Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2393 2394 [2395] 2396 2397 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14442878 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #35910 on: August 05, 2013, 01:09:35 pm »

Huh. The address on google searches seems to have changed from some incomprehensible gobbley gook to some shorter incomprehensible gobbley gook. I can only assume this is Google change the way searches work on the back end so that like, I dunno. Super spying, something.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35911 on: August 05, 2013, 02:11:17 pm »

Huh. The address on google searches seems to have changed from some incomprehensible gobbley gook to some shorter incomprehensible gobbley gook. I can only assume this is Google change the way searches work on the back end so that like, I dunno. Super spying, something.

If anything it may make your searches more secure from spying, since the search string won't be straight in the URL. The old URLs still work, I just checked, but it may be temporary to support people with custom or 3rd party plugins and shortcuts. Weird, though.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #35913 on: August 05, 2013, 06:16:18 pm »

Game. Game.

Nine foot tall demons are not "rats". Not even if they summon rats. That is not a rat. That is nothing at all like a rat.

Game.

Game. You're a bit of an asshole.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35914 on: August 05, 2013, 06:31:23 pm »

Game. Game.

Nine foot tall demons are not "rats". Not even if they summon rats. That is not a rat. That is nothing at all like a rat.

Game.

Game. You're a bit of an asshole.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Avernum's amazing. First real game I ever played, I think.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #35915 on: August 05, 2013, 09:45:32 pm »

I think there's a crying chick outside my house. Attempting to verify without getting involved.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35916 on: August 05, 2013, 10:34:06 pm »

Rubberfruit's TF2 videos usually fit the WTF bill pretty well, this one's my favorite.

Oh, and this one too.
Several videos later, and I think I've had way too much internet for the evening. Or perhaps not nearly enough.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #35917 on: August 05, 2013, 10:36:36 pm »

I think there's a crying chick outside my house. Attempting to verify without getting involved.
I can't tell if you mean a human girl or a young female avian ...

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35918 on: August 05, 2013, 10:53:41 pm »

Today I learned that in high school relationships, saying "I love you" actually can be a death sentence to a relationship. I thought that was only a movie trope. D: This is why I need to speak to "normal" people more often, to keep up on how the typical person does typical social things.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35919 on: August 05, 2013, 10:57:32 pm »

It's easy to deride high school relationships, but in all age groups, both people need a good idea of what the other person wants in terms of seriousness. Going too far (or not far enough) can harm any relationship.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #35920 on: August 05, 2013, 11:20:42 pm »

I can't tell if you mean a human girl or a young female avian ...

Human young adult woman.

Upon further inspection, I've concluded that I don't think anyone was crying outside. I might just be too tired.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #35921 on: August 06, 2013, 06:07:13 am »

Saw tee shirt that said: "Truth + God = Life."

All I could think was that it mathematically follows that to solve for Truth:

Truth + God = Life

subtract God from both sides of the equation....

Truth = Life - God

I.... Of course I'm not gonna say anything but it I don't think whoever made that shirt considered the implications of what they were printing.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35922 on: August 06, 2013, 06:09:02 am »

Saw tee shirt that said: "Truth + God = Life."

All I could think was that it mathematically follows that to solve for Truth:

Truth + God = Life

subtract God from both sides of the equation....

Truth = Life - God

I.... Of course I'm not gonna say anything but it I don't think whoever made that shirt considered the implications of what they were printing.

silly truean, abuse of mathematics is the new way to wear a fedora (because actual fedoras are so mainstream)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #35923 on: August 06, 2013, 06:09:32 am »

Religious slogans were never the best at logical consistency.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #35924 on: August 06, 2013, 06:12:24 am »

So that means that Life = God - Truth.
I'm going to have quite a lot of fun with the Jehovah's witnesses in my neighborhood. Thank you, Truean.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 2393 2394 [2395] 2396 2397 ... 11040