Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2419 2420 [2421] 2422 2423 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14440357 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #36300 on: August 14, 2013, 12:04:58 pm »

(and maybe they'll figure out a way to counter muscle atrophy while they're at it)
Electrostimulation of your muscle tissues to keep them working while your brain is working elsewhere?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36302 on: August 14, 2013, 12:28:16 pm »

Why buy a boat engine when you have a industrial digging machine?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36303 on: August 14, 2013, 01:14:31 pm »

Meanwhile, probably in Russia...
'Twas Russia that day.
Oh, you crazy russians, with your fuzzy hats, vodka, circus bears, and crazy improv machines.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #36304 on: August 14, 2013, 01:33:14 pm »

*Had wisdom teeth removed about an hour ago*

*Mouth fills up with liquid a minute ago*

*Follows instructions to drool it out*

*It turns out to be blood and gets all over my shirt*

Crap
It's FEF, not FEOF

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #36305 on: August 14, 2013, 01:36:22 pm »

When the Navy took my teeth they botched it and, broke two into thirds (or so); then stabbed me with about 10 needles of novacane.  After?  (go back to your unit.  Chow is almost over.)

I got 20 minutes to cut up hot dogs and use my hands to *manually* chew the pieces; washing the mixture down with ice tea. . . .  Those were the days.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #36306 on: August 14, 2013, 01:38:35 pm »

I got 20 minutes to cut up hot dogs and use my hands to *manually* chew the pieces; washing the mixture down with ice tea. . . .  Those were the days.

+10 Dwarfiness.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36307 on: August 14, 2013, 02:44:10 pm »

We just had the most racist spambot ever in #bay12lb. Quoting it here would get me banned, so I better not.
This is a blank sig.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36308 on: August 14, 2013, 03:21:22 pm »

We just had the most racist spambot ever in #bay12lb. Quoting it here would get me banned, so I better not.
Was it trying to sell a thing, or was it just a spambot created for the sole purpose of being racist?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36309 on: August 14, 2013, 03:22:00 pm »

Anyway, how is finding out that your own problems and vendettas are basically pointless compared to the problems of the world a bad thing? That's part of the reason the Courier is just so much more impressive then the Lone Wanderer, they actually go through character development. First you're going after Benny just because he shot you in the head, then you get embroiled in a few political situations, then you realize that the cargo you were carrying is the most valuable thing in Nevada, and now you've gone from "murderous mailman" to "the guy who will redefine whole nations just by his actions".

The problem is when the pettiness is part of the main story. The main story should be the one that ups the stakes and has genuine things on the line.

When the main story just gets a "meh" the second you actually go to a place in real danger and fix it (Primm) or when you meet the legion for the first time you kind of think "Who cares about Benny?"

Which still would be fine but the game STILL treats the "quest for petty revenge!" as if it carried weight.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36310 on: August 14, 2013, 03:25:50 pm »

Was it trying to sell a thing, or was it just a spambot created for the sole purpose of being racist?
It linked to a racist website/forum, presumably to solicit members.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36311 on: August 14, 2013, 03:27:51 pm »

It linked to a racist website/forum, presumably to solicit members.
Was it the one that I linked to that one time with big shouty letters in the rage thread? Because that is the only dedicated racist forum I can think of.
Anyway, it still seems like spamming racism is a bad way to make people like you.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36312 on: August 14, 2013, 03:31:25 pm »

Well part of it is that the petty revenge gives you access to a way to become absurdly powerful and basically put the New Vegas strip on steroids once you take over.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #36313 on: August 14, 2013, 03:32:41 pm »

Ahh, one of the reasons I don't play either 2 or NV much . . .  They don't for me, and the enormous amount of side quests seem to detract from any story and even dilute my conception of my characters role and personality.  While Im complaining I hate how Fallout 1 and 2 don't particularly reward evil actions; evil being any action that requires murder and not doing backflips to help others.  Of course the rewards are often combat exp (instead of quest exp) and often more loot.

EDIT:
They even changed some outcomes and/or options (like Junktown ending in 1, The Poisiden Reactor in 2) to make you almost have to do right.  And Modoc . . .  a bunch of right wingers go into hiding, mutate, and punk out by pulling a 'Scooby doo'?  bah, then its all known they are peaceful and nobody accepts it was for the safety of the town?  bah.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 03:35:19 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36314 on: August 14, 2013, 03:44:04 pm »

Some of the best endings and most awesome rewards available in Fallout 2 are from doing evil things. Not stupid things, but nonetheless evil things. Like rebuilding the vault city computer to insure that every future citizen of Vault city is one of your descendants. :3 Heheh.
Pages: 1 ... 2419 2420 [2421] 2422 2423 ... 11040