Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2411 2412 [2413] 2414 2415 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14438636 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #36180 on: August 12, 2013, 07:46:27 am »

... darvi and IO are still around. Irony shows up fairly often in OG, iirc. Think Darv's active in one of the other subforums, too. Aqui still posts every once in a while too, but it's definitely fallen off for 'im. So... no, they're still here?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #36181 on: August 12, 2013, 07:51:50 am »

Darvi spawns in #bay12lb frequently.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36182 on: August 12, 2013, 07:52:24 am »

Darvi spawns in #bay12lb frequently.

Thats where all the cool peeps hang out. :P
This is a blank sig.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36183 on: August 12, 2013, 10:15:14 am »

Shopping for some computer parts over the weekend.  Found a possibility on eBay.  Seller looks okay, item looks passable ... bible verse reference at bottom of description.  Well, I don't care for that very much, but out of morbid curiosity what is the exact verse?

Okay, something in proverbs about having a good name being of more value than earthly riches.  Seller description does seem to focus on keeping a good name, but also states that you have to pay for shipping on returns, and there is a non-refundable 15% restocking fee on returns. 

Doesn't seem to quite add up.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #36184 on: August 12, 2013, 10:45:51 am »

Darvi and Aquizzar and IronyOwl are all gone?! When/why/how?
..But Darvi and IO are frequently still active. I can't say for Aquizzar..because I've never met him though.

Relevant to thread: Just got a grip on history--what kinds of systems people try to implement in education as well as the different styles of grading.

My emotions range from interested to the thread title to disgust.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36185 on: August 12, 2013, 10:48:48 am »

That's because there's no such thing as an Aquizzar.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36186 on: August 12, 2013, 10:50:19 am »

I'm pretty sure Darvi just doesn't post anymore. But he surely still lurks, and he's still with us in spirit, I'm positive about that. Darvi, if you're out there, I still believe in your existence!

It's almost like I can hear him now...

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #36187 on: August 12, 2013, 10:53:33 am »

I'm pretty sure Darvi just doesn't post anymore. But he surely still lurks, and he's still with us in spirit, I'm positive about that. Darvi, if you're out there, I still believe in your existence!

It's almost like I can hear him now...
don't move. he is right behind you. don't look!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36188 on: August 12, 2013, 11:07:46 am »

A friend linked me to a new york times article about how hackers are getting into cars, homes and potentially medical equipment. I'm a hyperlink!

One of the things mentions a possibility of hackers taking over your toilet or fridge.   To which I asked him why would a toilet be networked?  He responded.
Toilet: That weighed 1.2 lbs and appears to be primarily from vegetables.  Post this on facebook?  Yes/Yes?

Ask a stupid question....
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36189 on: August 12, 2013, 11:10:18 am »

A friend linked me to a new york times article about how hackers are getting into cars, homes and potentially medical equipment. I'm a hyperlink!

One of the things mentions a possibility of hackers taking over your toilet or fridge.   To which I asked him why would a toilet be networked?  He responded.
Toilet: That weighed 1.2 lbs and appears to be primarily from vegetables.  Post this on facebook?  Yes/Yes?

Ask a stupid question....

networked toilets are coming

megaman battle network: the spinoff that became reality

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36190 on: August 12, 2013, 11:14:10 am »

Most of that article was pretty stupid.
The only thing there of any concern was the car bit. Everything else was just trying to stir up something scary out of something that people don't fully understand.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #36191 on: August 12, 2013, 11:15:57 am »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36192 on: August 12, 2013, 11:21:30 am »

Even the car thing seems easily solved.  Make sure your cars can't be controlled from outside the car.   Only physical buttons inside the car will control the self drive functions.  No Wi-Fi, no bluetooth, it's unnecessary. 

As a bonus I think we already need dead man switches on cruise control, stick them on the full self drive system too.  If anything stupid starts happening, release the dead man's switch.

For stuff like pacemakers I see no reason they should accept any outside stuff at all.

Though from what I see from security company commercials on what they can do it already sees like it may be possible to hack a house.  But it dosn't look like you'd be able to do anything more harmful than turn the security system off, which can probably be easier done by cutting a wire.   Only fancy thing I could see a hacker doing with a security system is playing with the lights and AC.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36193 on: August 12, 2013, 11:24:22 am »

This store sells absinthe-flavored coffee. Wat.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36194 on: August 12, 2013, 11:38:10 am »

For stuff like pacemakers I see no reason they should accept any outside stuff at all.
Firmware updates and such. Otherwise, you'd need to perform potentially dangerous and expensive surgery to do it.

This store sells absinthe-flavored coffee. Wat.
Natural absinthe flavor?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 2411 2412 [2413] 2414 2415 ... 11040