Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2396 2397 [2398] 2399 2400 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14440243 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #35955 on: August 07, 2013, 05:36:08 pm »

So a bunch of freerunners are practicing around my area now. They show up frequently, today there were two ladies jumping over a waste-high fence [the jumping looked easy, it was landing on the ledge by the edge of the lake that looked a *tad* bit more difficult], climbing over walls but they all got one-upped by the dude who climbed up a chain on one of the bridges to walk on the narrow beams at the very top.

http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/08/07/american-tourist-snaps-finger-off-600-year-old-statue-in-florence-museum/

So about those stereotypes...
*Clap clap clap clap*
Freedom

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #35956 on: August 07, 2013, 05:39:03 pm »

http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/08/07/american-tourist-snaps-finger-off-600-year-old-statue-in-florence-museum/

Doesn't fit the stereotypes at all, actually. The unidentified individual wasn't being boorish, jingoistic, or in any way offensive. He simply didn't obey the "no touching" rule. Interestingly, in my town that's a Canadian sterotype, or at least was for a little while.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #35957 on: August 07, 2013, 05:51:40 pm »

Doesn't fit the stereotypes at all, actually. The unidentified individual wasn't being boorish, jingoistic, or in any way offensive. He simply didn't obey the "no touching" rule. Interestingly, in my town that's a Canadian sterotype, or at least was for a little while.
Wasn't there another happening that was a HUGE deal about how a Chinese boy defaced a thousand year old thing in Egypt?

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35958 on: August 07, 2013, 05:53:53 pm »

Wasn't there another happening that was a HUGE deal about how a Chinese boy defaced a thousand year old thing in Egypt?

i remember the thing

it was the luxor temple

today i learned the luxor temple is a thousand years old

basically there's shit tourists and there's shittier tourists and then there's the tourists who look like they're shit but they're only doing it because they want to blend in and the nationality doesn't matter much

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #35959 on: August 07, 2013, 05:57:38 pm »

Obnoxious, ignorant, screw the rules, I'm part of a superpower...

Wasn't the original finger though, so no real harm done.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #35960 on: August 07, 2013, 06:18:40 pm »

ctrl+w in notepad++ closes the tab without a warning and without saving.

If I didn't save my work every 30 seconds or so, I'd be goddamn furious.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #35961 on: August 07, 2013, 06:32:36 pm »

I hope not.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #35962 on: August 07, 2013, 06:42:45 pm »

Fusco learns about the "unfair Campaign".  Most here probably disagree with me, but it sickens me some.  Source
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #35963 on: August 07, 2013, 06:43:12 pm »

More like 3500 years old.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #35964 on: August 07, 2013, 06:48:40 pm »

Fusco learns about the "unfair Campaign".  Most here probably disagree with me, but it sickens me some.  Source
There's not much to disagree about. That reminds me, I've got a thread to go back on about such a thing...

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35965 on: August 07, 2013, 06:49:12 pm »

More like 3500 years old.

the joke

your head

seriously i'm not going to put transparent text after every single questionable reference or piece of snark

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #35966 on: August 07, 2013, 06:50:32 pm »

So a bunch of freerunners are practicing around my area now. They show up frequently, today there were two ladies jumping over a waste-high fence [the jumping looked easy, it was landing on the ledge by the edge of the lake that looked a *tad* bit more difficult], climbing over walls but they all got one-upped by the dude who climbed up a chain on one of the bridges to walk on the narrow beams at the very top.

...I wanna live where you live right now just so I could sit outside and watch that. Freerunning/parkour is cool to watch.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #35967 on: August 07, 2013, 06:59:19 pm »

There's a big shitstorm going on the World of Tanks's official forum right now.

Several Soviet tanks in the game have Russian decals such as "Joseph Stalin", "For Stalin!", "For our Soviet Motherland!" and the like. Many real Soviet tank crews during World War II did put them on their tanks.
After reportedly receiving complaints from some Europeans, Wargaming.net removed them on US and EU servers. Soon, the removal was reported on the Russian internet, and many Russians went up in arms. Rumours that Soviet IS heavy tanks would be soon removed from the game because of their name (IS = Iosif Stalin) fueled up the rage.
Wargaming.net decided not to anger the Russians. Several days before, Relic's strategy game "Company of Heroes 2" about the Eastern Front of WW2 was pulled off the shelves in Russia by its local publisher 1C-Multimedia because of numerous complaints and online petitions (it portrayed the Red Army and the Soviet Union in a very negative light). The WoT developers decided to avoid getting into similar trouble, put the decals mentioning Stalin back into the game and posted about in on their website, stating that the decals in the game are for historical authenticity, and that Stalin's role in defeating the Nazi Germany is unquestionable.
They've escaped the fury of Russians... but managed to attract the ire of some European players, who accused them of being Stalin's fans, demanded to remove the decals and threatened to boycott World of Tanks.

All that fuss over tank decals. I'm not sure it was worth it.

(edit: added missing commas)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 07:02:03 pm by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35968 on: August 07, 2013, 07:01:01 pm »

they deserve this for killing my beautiful 9v9 artillery rounds

the tenth player in each team is the scout by the way

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35969 on: August 07, 2013, 07:11:10 pm »

Ordered textbook online. Came in today (well, all of them did, one of them several days before predicted arrival, but... whatever). Opened box and...

... well, there was the book, yes. There was also chewing gum, command strips, an advertisement for Hulu, and... a canned energy drink. I guess I'm not exactly complaining (the strips might end up useful, and the box itself is far larger than needed for the book, so can maybe be put to use), but... I ordered a book. Not... all this other stuff. Most of which I have no interest in or use for.

Advertising is apparently a hell of a drug.

I just... I wasn't expecting to pull a canned drink and bubblegum out of the book's shipping box. Or anything but the book and maybe some padding or whatever, really.

...I need to buy my books from wherever you buy books. That's pretty cool! (Free stuff is always cool!)
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.
Pages: 1 ... 2396 2397 [2398] 2399 2400 ... 11040