Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2409 2410 [2411] 2412 2413 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14440901 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #36150 on: August 11, 2013, 01:49:21 pm »

EDIT: In a WTF completely unrelated to tits (as far as I know), Powerpuff Girls was made into an anime. This is not something that I knew.

Oh man, I was forced to watch that once. I wanted to cry.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36151 on: August 11, 2013, 02:03:14 pm »

EDIT: In a WTF completely unrelated to tits (as far as I know), Powerpuff Girls was made into an anime. This is not something that I knew.

That bad?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36152 on: August 11, 2013, 02:10:40 pm »

That bad?

It was a while back, but if I recall it was just super generic shoujo but with the Powerpuff Girl's faces on it. Nothing super memorable, but I definitely would not watch it of my own accord.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36153 on: August 11, 2013, 03:23:16 pm »

I love potato perogies but BOY ohhh boy do store bought meat perogies taste wretched.

Also anyone who says "just mod it in" in the suggestion forum should be banned from it. >_<

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #36154 on: August 11, 2013, 03:29:30 pm »

Also anyone who says "just mod it in" in the suggestion forum should be banned from it. >_<

Just mod them out.
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #36155 on: August 11, 2013, 03:31:22 pm »

I was under under the impression that the suggestion subforum exist only to keep the trolls out of the more interesting subforums.

You don't actually want to go there yourself >.>

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36156 on: August 11, 2013, 03:31:35 pm »

Just mod them out.

Yeah that too, should also be banned.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36157 on: August 11, 2013, 03:40:21 pm »

Just mod them out.

people suggesting people be banned for suggesting should be banned from suggesting, simple as that.

that said, with the advent of dfhack and putnam being a thing we can mod a really big amount of things in, and if it's a mostly flavor thing it can be done with the use of mods (for now) so it doesn't distract toady from the things that are more important in the long run

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #36158 on: August 11, 2013, 03:50:54 pm »

was I just referred to as an event

Also, DFHack workarounds aren't really comparable to official Toady features.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36159 on: August 11, 2013, 03:56:29 pm »

was I just referred to as an event

yes

does this inconvenience you

because i for one would be pleased if my work was notable enough for me to become an event

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #36160 on: August 11, 2013, 03:57:12 pm »

It doesn't inconvenience me at all.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36161 on: August 11, 2013, 03:59:21 pm »

Just mod them out.

people suggesting people be banned for suggesting should be banned from suggesting, simple as that.

that said, with the advent of dfhack and putnam being a thing we can mod a really big amount of things in, and if it's a mostly flavor thing it can be done with the use of mods (for now) so it doesn't distract toady from the things that are more important in the long run

The thing is, if you suggest "Just mod it in" to the person making the suggestion... you clearly do not understand the point of the suggestion thread.

That is why you were booted.

Because NEWS FLASH!!! everyone knows they can mod or alter the world gens to do a lot of what they suggest! Saying "Mod it in" is basically just saying "I clearly do not understand the reason why you would make this a suggestion in the first place. What is this forum I am in?"

Heck I already thought of how I'd make that particular argument. Every single time someone mentions modding as in "Your suggestion is pointless because you can just mod" I'd just make a new topic on the modding forum.

When anyone makes a suggestion in the suggestion forum they are suggesting it for vanilla.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 04:06:21 pm by Neonivek »

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36162 on: August 11, 2013, 04:49:11 pm »

Just mod them out.

The thing is, if you suggest "Just mod it in" to the person making the suggestion... you clearly do not understand the point of the suggestion thread.

That is why you were booted.

Because NEWS FLASH!!! everyone knows they can mod or alter the world gens to do a lot of what they suggest! Saying "Mod it in" is basically just saying "I clearly do not understand the reason why you would make this a suggestion in the first place. What is this forum I am in?"

Heck I already thought of how I'd make that particular argument. Every single time someone mentions modding as in "Your suggestion is pointless because you can just mod" I'd just make a new topic on the modding forum.

When anyone makes a suggestion in the suggestion forum they are suggesting it for vanilla.

i really don't know why you wrote "you were booted" since i didn't post in suggestions for at least a year now, but i will consider myself so if you insist

i'll consider your point made since you seem to be quite vocal about this subject

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36163 on: August 11, 2013, 05:26:44 pm »

I wasn't talking about you. Though I don't know the exact phrase to describe what I did.

Basically I was talking about a hypothetical person.

As for considering what I am saying... Naw it isn't really needed I was mostly just venting. It is rather annoying when people make well thought out suggestions but someone notices that you could mod it in so they go "Just mod it in".

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36164 on: August 12, 2013, 04:36:00 am »

Ogdibus has replaced a great many of her posts with ".", sans quotes.

But she's still posting.

... Wat?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 2409 2410 [2411] 2412 2413 ... 11040