Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2440 2441 [2442] 2443 2444 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14432332 times)

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #36615 on: August 23, 2013, 09:21:52 pm »

Do i even want to know what that is?
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Habbadax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cackling Cavalier
    • View Profile
« Reply #36616 on: August 23, 2013, 09:23:28 pm »

A subreddit filled primarily with gore and body horror images, with some lesser horrors scattered throughout

It is not a nice place

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36617 on: August 23, 2013, 09:26:51 pm »

A subreddit filled primarily with gore and body horror images, with some lesser horrors scattered throughout

It is not a nice place
Wouldn't have guessed it wasn't a a nice place by the description. Well I've never really bothered with Reddit anyway.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #36618 on: August 23, 2013, 09:40:43 pm »

Dear numerologist:

STOP READING NUMBERS!!!  WhoGAS what the day is and what you counted, I swear if I hear another story about bird-portents I will leave the child Im sitting to stick my steel-toe combat boots up your rump!  One steel toe boot!  1 Ambulance!
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36619 on: August 23, 2013, 10:25:02 pm »

While I never really got deep into MLP, but there is a MLP x Pheonix Wright series of videos on youtube that amused me. 

According to that, one of the continents on the planet is full of the older generation my little ponies. If that is the case, it might as well equate to the majority of that planet being uninhabitable too.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Habbadax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cackling Cavalier
    • View Profile
« Reply #36620 on: August 23, 2013, 10:49:56 pm »

Via TVtropes, I compared a fanfic about tiberium wars with an MLP one.

The MLP one was the worst. And tiberium wars is based in a world where a third of the planet is uninhabitable!

Thank god I never got into the whole pony thing. I think I'd have had my mind broken by this point.

To be fair, the thing rendering a third of the planet uninhabitable is also the thing that has effectively unified the planet under the banner of the GDI, advanced human technology by leaps and bounds, and solved the majority of global resource and economic problems

There are a few kinks that might make a few places rather difficult to live in, I'll admit, but on the whole, it's not that terrible, especially towards the end of the timeline

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36621 on: August 23, 2013, 11:10:24 pm »

Thank god I never got into the whole pony thing

Honestly... my opinions on this is as follows.

As Child programming for young children it is rather excellent. It manages to do something most shows often cannot which is to show a sort of balance (The prank episode actually didn't say "pranking is bad" but recognized that some people don't like pranks and that you can take one too far)... Or rather it is a show about teaching children to be adults.

Watching it as an adult... I find it hilarious how terrible and non-self-aware the show can be and how many of the "problems" are not problems.

It isn't that great but honestly... If I compare it to a lot of shows (reality television for example) It is practically amazing. Though I really should catch up on 3 extra seasons of Adventure time.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #36622 on: August 24, 2013, 12:41:46 am »

CRE AT IVE LY

Late night fun.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36623 on: August 24, 2013, 03:53:05 am »

This is an interesting slideshow but I'm astounded at one of their observations. Users like ads.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #36624 on: August 24, 2013, 05:20:29 am »

This is an interesting slideshow but I'm astounded at one of their observations. Users like ads.
I don't think I want to know what Swagbucks are o.O

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #36625 on: August 24, 2013, 05:52:02 am »

AAAAARRGHHg FUCK USERS. DAMN ALL USERS TO HELL. I read three slides and was ready to dox them using their pictures and then do some unspeakable things to their front yard ornaments.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #36626 on: August 24, 2013, 06:17:25 am »

"Activate" is a technical term?

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36627 on: August 24, 2013, 06:55:04 am »

WHY IS GENDER ONE OF THEIR TRACKED STATISTICS?

I'm probably ignoring something obvious, but having the breasts or having the penis isn't going to make you less or more able to click something.

Other than that, it's a good skim through article.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #36628 on: August 24, 2013, 07:16:44 am »

Some people wouldn't agree with that.

Besides, it's one of the bits of information that are always tracked.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36629 on: August 24, 2013, 07:37:42 am »

I don't understand what that was actually about. The layout and order of the slides was weird... What was the point? That people don't like annoying security features?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 2440 2441 [2442] 2443 2444 ... 11039