Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2404 2405 [2406] 2407 2408 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14448562 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #36075 on: August 10, 2013, 01:26:45 am »

Wasn't the "Bless You" thing due to your soul being vulnerable to demons in the moment you sneeze?

Given that, I think it's entirely plausible that demons could attack your soul via the butt as well. Good call on the fart-blessing.
It's an imprint on Western culture from the wonderful plague that very well nearly killed everyone. Sneezing was a sign of sure sickness, so bless you you're about to get wrecked. Put into that context, it's not all that impossible they'd say bless you to flatulence either during a particularly known bought of dysentery.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36076 on: August 10, 2013, 01:28:48 am »

That doesn't explain why my grandmother responds to belches with "The Bishop's at the door."

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #36077 on: August 10, 2013, 02:24:45 am »

She probably made that up and thinks it's the funniest thing in the world :P

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36078 on: August 10, 2013, 04:33:13 am »

That doesn't explain why my grandmother responds to belches with "The Bishop's at the door."

Maybe she's trying to tell you she left the bishop chess piece at the door and you are just laughing at her communication attempt

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #36079 on: August 10, 2013, 12:07:20 pm »

She probably made that up and thinks it's the funniest thing in the world :P
I will bet my right shoe that this is the case.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #36080 on: August 10, 2013, 12:09:41 pm »

Wasn't the "Bless You" thing due to your soul being vulnerable to demons in the moment you sneeze?
Was explained to me (the one time it ever came up) that it was 'cause your heart skipped a beat or somethin' when you sneezed, so the bless you was something along the lines of asking god to keep the ticker going afterwards.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36081 on: August 10, 2013, 12:27:36 pm »

I've been playing The Last of Us*, and was inspired to read up on mind-controlling parasites. Turns out nature's a funny place. Unless you're attacked by one of those things of course.

Spoiler: * (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 12:30:10 pm by olemars »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #36082 on: August 10, 2013, 12:29:32 pm »

I've been playing The Last of Us, and was inspired to read up on mind-controlling parasites. Turns out nature's a funny place. Unless you're attacked by one of those things of course.
Everything I needed to know about cats I learned from toxoplasmagondii.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36083 on: August 10, 2013, 12:59:08 pm »

There's a commercial for some internet company that has a guy selling hamburgers, asking people "Do you want to pay $5 or $10?" and then telling them how stupid they'd be to pay more. All I can think is, "Well, if it was a really good hamburger maybe it'd be nice to pay more to show your support." Too much time around indie developers. :S
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36084 on: August 10, 2013, 01:01:51 pm »

Everything I needed to know about cats I learned from toxoplasmagondii.

Cats are the best; I know this because Toxoplasma told me so. I mean, just look at this cat, it's mauling my arm open and I'm bleeding everywhere. So precious! And really, the smell of Cat Urine in my house is actually kind of nice. You guys must just not be used to it.

What's that Toxoplasma? Oh, sure I can go spend, like, $200 on toys and cat furniture now. Hey, and while I'm at it, why not pick up a few more cats? Because cats, right? Yeah!

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36085 on: August 10, 2013, 01:31:35 pm »

There's a commercial for some internet company that has a guy selling hamburgers, asking people "Do you want to pay $5 or $10?" and then telling them how stupid they'd be to pay more. All I can think is, "Well, if it was a really good hamburger maybe it'd be nice to pay more to show your support." Too much time around indie developers. :S
Actually I think this is a good mentality to have. Screw that advert, if it's a great quality hamburger, I'll pay $10 for it.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #36086 on: August 10, 2013, 01:51:51 pm »

Actually I think this is a good mentality to have. Screw that advert, if it's a great quality hamburger, I'll pay $10 for it.
Or you just buy two burgers...

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #36087 on: August 10, 2013, 03:11:41 pm »

Yes, stupid to pay more, except it might not be the same product.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #36088 on: August 10, 2013, 03:26:25 pm »

I now want a sandwich that contains the meat of every animal that man consumes.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #36089 on: August 10, 2013, 03:29:34 pm »

I really don't like how society is completely built around alcohol. I don't like to drink. I do drink (in increasingly lessening amounts and frequency), but that's to cope with things and completely beside the point. I've cut back significantly.

When somebody says they don't want alcohol, chill out. It is not a reflection on anybody, nor is it a personal insult. I will have any other drink around with you. I will still hang out with you in the event we are attending. You may attempt to goad me into drinking; not happening. Doesn't change anything or anybody, and everything is still fine. Please don't act like this isn't the case: seemingly everybody.

I'm not judging anybody; I'm making a personal choice. Isn't that what everybody keeps shouting about everything these days? Booze is the thing for nights I DON'T want to remember.... Take it as a compliment that I want to spend time with you and maintain a memory of it.

And guys ... guys trying to do this on dates.... WTF? Yes, because attempting to get your date intoxicated shows you really care.... My my, and let's stop for a moment to let theflock of wild sarcasms cross the path.... It's gonna be a while they just love to go as quick as they can.... Sarcasms, an entire quacking flock of them. Still not enough.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 03:37:34 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.
Pages: 1 ... 2404 2405 [2406] 2407 2408 ... 11040