Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2355 2356 [2357] 2358 2359 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14446870 times)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #35340 on: July 24, 2013, 11:54:58 am »

I have to defend it by saying that there's apparently quite some skill in the higher ("prestige") levels. I have a friend who reached them, and apparently it's quite different from non-prestige.
As a regular CoD player, I have to say that this makes no sense. 

Prestige levels just give you some cosmetic crap and (in the most recent CoD) some additional unlocks for guns/perks/etc. 

There is nothing connecting skill level and prestige level that I know of. 

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #35341 on: July 24, 2013, 11:55:41 am »

I have to defend it by saying that there's apparently quite some skill in the higher ("prestige") levels. I have a friend who reached them, and apparently it's quite different from non-prestige.

Also, they aren't heretics that are lost forever to AAA titles, since I got him to play TF2. (Some of them are, tough.)
Yeah, most of them are heretics. And based on past experience, prestige means nothing.

I went back and played Halo 4 recently. No one knows how to play that game anymore. Its like all the good players just got up and left. I played one match and got third, then went on to get first place in team slayer matches 7 times in a row. It would've taken me all night and the better part of a year just to do that on any other game, and I did it after not having played the game for a good month. My inbox was overflowing with !!RAGE!!mail, and I never get !!RAGE!!mail.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #35342 on: July 24, 2013, 12:06:31 pm »

Stopped at an Area 51-themed truck stop. Gas station, 50s-styled diner, alien merchandise...
and apparently a brothel. Which, if the various souvenirs are anything to go by, is also alien themed O_o
Nevada, you so cray zee.
Brothels are legal in most areas of Nevada except Vegas and Reno, so it's not surprising you saw one. Still wouldn't recommend using it, though.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #35343 on: July 24, 2013, 12:14:46 pm »

I just guessed it based on stories I was told.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #35344 on: July 24, 2013, 01:30:36 pm »

Also, they aren't heretics that are lost forever to AAA titles, since I got him to play TF2. (Some of them are, tough.)
Yeah, most of them are heretics. And based on past experience, prestige means nothing.

I went back and played Halo 4 recently. No one knows how to play that game anymore. Its like all the good players just got up and left. I played one match and got third, then went on to get first place in team slayer matches 7 times in a row. It would've taken me all night and the better part of a year just to do that on any other game, and I did it after not having played the game for a good month. My inbox was overflowing with !!RAGE!!mail, and I never get !!RAGE!!mail.

Yea... I play CS:GO occasionally. In the Arms Race mode, in order for me to NOT come in at #1 every time, I have to turn it into a drinking game. 1 shot of alcohol every time I come in at #1, it starts getting interesting after 6 or so rounds.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35345 on: July 24, 2013, 01:38:27 pm »

Ehhh... I personally think Halo 4 is a bit meh

I played the campaign... 343 did okay for their first Halo game.

Multiplayer was meh, I however did like how the classes worked... though shoot me as I play COD as well(Occasionaly)

Aaaaand Spartan Ops was actually interesting due to its 'Five minutes of alien killing' that I always found entertaining and filled that itch for Firefight that I so loved from Reach and ODST.

Now onto a WTF thing today!

How often I decide to log onto DF.... only to quit after I decide I want to play some X@COM/XCOMRL/Whatever

Oh and this guy

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35346 on: July 24, 2013, 02:10:23 pm »

Most of the decent Halo players either stopped with 3 or phased out during ODST and Reach. Damn, I actually liked the rank system in 3, too, because it kept "skill" and time played separate, so you could get an idea both of how long someone had been playing and how good they (or their buddies that they partied with) were.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #35347 on: July 24, 2013, 02:14:01 pm »

So I watched Battle Royale today. Decent enough movie. However.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35348 on: July 24, 2013, 02:15:20 pm »

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35349 on: July 24, 2013, 02:19:21 pm »

... Did Frumple just say he's never used soap before?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35350 on: July 24, 2013, 02:20:56 pm »

Where? (Link?)
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35351 on: July 24, 2013, 02:23:28 pm »

... Did Frumple just say he's never used soap before?
The one where he was saying how he thought someone would think him a prostitute for using it?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35352 on: July 24, 2013, 02:29:10 pm »

Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #35353 on: July 24, 2013, 02:33:40 pm »

As I found out today, there's an amusement arcade in our local park which has these arcade machines.
I wonder, where did they manage to buy them?
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 2355 2356 [2357] 2358 2359 ... 11040