Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2385 2386 [2387] 2388 2389 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14443062 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #35790 on: August 02, 2013, 11:41:04 am »

I can still see the emo skeleton though.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35791 on: August 02, 2013, 02:50:02 pm »

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #35792 on: August 02, 2013, 03:54:24 pm »

EDIT: reaching a point where I'm getting curious as to why Lazycat KEEPS returning to these forums. By this point, trolls would have given up, but he keeps chugging along.

He's too dumb to realize nobody really cares a lot about his existence and the minor annoyance he insists on being.

Don't be too hard on him, after all, he was singlehandedly responsible for adding at least 22 dollars to the main-branch Cataclysm kickstarter goal via lashback, at least from me.
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #35793 on: August 02, 2013, 04:56:21 pm »

Spoiler: Notable Quotables (click to show/hide)

Dear... Dear God. Lazycat is so arrogant. He's comparing himself to Galileo, for crying out loud.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35794 on: August 02, 2013, 04:57:56 pm »

Nah, he is just trolling or attention seeking. I was tempted to post in the ongoing discussion, but think wasting my time and effort on composing a post in discussion with them is wrong.
This is a blank sig.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #35795 on: August 02, 2013, 04:58:41 pm »

Spoiler: Notable Quotables (click to show/hide)

Dear... Dear God. Lazycat is so arrogant. He's comparing himself to Galileo, for crying out loud.
Who are you to doubt him? Scoff at him? LAUGH AT HIM? You open your eyes, I DARE YOU. You will not see, even with your eyes open you will not look through Galileo's telescope, you will not see what Lazycat sees, the Xantolopes are around us and the veil of our doubts protects us from reality... You didn't listen, you didn't see...

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35796 on: August 02, 2013, 05:00:37 pm »

Nah, he is just trolling or attention seeking. I was tempted to post in the ongoing discussion, but think wasting my time and effort on composing a post in discussion with them is wrong.
Normal trolls aren't this fucking dedicated.

Seriously, anyone else would have given up by now. He's been going on for months! He's not using a bot or anything, I think it's all manual apart from copy-pasting! No-one would go that far except the utterly mad.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #35797 on: August 02, 2013, 05:04:23 pm »

Dude's fucking crazy. And going off on tangents about how he's apparently the smartest person alive and we're all just jealous of his wisdom, in creating a minor branch of an open-source roguelike.

Even if he is trolling, in the sense that he sees himself as tricking us filthy plebs, he's still fucking crazy for keeping it up so long.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 05:06:58 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #35798 on: August 02, 2013, 05:08:15 pm »

Galileo had a telescope? Neat.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35799 on: August 02, 2013, 05:08:42 pm »

You know, at first I thought he was just a jerk. Then I thought he was a complete arsehole. Now he strikes me as an utterly insane egomaniac. He is so sure of himself it borders on psychosis.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35800 on: August 02, 2013, 05:13:47 pm »

The problem is not about believing one or the other, the problem is in refusing to even look at the evidence. You know when Galileo said Earth revolves around Sun and not the other way around, everyone simply "knew" he must be wrong and they refused to even look through his telescope

Uhhhh... you know that the Telescope wasn't the problem right and that Heliocentric models were thought of before him.

The issue was the unusual movement of the planets and thus the current model graphed the movements of the planets but that calculation was rather intensive.

Silly revisionist history... This is like those silly programs that make Christopher Columbus as a guy who was trying to prove the world was round... Yet that is completely contradictory because people knew it was round at that time period, the difference was how large the world was as most estimations at the time made it rather huge.

As well Christopher Columbus was sort of incompetent and somewhat of a malicious person.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35801 on: August 02, 2013, 05:15:35 pm »

That's the least he's done in the name of an argument. If saying that the nazis won WWII would benefit him in an argument, then he will say it.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #35802 on: August 02, 2013, 05:28:11 pm »

Actually, the usual beliefs about the Earth's circumference at the time pegged it as being too small, and it was this that had Columbus thinking he was in Asia. :P
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #35803 on: August 02, 2013, 05:36:07 pm »

Actually, the usual beliefs about the Earth's circumference at the time pegged it as being too small, and it was this that had Columbus thinking he was in Asia. :P

Hmm. I thought Columbus was the person who thought it was too small, and that everyone else thought that it was larger than he was assuming and that he'd never have enough supplies to last a journey that long over open ocean.

I do know that the greek mathematician who calculated out the Earth's circumference back in the classical era was actually very close.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #35804 on: August 02, 2013, 05:37:42 pm »

Yeah, the usual beliefs were within, like 1%. Columbus was just a dumbass (and a horrible person, to boot, but that's not exactly our conversation right now).
Pages: 1 ... 2385 2386 [2387] 2388 2389 ... 11040