Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2459 2460 [2461] 2462 2463 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14430471 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #36900 on: August 31, 2013, 06:57:02 am »

Ever wonder what is under the TF2 Pyro's mask?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=174276130
It is paintable.
That is horrifying.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #36901 on: August 31, 2013, 08:04:04 am »

because you still get more enjoyment out of having helped them than if you had not helped them, don't need to be "aw yes I helped them", just not wanting the regret of not helping.
It... it's sometimes, like. Physically impossible. Not to help. For me. At least if directly confronted with something. Even when I don't want to. Even when not helping would make me feel a lot better. Even when helping makes me feel terrible, for whatever reason.

Conditioning is a hell of a drug.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #36902 on: August 31, 2013, 08:42:48 am »

Apparently the vet's file of my cat contains, on the top, in big, red letters: "Warning! Dangerous and large cat!".
Heh. There are two people needed to keep him under control.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #36903 on: August 31, 2013, 09:26:19 am »

Apparently the vet's file of my cat contains, on the top, in big, red letters: "Warning! Dangerous and large cat!".
Heh. There are two people needed to keep him under control.
Well, Miauw, we told you and told you, but nooooooo, you just had to buy that albino bengal tiger.

Honestly I'm surprised your vet took it all in such good charm.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36904 on: August 31, 2013, 09:33:10 am »

Is there such a thing as a cat that isn't dangerous? Even the adorable little housecat kittens spend time planning on stalking and killing you, before they figure out that it's easier to just enslave you to their will and play-hunt you while waiting for the sound of a can opener.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #36905 on: August 31, 2013, 10:03:23 am »

"Who's an angry kitty? You are! You are! *pet-pet-mauled*"
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #36906 on: August 31, 2013, 10:26:34 am »

Is there such a thing as a cat that isn't dangerous? Even the adorable little housecat kittens spend time planning on stalking and killing you, before they figure out that it's easier to just enslave you to their will and play-hunt you while waiting for the sound of a can opener.
Funny story. I was playing Fallout 3, when my cat came up, stood on my lap, and looked at the screen. After a few minutes, my character vaporized a dog with a plasma rifle. Immediately, my cat flopped over on my lap and started purring.

On the subject of the universe being a computer simulation, I daresay that we should build our own computer simulation of the programmer's universe to see if we can cause a recursion. Ultimately, we should see if they're going to simulate the heat death of the universe, and then crash the computer out of spite. Of course, if this was a simulation, there would be safeguards to keep the program from realizing th-
REROUTING NEURAL PATHING

Ha ha, those cats, right?
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #36907 on: August 31, 2013, 10:54:26 am »

I was trying to make a Prisoner's Dilemma simulation. I accidentally ended up with it being a gene drift simulation.

This is a link. With 50 members, all alleles are fixed after 784 generations. With 500 members, they aren't fixed (though they still gravitate towards the final values).
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 11:20:22 am by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #36908 on: August 31, 2013, 10:56:14 am »

WTF?

I think the weirdest thing happening to me right now is the number of people on crutches at my school. It seems like everyone is walking around with two aluminum crutches nowadays. Extremely WTF.
That'd be sports injuries.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #36909 on: August 31, 2013, 10:56:31 am »

Link is broken.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36910 on: August 31, 2013, 10:57:05 am »

snop

Spoiler: yo m8 (click to show/hide)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #36911 on: August 31, 2013, 12:50:20 pm »

WTF?

I think the weirdest thing happening to me right now is the number of people on crutches at my school. It seems like everyone is walking around with two aluminum crutches nowadays. Extremely WTF.
Heeey metal, thats kinda old

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36912 on: August 31, 2013, 02:18:49 pm »

Wow, I almost missed that necro-quote.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #36913 on: August 31, 2013, 02:27:11 pm »

WTF?

Heeey metal, thats kinda old
My advice is timeless.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36914 on: August 31, 2013, 05:55:03 pm »

I helped a pair of grandparents buy a computer today. They wanted a high-end gaming rig, for such titles as BF3, Crysis 2, Diablo 3 and a few upcoming titles. I tried to sell them into a mid-range machine, but they weren't having it. They wanted a full-on beast. So, I showed them the Phoenix. Haswell i7, 16GB RAM, 2GB dedicated video card. I figured that I was helping a couple of retirees pass the time because they had nothing else to do. Instead, after they finished their transaction, I saw them pull over a 10 or 11 year old boy and ask him, "Will that be powerful enough for what you want to do?"

*facepalm*

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 2459 2460 [2461] 2462 2463 ... 11039