Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2435 2436 [2437] 2438 2439 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14432759 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #36540 on: August 21, 2013, 01:57:16 pm »

You know, it could just be because Autumn is chilly and baked yams are warm. That's a possibility.

Anyway, my WTF of the day was in my first day of British Literature class. We're doing Henry V first, and there's a scene early on where they were talking about whether the salic laws of succession applied to only Germany or France as well, in order to figure out if Henry can press his claim on the throne of France. And entirely because of Crusader Kings II, I understood everything perfectly.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #36541 on: August 21, 2013, 02:08:16 pm »

im now hungry from some yams....... I HATE YOU PEOPLE

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36542 on: August 21, 2013, 02:11:01 pm »

http://mvpny.com/R11GITutorial/R11GITutorial_Part1.html
This rendering program.... hot damn.

I would have sworn that those were photographs at the top of the page if you didn't say anything D:
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #36543 on: August 21, 2013, 02:15:07 pm »

I would have sworn that those were photographs at the top of the page if you didn't say anything D:
determining the degree of weight it should be given in relation to other scene surfaces is greatly lessoned
For some reason my allergy for spelling errors/typos makes them stand out in some "A Beautiful Mind" kind of way. These things just leap at me while I was just looking at the pictures...

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36544 on: August 21, 2013, 02:18:28 pm »

im now hungry from some yams....... I HATE YOU PEOPLE
I yam what I yam, Tellemurius.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36545 on: August 21, 2013, 03:11:35 pm »

That's why it's so amazing.
It's got all of the refraction and reflection and partial shadows and all of that stuff.

But Siquo, I have no idea what spelling error you're talking about. Everything looks fine to me.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 03:13:57 pm by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #36546 on: August 21, 2013, 03:18:10 pm »

E not o, grak. Don't think teaching is involved with the sentence in question.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36547 on: August 21, 2013, 03:37:54 pm »

E not o, grak. Don't think teaching is involved with the sentence in question.
Oh I see. I guess it was time for me to be taught a lessen.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #36548 on: August 21, 2013, 10:25:56 pm »

Bill de Blasio, a man currently barely leading in the race for mayor of New York, has revealed himself to be a die-hard Boston Red Sox fan.

This is actually worse then being Weiner. This is an unpardonable sin. Even Bloomberg, raised in Boston, immediately switched to the Yankees upon election. A fellow democratic candidate offered his endorsement to him, for mayor of Boston. I mean seriously dude, you really must not want it that bad, especially in a race this close.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36549 on: August 21, 2013, 10:35:17 pm »

"He likes a different team, SCREW HIS GOOD POLICIES AND SOUND STRATEGEY OF GOVERNMENT."

Suddenly, I understand the Electoral college...
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #36550 on: August 21, 2013, 10:42:23 pm »

Honestly, I'd vote for him. Not because I care about sports (I do, a little) but because the dude could've easily lied and said he was a Yankees fan (Or at least, like, a Mets fan or something) to not get himself more or less thrown out of the race. Instead he chose to tell the truth.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #36551 on: August 21, 2013, 10:47:22 pm »

"He likes a different team, SCREW HIS GOOD POLICIES AND SOUND STRATEGEY OF GOVERNMENT."

Sports teams, especially iconic ones such as the Yankees, are extremely wrapped up in an area's self-image. Failing to identify with an area's team is an explicit "I'm not one of you. I am a foreigner here." statement. As mayoral races tend to be almost entirely about how much the candidate is "on`e of us", (which is eminently sensible, as it creates a bond between the needs of constituents and the government, which (rightly or wrongly) is often accused of ignoring those needs to pander to the wealthy or influential), such a statement is political poison.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #36552 on: August 21, 2013, 10:50:01 pm »

Reason #3 as to why I hate sports culture.
It's FEF, not FEOF

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #36553 on: August 21, 2013, 11:02:24 pm »

Sports teams, especially iconic ones such as the Yankees, are extremely wrapped up in an area's self-image. Failing to identify with an area's team is an explicit "I'm not one of you. I am a foreigner here." statement. As mayoral races tend to be almost entirely about how much the candidate is "on`e of us", (which is eminently sensible, as it creates a bond between the needs of constituents and the government, which (rightly or wrongly) is often accused of ignoring those needs to pander to the wealthy or influential), such a statement is political poison.
That might be a good point, if not for the fact that it is completely and totally unprovable and can just be stated in order to be on the same level as everyone else. It's an illusory quality. Do you really think all the national politicians are such avid hunters as they as portrayed? Most of them probably couldn't even handle a gun outside of their photo ops.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 2435 2436 [2437] 2438 2439 ... 11039