on: September 03, 2013, 12:50:43 am »

Chuck Norris Jokes

Spoiler: PG13 for Crass humor (click to show/hide)

I have no clue if there's a website, Id presume so.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36953 on: September 03, 2013, 01:14:41 am »

Sensationalist headline or no, that woman has a pretty nice physique. And she sounds entirely nutters.

Holding her breath underwater for 10 minutes in arctic water sounds a little far-fetched to me, though, and I suspect Exaggeration For The Glory Of Mother Russia at work... but there are breathing techniques that saturate your blood with oxygen, which have increased my dive time to about 3+ minutes, and I'm far from an exceptional diver.
considering the longest record has been 22 minutes(normal water temp) and IT IS possible to survive in ice water temps without protection equipment i'd say 10 minutes is a good deal, no don't at me like that, if you cant handle tshirt and shorts in the winter storm its not my problem.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36954 on: September 03, 2013, 02:22:36 am »

UUUUGH!

"Why would a Fairy use a Jetpack, they can fly already"

Hmm... I don't know... Why do you drive a car?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #36955 on: September 03, 2013, 02:38:35 am »

Chuck Norris Jokes

Spoiler: PG13 for Crass humor (click to show/hide)

I have no clue if there's a website, Id presume so.

Yes, the website was very popular 10 years ago.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #36956 on: September 03, 2013, 03:47:18 am »

What made me WTF? I stayed up two nights in a row writing a 1920s reimagining of Taxi Driver.

It's kinda like it. There's a little Timothy McVeigh in there instead of Travis Bickle though.

The things I do to delay sleep...

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36957 on: September 03, 2013, 09:11:25 am »

Today I thought; "I should probably redecorate my kitchen.". Go to the Bay, the bots are right back. It's like they know.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #36958 on: September 03, 2013, 09:50:31 am »

The USA's version of Frank Gallagher looks like shit. Not in the way he should either. He just doesn't look like he'd fit the role of chain-smoking, unwashed, doley that he should. Looks more like a hobo with a heart of gold. Which is... wrong.

Ever thought that is what they were going for? America has a real phobia of even slightly unlikable characters and tend to blunt their unlikable aspects whenever they are adapted.
But he's supposed to be generally unlikeable. It makes it a bigger deal when he does something approaching decent.

No no no, haven't you watched House? You have to constantly pepper your unlikable characters with undue justifications.

Or Glee where the show just lacks the self-awareness to even know how terrible of a person their character is (Rachel)

You aren't allowed to have unlikable characters!

---

Another weirdness I am on a forum on another site. They posted videos about a game and listed features.

I mentioned a few features and they outright accused me of making things up and spreading rumors and said that I need to link my sources.

I honestly wish I could project a "really?" look over the internet because these "features" were in the linked videos!
House was a good show as long as they kept the plot medically focused.

EDIT: My WTF for the day, the new principal at my school changed the name of home room period to '[name of school mascot]' time. She used to princip at a elementary school, and she hasn't gotten it through her permed head that this is a
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
, and the students are better than that. (This is a private school, so most of the student body know how to read/add two numbers together.) In addition, she decreed that home room is strictly for work (most teachers aren't going to enforce this, though) and if a teacher sees that you are not doing work, he/she can give you work.

WTF 2: My Honors Spanish III classmates seem to have had all of their bilinguality pumped through their tildes over the summer. The fun part, though, is that I can verbally berate them in Spanish, which makes them haul out a dictionary to figure out what the bloody hell I just said.
Quote from: Me
Este es la clase de Espaņol tres, verdad?
Spoiler: Translation (click to show/hide)

WTF 3: My "Honors" Chemistry class is still covering stuff that I learned when I was eight. The teacher made the entire class cluster around a Bunsen burner to watch sugar burn. I tried sitting at my table and doing my homework, but she still made me come and look. I literally have more advanced chemical equipment around my house. (My dad used to be a chemist, and he has a box of distillers and test tubes and beakers and such in the garage.) The chemistry room does have some cool stuff, but we haven't gotten to use that yet.

On the bright side, lunch is cheaper, and the awesome substitute from last year got a full-time teaching job, and I'm in his class. My school's lunch is kinda expensive, but it is well worth it because they actually have a chef who prepares it. It's still mass-produced, but still better than a normal school lunch.

Random chemistry question which my teacher never got around to answering: if Mars is composed partially of iron oxide, why couldn't we (eventually) stick chunks of Mars into a giant orbital blast furnace? (I mean the issue with the Mars chunks, not the idea of a giant orbital blast furnace)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 10:12:59 am by tahujdt »
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36959 on: September 03, 2013, 10:00:27 am »

House was a good show as long as they kept the plot medically focused.

I never said it wasn't... then again I did mention Glee's name (and glee isn't a good show... and a lot of its fans know this) next to it.

So Opps.
Pages: 1 ... 2462 2463 [2464] 2465 2466 ... 11039