Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2402 2403 [2404] 2405 2406 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14440365 times)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #36045 on: August 09, 2013, 02:27:45 pm »

Have you ever felt like killing your wife and posting a picture of her dead body on Facebook?

Sadly, no pic for my viewing pleasure horror.

I can describe it in detail to you, but to be honest, the picture itself wasn't very shocking or anything. Just a woman who has been shot, looking like dozens of other women who've been shot and like dozens of future women who will be shot. Wasn't even the first time someone admitted to a murder and supplied proof within social media.
I remember there was one guy who uploaded a picture of himself holding a head.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #36046 on: August 09, 2013, 02:29:20 pm »

But . . . why?  Is this some need for approval or confession, or some attempt at mitigation?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36047 on: August 09, 2013, 02:32:56 pm »

This particular example he said, "I just killed my wife and I'm now going to jail for a long time." (not a direct quote but close enough)

So I'm guessing it was some sort of guilt/emotion reaction. In which case for this particular case I'm glad he at least had the decency to feel guilty about it.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36048 on: August 09, 2013, 02:34:42 pm »

The article pisskop linked points at Derek being a victim of domestic abuse. At least, that's what he claims. All-in-all a poor situation to judge upon.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #36049 on: August 09, 2013, 02:39:16 pm »

The man CLAIMED to be a victim of domestic abuse. Does not mean it's true.

Furthermore, I'm going to state the obvious: while domestic abuse of men is a real thing, the situation is unlikely to be the same as women domestic abuse. In particular, it's far more unlikely that, when subject to physical violence from a woman, a man's only recourse will be to resort to lethal force. 
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #36050 on: August 09, 2013, 02:46:49 pm »

From what I read, his Facebook post was admitting to all his family and friends what he had just done and saying goodbye.  He said she was hitting him and he couldn't take the abuse anymore.  Yeah, women can be abusive in relationships, too, and there's not much in the way of support for men in those situations.  And they had a kid.  Given how much stronger women's custody rights are, a guy in that kind of situation is pretty likely to suffer the relationship until he snaps, because the alternative is to leave the kid alone with an abusive person.  He could very well be lying.  But if he's not, I can understand.  Doesn't make what he did right or excusable.  But being trapped with abuse long-term will take a person's mind to very dark places.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36051 on: August 09, 2013, 02:50:40 pm »

Furthermore, I'm going to state the obvious: while domestic abuse of men is a real thing, the situation is unlikely to be the same as women domestic abuse. In particular, it's far more unlikely that, when subject to physical violence from a woman, a man's only recourse will be to resort to lethal force.

All-in-all a poor situation to judge upon.

I were inclined to use "piss-poor" but that'd be outright horrible when quoting something pisskop linked.

He claims he was the victim, people who knew him claim he'd be the perpetrator here. According to what I noticed previously my mind works in leaps of logic instead of steps, so let's put this clearly - not enough data to say who's in the wrong, and I didn't claim that he was guilt-free. Or I did, but didn't mean to do so. Such cases.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #36052 on: August 09, 2013, 03:28:02 pm »

This particular example he said, "I just killed my wife and I'm now going to jail for a long time." (not a direct quote but close enough)

So I'm guessing it was some sort of guilt/emotion reaction. In which case for this particular case I'm glad he at least had the decency to feel guilty about it.
I recall he said jail or death sentence. Sounds like the guy knew what he was in for.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36053 on: August 09, 2013, 04:16:26 pm »

The funny thing is... The exact same thing applies to a woman.

There is a reason why "beaten wife syndrome" has its own name... because most women who suffer extreme domestic abuse can just leave at anytime. Nothing is physically stopping them from packing a bag while he is gone and leaving for good.

As well when they are in the throws of abuse, it is rarely a situation where the spouse is being so abusive it could kill the wife as well.

The reason why men are less likely to get the mercy of the court is because they are "stronger" and thus the perception is that if they were being abuse they could just have smacked the wife back and forced her down and stopped the abuse.

Which honestly is a bunch of nonsense all over... Since they don't apply the exact same "beaten wife syndrome" to men.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 04:20:49 pm by Neonivek »

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #36054 on: August 09, 2013, 04:54:56 pm »

The thing is, in our society if you really want to hurt someone, relative physical strength is just one of many factors.  There's a reason anyone would bother with child soldiers; it doesn't matter who's holding the gun, it will still kill you.  Pepper spray, stun guns, calling your buddies in to beat someone up, and hitting them something particularly heavy, are more ways to hurt someone stronger than you.

An abusive relationship is more about an emotional hold than a physical one.  I wrote a whole paragraph about that but on further consideration I don't actually know enough about abusive relationships to comment on them and this is kind of sensitive topic.  The courts are definitely weird when it comes to men being mistreated by women though.  There's this whole thing, at least in America, where some people don't think men can be raped by women.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #36055 on: August 09, 2013, 04:55:35 pm »

Plus, there actually are things stopping men from simply leaving... like kids, as I mentioned before.  My understanding is throughout most of the U.S., the only way a women won't get primary custody of her children is if she's a felon or directly states that she doesn't want it.  So when the man leaves, he's dooming his children to live alone with an abusive mother, who is now likely to be extra stressed and have no one but the children to take it out on.

And I really don't understand how men are supposed to be able to defend themselves when they can be charged with abuse at the drop of a hat.  In my state, it's mandatory policy to arrest the man in any domestic abuse call, even if there's zero indication that the man has done anything wrong and the woman admits to abusive behavior.  I've known somebody who spent a night in jail under such circumstances.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #36056 on: August 09, 2013, 06:10:54 pm »

We have the same law here. A guy my dad worked with was arrested after his wife stabbed him.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #36057 on: August 09, 2013, 06:18:23 pm »

Don't take this the wrong way but... where the fuck do you people live?  *doesn't know own state's laws and hopes they aren't the same*
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #36058 on: August 09, 2013, 06:20:05 pm »

Indiana
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36059 on: August 09, 2013, 06:20:21 pm »

Don't take this the wrong way but... where the fuck do you people live?  *doesn't know own state's laws and hopes they aren't the same*

A land with sanity. Clearly far far away.
Pages: 1 ... 2402 2403 [2404] 2405 2406 ... 11040