Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2405 2406 [2407] 2408 2409 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14445871 times)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #36090 on: August 10, 2013, 03:32:06 pm »

-snip-
My god. Finally someone else who thinks this. Drink has it's purpose, but that's all. *Internet high five*
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36091 on: August 10, 2013, 03:34:23 pm »

it's not a date you care about unless you care about it so much it makes you nervous enough to have to drink the nervousness away in order to act normal

have you considered this~

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #36092 on: August 10, 2013, 03:36:19 pm »

You seem stressed out.

You obviously need to drink some more :P

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #36093 on: August 10, 2013, 03:48:41 pm »

Agree so much Truean.  I've talked about my perspectives on alcohol on the boards before.  Desiring to be drunk never made sense to me, and I find the taste of alcohol to be something like earwax + gasoline.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #36094 on: August 10, 2013, 03:55:43 pm »

Agree so much Truean.  I've talked about my perspectives on alcohol on the boards before.  Desiring to be drunk never made sense to me, and I find the taste of alcohol to be something like earwax + gasoline.
Well, some people do like it. I do agree that being an ass about it is not ideal >.>

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36095 on: August 10, 2013, 03:57:58 pm »

Eh, there are some alcoholic drinks that I enjoy the taste of. That said, I don't enjoy getting drunk, not least because of the people that one tends to be getting drunk with.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #36096 on: August 10, 2013, 03:59:30 pm »

Well, some people do like it. I do agree that being an ass about it is not ideal >.>

Yeah... I don't really have a problem with other people liking it.  But like Truean, it bothers me that it's so central to socialization for so many people who take it so seriously.  And that it's the most accepted drug in our society (unless you count caffeine), despite causing more problems than most.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36097 on: August 10, 2013, 04:07:29 pm »

I think I have one alcoholic drink a year, at most. I'm not terribly fond of the taste (though one drink was actually really good) and the appeal of getting drunk is completely alien for me.

So, Internet high-fives all around?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #36098 on: August 10, 2013, 04:21:13 pm »

I really don't like how society is completely built around alcohol.
Well urban civilization requires one of three drinking cultures: Tea culture, alcohol culture or both. Boil it or booze it, both sterilize it. It's only now in the modern world where just plain water alongside coffee have become alternatives.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #36099 on: August 10, 2013, 04:22:04 pm »

I am personally repulsed from socializing in general at college due to the omnipresent (and mostly illegal) drinking culture.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #36100 on: August 10, 2013, 04:22:19 pm »

I like getting a little drunk. I say a little because so far, I can still remember most of the stuff I did the day after.

Tipsy me is also better at talking to people :v. I don't like having to actively and constantly remember not to talk to loudly though :/

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #36101 on: August 10, 2013, 05:12:39 pm »

I didn't even know not drinking booze at some kind of social convention could be seen as "bad."

All the unspoken rules for being "social" really seem to be an unnecessary hindrance. Drink, don't drink, eat salad with the salad fork, don't call until 3 days after a date, tilt your head at precisely a 45.7 degree angle and cover your mouth with your dominant hand before sneezing.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #36102 on: August 10, 2013, 05:14:20 pm »

Like styling your hair when having a party. My mom makes me do this constantly. Why, I say?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #36103 on: August 10, 2013, 05:48:35 pm »

Ehn. Never drank, never will, don't like being around it. Talked about that before, I think. S'basically existential horror to me, ha. Same with most anything psychoactive, really. Have to get around to tolerating the last bit, at least, eventually, but... yeah.

Like styling your hair when having a party. My mom makes me do this constantly. Why, I say?
As for this... twice, when I was younger, parental figure managed to cajole me into using hair spray. It is now firmly in the "fool me twice" category of existence. Aesthetic appeal aside (I'll give it looked a bit better), that stuff is one of the most physically repugnant things I've ever had done to my hair. And it's like. I've had animals piss in my hair, I think. It ends up feeling like bloody straw, but somehow worse. Never again. As with layered clothing (never in Florida, get that undershirt the hell away from me, underwear is my one concession and the pants come off as soon as socially acceptable.), I will shiv a frakker before you get that stuff on me again.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #36104 on: August 10, 2013, 06:01:32 pm »

Ehh, I've had alcohol a few times, was never terribly interested. All I did notice was I inherited my family's resistance against inebriation. I'm opposed to casual drinking of it.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 ... 2405 2406 [2407] 2408 2409 ... 11040